IGNORED

my, my... how fundie weddings have progressed....

love2scrap

bloggingbeth.blogspot.com/2014/04/matthew-betsy.html?m=1

Grady girl got married recently and pictures are out.

What a long way they have come from the frumpers.....

I personally love the outfits of the wedding party.

Reception looked good too.

What a lovely dress and wedding. I say a few pics not to my taste but ehhh.

A conservative Christian friend of mine had a very similar dress(slim silhouette w/ v neck, lace, open back) that she paired with a vintage-style blusher. I liked my friend's a lot, and I like this one, too. It's a more modest style that still looks beautiful and doesn't scream "fundie!" It also, I think, will stand the test of time well in photos. I cringe everytime I see a strapless sheer corset bodice that's encrusted in flowers and jewels. Just like the 80's poofball gowns, I can't help but think those brides will really regret their choice sooner than later.

Oh my, we have come a long way. I think we can thank Pinterest for that… and a lot of other "worldly" influences. It's a good thing but I kind of miss making fun of all the funky outfits and speeches. Maybe the next Botkin wedding will be another "conference."

A conservative Christian friend of mine had a very similar dress(slim silhouette w/ v neck, lace, open back) that she paired with a vintage-style blusher. I liked my friend's a lot, and I like this one, too. It's a more modest style that still looks beautiful and doesn't scream "fundie!" It also, I think, will stand the test of time well in photos. I cringe everytime I see a strapless sheer corset bodice that's encrusted in flowers and jewels. Just like the 80's poofball gowns, I can't help but think those brides will really regret their choice sooner than later.

I always think the same thing when women do something so trendy for their wedding dress. They will be laughing at those photos in a decade or so just like we laugh at the 80s puffy sleeve and puffy crown veil photos. Maybe they don't care though. It's up to them of course, but I'm always surprised how much people get caught up in trends for those things rather than picking things that are a bit more classic.

And that photographer lives really close to me. Weird.

Her dress is lovely.

Far too slutty for Christopher Maxwell to photog it though.

Lovely dress and lovely photos. I had a very similar type of dress at my weddung.

I don't think the bride is a super fundie

She has bare arms. How fundie are they? Beautiful wedding.

I think some will call them fundie-lite. Betsy studied nursing(?) before marrying Matthew. They've been engaged since 2012. The Gradys shut down their blog after posting about playing a game called "Nazis vs Jews". I don't remember all the details about the game, but FJ couldn't decide if they were antisemitic or using the game as a teaching tool.

• 3 months later...
What a lovely dress and wedding. I say a few pics not to my taste but ehhh.

Agreed; most of the pics are lovely. But all of them standing in that field...all I can think of is they're going to start their honeymoon with chiggers and ticks, auuuugh!!!!!! :lol:

Archived