IGNORED

Video of ATI retreat to Peru.

tabitha2

If you wanna play spot the Duggars they and Pris Keller are in the back ground.

Not sure what they actually succeeded in doing.

iblp.org/iblp/news/2011/02/001/

Not sure what they actually succeeded in doing.

Very much like what most Peace Corps Volunteers do but without the booze and sex. (I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer so don't flame me.) The young adults on this trip OPENED their EYES and saw part of the world few Americans ever see. They became acquainted with REAL poverty and real hopelessness. I couldn't careless what ATI's goals are on these trips. I'm grateful for the opportunity it gives the young people to step almost out of their emotional prison cells and see something that just might plant seeds of doubt in their mind. Something that might lead them to rebel and lead a more meaningful life. What else did they accomplish? They gave HOPE to people who never thought a wealthy American would give a damn. That's a good thing. Religion, whatever you may think of it, does often give HOPE. And, if the locals participated they may have gotten a better meal or some new clothing or even a small amount of cash. So, I don't find these trips "useless." We have the luxury to thumb our noses at it--in other places it can be one better day and that can be huge.

Archived