IGNORED

ATI Conference coming up

3 ring circus

The first sentence of the booklet screams to me "let's forget about Gothard now...JESUS!" Interesting to see the Bates - "How to Beg for Money aka Count on Jesus when you're broke as shit"

I hope this gets out, and has some backlash! Jim Bob blabbered on about not trusting one man, but they still fully support him! With all the press about the engagement and courtship, and with it being sexual assault awareness week, they should get backlash!!

One of the speakers is a man named Anthony Burrus. I don't know anything about him but here is what his "blurb" says:

"Growing up, Anthony’s family was unexpectedly forced to live

in a multinational neighborhood. Instead of becoming hurt and bitter, he accepted it as a challenge ..."

WTF? Since when did a multinational neighbourhood become a problem? I live in a multinational neighbourhood. It is nice and certainly nothing to become hurt and bitter over.

One of the speakers is a man named Anthony Burrus. I don't know anything about him but here is what his "blurb" says:

"Growing up, Anthony’s family was unexpectedly forced to live

in a multinational neighborhood. Instead of becoming hurt and bitter, he accepted it as a challenge ..."

WTF? Since when did a multinational neighbourhood become a problem? I live in a multinational neighbourhood. It is nice and certainly nothing to become hurt and bitter over.

Holy fucking shit! I lived in a 'multinational neighborhood' when I was a kid. Okay, so it was for university students with families, but still.... For the most part we all just played like kids do, language barriers and all. Guess I didn't get the memo about accepting it as a challenge instead of being hurt and bitter... :wtf:

BTW, I 'met' someone in my professional life, who is going to Big Sandy next week. Almost thought she was normal until then....

Holy fucking shit! I lived in a 'multinational neighborhood' when I was a kid. Okay, so it was for university students with families, but still.... For the most part we all just played like kids do, language barriers and all. Guess I didn't get the memo about accepting it as a challenge instead of being hurt and bitter... :wtf:

BTW, I 'met' someone in my professional life, who is going to Big Sandy next week. Almost thought she was normal until then....

Oh but maybe she'll spill what goes on there.

This is what I found on Anthony Burrus. He's on the board of Directors.

Board of Directors | Institute in Basic Life Principles

iblp.org, 23 Mar 2014 [cached]

Anthony Burrus

Anthony Burrus has an amazing life history. When he was a young boy in Oklahoma the laws did not allow him to attend a white school, and his parents were too poor to buy his clothes and shoes so that he could attend a segregated school. His father was falsely accused and put into prison. When his mother moved the family to California, they were forced to live in a neighborhood in which most of the children spoke other languages, including Spanish, Italian, French, and Portuguese. Anthony learned these languages and shocked his college language teachers with his abilities. He graduated with honors in the National Foreign Language Honor Society. He has studied 32 languages.

Anthony attended his first Basic Seminar in the late 1960s. He went with our team to Russia and taught in the public schools of Moscow. Then he went with us to New Zealand and thrilled the Maori attendees by speaking to them in their own language (which he learned while traveling there on the plane). He and his wife, Lula, were a part of our ministry team to Mexico and also Peru. The spiritual insight and practical wisdom that Anthony has brought to the Board is extremely valuable. It is significant that the state that barred Anthony from the white public schools as a boy later recognized his achievements by designating him as an honorary Lieutenant Governor of the State of Oklahoma.

I hope this gets out, and has some backlash! Jim Bob blabbered on about not trusting one man, but they still fully support him! With all the press about the engagement and courtship, and with it being sexual assault awareness week, they should get backlash!!

Do these people not stop to rationalize: The LEADER of this entire operation was getting away with all this hideous crap, he would have had to have tons of staff covering his ass. Do the Duggars and Bates not realize that there could be other staff being abusive as well?

Man I wish I could go to the Sacramento one to witness all the crazy!

I'm tempted to go to one too. But I'm afraid they may lock me in a room until I'm one of them.

"Anthony Burrus has an amazing life history. When he was a young boy in Oklahoma the laws did not allow him to attend a white school, and his parents were too poor to buy his clothes and shoes so that he could attend a segregated school. His father was falsely accused and put into prison. When his mother moved the family to California, they were forced to live in a neighborhood in which most of the children spoke other languages..."

Oh, the trauma :roll: How the fundies delight in creating martyrdom out of situations that represent everyday, ordinary life for many people.

