IGNORED

What Does 'Keep Sweet' Mean?

AnnoDomini

NO ONE can be 'joyful' all the time. That's not possible as a human. So 'always' showing 'joy' necessitates pretending. Lying.

NO ONE can be 'joyful' all the time. That's not possible as a human. So 'always' showing 'joy' necessitates pretending. Lying.

Exactly. For so many people, appearances are what's important, not reality. They don't care what their children (or wives) are really feeling, so long as they can put on a show to make them look good.

That's why they call them Liars for Jesus. Well in addition to plenty of other reasons.

I'm reading Stolen Innocence (http://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Innocence- ... 313&sr=8-1) by Elissa Walls right now and that phrase is used a LOT throughout by Warren Jeffs and the other men and women in the church to basically keep the girls quiet while they are being married off to old men at young ages. Good book so far, and I recommend it if you're interested in the FLDS.

Cornerstone Church in San Antonio is a fundy megachurch, and I think dominionist. That's John Hagee's church, and they have a huge television ministry. http://www.sacornerstone.org/

Hagee met his wife by having an affair with her when he was married to someone else, she was too, and she was also a member of his congregation at the time. That little detail is left out of the official bio. Also, they are not nice people, at least not to people who have had encounters with them.

Hagee also has a big pro-Israel event every year, in conjunction with the local Jewish community, but neglects to mention the fact that he's pro-Israel because in his theology, Israel has to be returned to its former glory just before the Second Coming when all the Jews will be converted to Christianity. Or something like that.

I really can't stand John Hagee.

Ugh. JOY was pounded into my head from the delicate age of 5 on up. It was a regular part of Sunday School lessons.

Thankfully obeying cheerfully was never mentioned or taught.

Cornerstone Church in San Antonio is a fundy megachurch, and I think dominionist. That's John Hagee's church, and they have a huge television ministry. http://www.sacornerstone.org/

Hagee met his wife by having an affair with her when he was married to someone else, she was too, and she was also a member of his congregation at the time. That little detail is left out of the official bio. Also, they are not nice people, at least not to people who have had encounters with them.

Hagee also has a big pro-Israel event every year, in conjunction with the local Jewish community, but neglects to mention the fact that he's pro-Israel because in his theology, Israel has to be returned to its former glory just before the Second Coming when all the Jews will be converted to Christianity. Or something like that.

I really can't stand John Hagee.

Which is why I get so steamed when I hear Jewish people say, well, the Christian right supports Israel. Um, yeah, because according to them, you Jews all need to move back there and convert to Christianity. Those who don't will be destroyed. Then we'll all have a big "Welcome Back Jesus" party.

It's all about the Jewish people getting control of the Temple Mount. Because then everything else can happen (Jesus will return, set up his kingdom on earth, etc., etc.)

That's why they call them Liars for Jesus. Well in addition to plenty of other reasons.

I love that nickname. The Duggars are pretty fake but the worst one is Michelle. At least some of the kids have shown they can't happy all the time.

Archived