IGNORED

The GOP: Still Hating the Ladies

GolightlyGrrl

I don't know why every man in the entire country isn't fighting for equal pay. If women made more money, divorced men wouldn't have to pay as much in alimony/child support (more money for them). If women made more money, married men would have some of the burden of financially supporting their family lifted off their shoulders in addition to having more money to spend on vacations/hobbies/entertainment/extras/etc. Bringing women's salaries up to the level of men's salaries not only helps women, it helps men also. Then again, when have conservatives ever done what is in their own best interest?

• 1 month later...
I don't know why every man in the entire country isn't fighting for equal pay. If women made more money, divorced men wouldn't have to pay as much in alimony/child support (more money for them). If women made more money, married men would have some of the burden of financially supporting their family lifted off their shoulders in addition to having more money to spend on vacations/hobbies/entertainment/extras/etc. Bringing women's salaries up to the level of men's salaries not only helps women, it helps men also. Then again, when have conservatives ever done what is in their own best interest?

I am not certain how to like a post so I will just write my applause for what you just said.

Perhaps this will sound too much like a conspiracy theory but I think that right wing republicans want to keep people poor so that they remain desperate for whatever pay their employers will offer.

Perhaps this will sound too much like a conspiracy theory but I think that right wing republicans want to keep people poor so that they remain desperate for whatever pay their employers will offer.

I fear you are onto something with that. Which makes it so tough for me to understand the poor people who are tea baggers. The ones I know are also fundamentalists so I guess they can't distinguish between religion and politics.

It's not a conspiracy, it's their agenda, and it's not just the right-wingers either.

Archived