What is a multi-national neighbourhood? In Canada, that's everywhere haha!!

I don't think anyone I know lived in a neighbourhood that wasn't multi national. What an idiot

And I've tweeted out the ATI link saying how they are still supporting Gothard, it needs to get mainstream though!!

"forced to live in a multinational neighborhood."

Oh the horrors! I'm visiting a multinational neighborhood next month. I believe its called "Manhattan."

Hope I survive!

Oh, I visited one last year as well, called "London." I barely lived to tell the tale! : ) : )

Kelly Bates should conduct a workshop on how to get your kids married off.

Let me translate for you all

This is what I found on Anthony Burrus. He's on the board of Directors.

Board of Directors | Institute in Basic Life Principles

iblp.org, 23 Mar 2014 [cached]

Anthony Burrus

Anthony Burrus has an amazing life history. He's a special flower When he was a young boy in Oklahoma the laws did not allow him to attend a white school, and his parents were too poor to buy his clothes and shoes so that he could attend a segregated school.They didn't accept that they were poor and had to live with the darkies His father was falsely accused and put into prison. for the same thing them damn coloreds were doing When his mother moved the family to California, they were forced to live in a neighborhood in which most of the children spoke other languages, including Spanish, Italian, French, and Portugueseinstead of 'Merrican English like his good Christian family. Anthony learned these languages and shocked his college language teachers with his abilities. He graduated with honors in the National Foreign Language Honor Society. He has studied 32 languages but isn't fluent in any.

Anthony attended his first Basic Seminar in the late 1960s. He went with our team to Russia and taught in the public schools of Moscow. Then he went with us to New Zealand and thrilled the Maori attendees by speaking to them in their own language (which he learned while traveling there on the plane). He learned how to say Hello, how are you and Where is the bathroom?. He and his wife, Lula, were a part of our ministry team to Mexico and also Peru. The spiritual insight and practical wisdom that Anthony has brought to the Board is extremely valuable. It is significant that the state that barred Anthony from the white public schools as a boy later recognized his achievements by designating him as an honorary Lieutenant Governor of the State of Oklahoma.

If they had known he was special they would have overlooked his poverty and not left him with the poor Coloreds

Gil and Kelly's speech should be called "How to use your kids to grift so you won't have to get a steady job."

It is out I just hope someone in mainstream media notices!

Let me translate for you all

If they had known he was special they would have overlooked his poverty and not left him with the poor Coloreds

Context matters. My best guess from the cached IBLP page's photo and the obituary of his mother (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/contracostatimes/obituary.aspx?n=gustava-bennett-burrus&pid=85808449&fhid=2268) is that Anthony Burrus identifies as African American.

Re: the obituary, his mother sounds pretty amazing:

Gustava Bennett-Burrus dropped out of school in the 4th grade to help pick cotton on her family's Oklahoma sharecropping farm. She educated all of her children, all of whom have earned degrees, and then went back to school to receive her much sought-after High School Diploma from Richmond High School in June 2003 at the age of 97. Mrs. Burrus passed away in her Richmond, CA, home on Saturday, December 30, 2006, at the age of 101.

Holy shit! When fundies collide...Guess who's speaking at the Big Sandy (and Nashville and Sacto) conference(s)?

None other than David Gibbs, Jr., Esq. Defending ATI here, while his son (the 3rd) prosecutes the Tool there...

Topic? "Looking to Jesus in the Storms of Life." How apt.

We might want to go back and see which Gibbs defended which clients. Given Jr's association with Got-hard, I imagine he was associated with Schaap's church and Schaivo. I wonder if father and son speak these days???

:o :wtf: :penguin-no:

It is David Gibbs Jr. who defending First Baptist Church Hammond. He can be seen at the 2:10 mark here, speaking from the FBCH pulpit shortly after the revelations about Schaap became public.

It is also Gibbs Jr. who is associated with IBLP.

Gibbs Jr. was at one time also the president of ACE - who sold homeschool materials competing with VF's materials.

Here is Gibbs III in the same pulpit (first 5 seconds of video).

Gibbs III was the Schiavo attorney.

(My apologies for not separating the two Gibbs in my earlier posts).

Both of these guys ARE the Christian Law Association - a non-profit, in addition their personal law practices.

Archived