IGNORED

I freed Jinger! (Well, on the Sims anyway).

lawlifelgbt

I was bored, so I decided to make Sims of the Duggar kids I'd most like to free. Of course, that's Siah and Joy. But then I thought of this site, so I made Jinger too.

My aim was to let them have normal, successful lives based on their actual personalities and interests, not what they've been directed into in fundieland.

So they all live together in a nice Monticello-style house. I changed one of the downstairs sitting rooms into teenage Siah's room, and changed the smaller upstairs bedroom into a studio/lab. Each of the three has their own room. Siah is a teenager, and Jinger and Joy are young adults (I fudged the age and made Joy older so she could go to the university right away).

It's been nice! Sim-Joy wears pants and has a career as a professional singer, and is very athletic and brave.

Sim-Jinger is currently in France, taking photos and exploring. She's a freelance photographer and very skilled, and makes "nectar" (wine) on the side on her trips. She's a dramatic diva with a good eye for photos.

Sim-Siah is doing great in school and has a part-time job at a grocery store, where he moved up from stocking to doing the books. He loves to paint, and is working on his second novel and plays the electric guitar.

They have a dog and cat that they lavish attention on.

I don't think Joy will marry, but Jinger likely will as she "ages" in the game. Jinger will have 1-2 kids, and Joy will be an awesome aunt to them.

Sim-Siah will have the kind of marriage that's only legal in a minority of states (it's not speculation if I don't say it, right?) and adopt an older child with his spouse, who will move in.

Any more ideas?

Did you make Sim parents for them? I like making families with people who have opposite personalities :twisted:

Maybe make a Sim Jimbob and Michelle who have a few kids, and leave Michelle to take care of them all day - because unlike Real Life, they have to go to school in Simland! She could have the "big family" aspiration but never be able to have kids because you never let them "try for baby". Jim Bob could have the money aspiration but never get it because he has too many mouths to feed already, and only he works.

I don't make specific fundie-sims (like Duggars, for example), but I do make general fundie families and put them through endless drama. There's a homeschooling hack that is pretty useful for this!

Homeschool hack... ooh I'm gonna look into that when I get The Sims again (lost it on the last harddrive)

Last time I was playing I had a King of the Hill family :embarrassed: Hank would go fishing, Peggy wrote novels, Luanne worked part time at the beauty place and Bobby cooked all the food... A fun die family seems more challenging. Make the father a moocher :lol:

Archived