IGNORED

Ben & Katie are expecting

bionicmlle

Ben & Katie just announced via their blog that they are expecting -- katieandbenupdates.blogspot.com/2014/04/blessed.html

As a reminder -- Ben was an Army Ranger. Ben and Katie were in a car accident soon after they were married and he suffered a devastating brain injury. They have been through multiple moves in order to maximize his physical and neurologic rehabilitation. They live in Washington where they recently built a more accessible home. She has not posted as much over the last year or two but had been quite clear that she wanted to start a family and has been working really hard on getting VERY fit including training for half/full marathons.

Wishing them the best -- she seems very sweet. They have a lot of family support where they live, thank goodness.

Holy sh#t - at first I mixed up this couple with Ian & Larissa and thought they were expecting...

Are Ben & Katie fundie or fundie lite?

I thought that Duggar Ben had knocked up some girl named Katie and was super confused.

Interesting story, for sure. I wish them the best.

Holy sh#t - at first I mixed up this couple with Ian & Larissa and thought they were expecting...

Are Ben & Katie fundie or fundie lite?

Katie seems to come from a fundie lite background. She seems to have several siblings and she was homeschooled. I coming across another blogger who said she went on a mission trip with Katie. I'm not sure about Ben. Ben is originally from Georgia IIRC and they don't see his family too often.

I think Ben and Katie were first introduced to FJ via Lyndsie's first blog. Their blog was linked on hers. They have been discussed here. I've followed their blog for a couple of years. I give Katie a lot of credit with how she deals with things, but there are things that kind of bug me about her.

Katie seems to come from a fundie lite background. She seems to have several siblings and she was homeschooled. I coming across another blogger who said she went on a mission trip with Katie. I'm not sure about Ben. Ben is originally from Georgia IIRC and they don't see his family too often.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome. I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with their blog lately and it is difficult to navigate the postings from the early years of the blog. The car accident happened sometime in late 2009. I think Ben seems to be better shape than Ian from Pray for Ian.

• 4 months later...

Katie is due this week.

I keep mixing this couple up with Cale and Kathleen so I don't know if Ben has had the anger issues that Cale has had, but Katie does mention Ben's anger and frustration that he can't do what he used to, and in August she posted:

"ha, he's in for a surprise when i hand him this baby with a dirty diaper, when its screaming his head off or needs a bottle"

That makes me nervous frankly, maybe she's the one who is going to get an unpleasant surprise if Ben can't deal with the realities of childcare.

Archived