IGNORED

Trading Cards Fundies Will Never Buy for Their Daughters

GolightlyGrrl

How sad is it that I still think of Suzie Chaffee as Suzie Chapstick? :lol:

I'd like to have a set and teach my granddaughters about the significance of each of these women.

I agree Fundies would never get their daughters these cards. But I have to agree w/ someone above they r pretty cool cards.

Thanks for the link... I'd love these cards if they rereleased them. In fact, I'll be showing these to ny Girl Scouts, who have just been learning about powerful women as part of their "journey".

It was interesting to see who they picked for their individual project... Several kids picked Malala Yousafzai, a couple picked Alex Scott (Alex's lemonade stand), one picked Harriet Tubman and some picked their teachers, moms or other loved women. All had excellent reasons.

I remember Janet Guthrie! I was 8 years old when I saw her qualify. It was the first time I got to go to the track and I remember only two things: Janet Guthrie and how bloody loud it was. (I grew up in Indy!) I would love to have a set of those cards. (Okay, I would KILL to have a Janet Guthrie Card but would still love the whole set!)

There's always the manual cut-and-paste method. Right click and save them as pics, find the other sides of the cards with their respective biography info, Print both sides, put 'em together, and laminate. I sometimes do this with older/obscure cards. Clear contact shelf paper is a great (and cheap) way to laminate.

Google is awesome, and so is the University of Iowa's digital library. They seem to have the whole set for viewing (fronts and backs).

http://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/cdm/ref/co ... rs/id/4267

Or if you've got a spare $350 hanging around, there's a full set on eBay. I can think of a few people to add, though. Maybe a Series 2 set?

Thanks for the fabulous find. I love it.

And yes, we definitely need a Series 2. There are so many cool women we can call Super Sisters.

What women would my FJ-ers like to see profiled in Super Sisters 2: Electric Boogaloo?

One of my pics? Kathryn Bigelow-first women to win a best director Oscar.

Thanks for the fabulous find. I love it.

And yes, we definitely need a Series 2. There are so many cool women we can call Super Sisters.

What women would my FJ-ers like to see profiled in Super Sisters 2: Electric Boogaloo?

One of my pics? Kathryn Bigelow-first women to win a best director Oscar.

Sally Ride, whoever the first female Shuttle commander was (Linda Godwin? can't recall), and I'd be inclined to include Mildred Wirt Benson (one of the Carolyn Keene writers).

Archived