IGNORED

Lab created Vaginaes & uteruses.

Chowder Head

If J'uterus gets a new uterus, I will cry. I have heard about womb transplants being carried out, and I pray everyday that Michelle does not find out this process. She needs to close the muffin shop. For good. If 19 kids is not enough for her, what is? She barely knows the ones she has, she needs to focus on them.

Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome is quite a mouthful. Try saying it.

While I feel for women who don't have vaginas, I'm really uncomfortable with medical technology sometimes. What brings this up is artificially making organs. I don't know, it's a good idea because of no rejection, but I'm still worried about what else doctors are trying to do. Engineering designer babies creeps me the fuck out, you know? Stuff like that worries me.

No Michelle, don't even think of it.

This is a great idea though, there are women who would really like a fully working vagina and uterus, and its wonderful that they will be able to get one.

No Michelle, don't even think of it.

This is a great idea though, there are women who would really like a fully working vagina and uterus, and its wonderful that they will be able to get one.

I agree-- I knew they had been making and using lab created bladders for several years. Imagine a time where if a person got liver or stomach cancer, they could remove the organ and replace it with one that was genetically matched but cancer free.

While it is not the same, locally a teen ager made an artificial hand for a local boy using the public library 3D printer and plans he found on the internet. The fingers grasp when the boy moves his wrist on something made at the library! The idea that eventually bones, muscles , etc might be able to be lab created on an organic tissue printer or frame someday is so interesting to me and I believe in the realm of possibility.

.kctv5.com/story/24717704/teen-uses-3-d-printer-to-make-hand-for-boy

If J'uterus gets a new uterus, I will cry. I have heard about womb transplants being carried out, and I pray everyday that Michelle does not find out this process. She needs to close the muffin shop. For good. If 19 kids is not enough for her, what is? She barely knows the ones she has, she needs to focus on them.

At her age it isn't her uterus that is holding her back, it's her eggs. She'd need an ovarian transplant or an egg donor to have a reasonable chance of conceiving. There have been several older women (50's, 60's) who've borne children as surrogates or with donor eggs. The uterus works fine even as it ages. These organs are for women who have rare genetic syndromes or have lost their organs to cancer or other diseases.

Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome is quite a mouthful. Try saying it.

While I feel for women who don't have vaginas, I'm really uncomfortable with medical technology sometimes. What brings this up is artificially making organs. I don't know, it's a good idea because of no rejection, but I'm still worried about what else doctors are trying to do. Engineering designer babies creeps me the fuck out, you know? Stuff like that worries me.

I agree that the idea of a designer baby is unsettling, but wouldn't it be wonderful if scientists could design or even tweak existing bone marrow cells so that they were always a perfect match for the recipient, with no fear of rejection during a bone marrow transplant?

The possibility of such a premise make me happier the more I think about it. :wink-penguin:

This could be a wonderful innovation for trans* people too. I think of a dear friend of mine who desperately wants to carry and give birth to a child, but because she was born in a masculine body, she never imagined she would be able to do it. This technology could make her dream come true, and those of countless others in the process of transition.

Now MRAs and fundie men don't need women. They can just have all of the parts they value in a woman grown for them.

I have a friend who froze some eggs before chemo and a hysterectomy. She was able to have a baby through a surrogate (her sister - what an amazing thing to do for someone!) It would be wonderful if technology like this could help people in her sort of situation.

Now MRAs and fundie men don't need women. They can just have all of the parts they value in a woman grown for them.

OMYGosh...wouldn't they value that? popping out babies,no worries about wiminfolk voting or running their mouth.heck w no legs,they ain't going nowhere! LOL

Nope. That wouldn't work. The menfolk still need arms and legs to keep the kids out of daddy's hair while he gets a footrub and dinner on his table. He can't cook, clean, and take care of the kids all by himself, can he? That's women's work. :roll:

Maybe a disembodied vagina and uterus, and still live in mommy's basement. Which is what most MRAs likely do anyway.

I agree that the idea of a designer baby is unsettling, but wouldn't it be wonderful if scientists could design or even tweak existing bone marrow cells so that they were always a perfect match for the recipient, with no fear of rejection during a bone marrow transplant?

The possibility of such a premise make me happier the more I think about it. :wink-penguin:

As someone in graduate school doing research in the field of Tissue Engineering, creating replacement organs is not technology that could be used to create designer babies. These technologies harvest stem cells from either bone marrow or even extra fatty tissue and then use it to create new tissue or organs to replace damaged or missing tissues or organs. Designer babies would require genetic manipulation that is not within the scope of Tissue Engineering.

Archived