IGNORED

Whitney Bates - Pregnancy Confirmed - Merge

SoSoNosy

There has been no further mention of Whitney Bates possibly being pregnang, since Erins' miscarriage was announced. Is the general concensus that Whit was, in fact, not pregnant? Or that she really is, but is having to keep it under wraps in order not to cause Erin more pain? Either way there has to be some sadness there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they are waiting for a few months. Time will tell. There is a rumor about Kelly shutting down their blog.

Maybe they are waiting for a few months. Time will tell. There is a rumor about Kelly shutting down their blog.

Kelly shutting down Zach and Whit's blog?

Kelly shutting down Zach and Whit's blog?

Oops sorry! I mean the Bates Family blog. I first heard about it on that Dedicated to Duggars site. Plus it has been circulating on other blogs.

I would be kind of bummed if Kelly did that. I was really looking forward to updates on Michael. I like her and hope she is happy in her life.

I'm kinda bummed about this, too. I actually genuinely enjoy some of their updates. Not the political-oriented ones, mind. But the ones about courtships, weddings, and other milestones.

But...as long as the Maxwells continue to post about dusting ceiling fans and having no fun, I will be okay. :lol:

New Bates blog post up! Whitney is indeed with child. Her and Erin were originally due to deliver one week apart. I really hope Erin is doing OK.

Poor old Erin, that's got to be horrible. Whitney also looks knackered in the blog pics - I'm guessing she's having a rough first trimester!

New Bates blog post up! Whitney is indeed with child. Her and Erin were originally due to deliver one week apart. I really hope Erin is doing OK.

Wow that must be incredibly hard for Erin and her husband.

Is it common to go so OTT for Valentine's Day in the US or is it a Bates/Fundie thing?

Is it common to go so OTT for Valentine's Day in the US or is it a Bates/Fundie thing?

it's possile that they did something because so many of their kids are in relationships and thought it was a nice way to spend time with everyone. kind of sweet, i wonder if the newlyweds and couples were a litle miffed in having to spend the day with family, and not alone, on a romantic outing, or not even going anywhere but the bedroom. oh, wait...

Poor Erin, she looks really sad and miserable. I hope she / they can heel over time.

Just a curious question: After my miscarriage I tried to spend as less time as possible with small kids and / or pregnant women. For me this "love-you-day" would have been a nightmare. Do you think Erin wanted to do this?

It's a Bates thing. Gil explained that as their kids get so many presents at Christmas from other people, they keep the family gift exchange for Valentines Day. (I love you day.) They always have a big party and do a secret Santa type gift exchange. Episode 1 of United Bates of America covers it in detail.

Poor Erin, she looks really sad and miserable. I hope she / they can heel over time.

Just a curious question: After my miscarriage I tried to spend as less time as possible with small kids and / or pregnant women. For me this "love-you-day" would have been a nightmare. Do you think Erin wanted to do this?

Valentines day was before Erin miscarried, or found out the foetus wasn't developing

Whit looks a little tired in the eyes, but very happy. My heart still breaks for Erin, though. All of this can't be easy for her. Nor for Whitney, if she feels she has to stay quiet about the baby and such.

Cute idea for Valentine's Day, though. I maintain the Bates look much happier and more engaged and free than any Duggar special I've ever seen.

AND THERE IS COURTSHIP TOUCHING. GASP.

Thanks Soosie for correcting about the Bates fan site. Thought they were talking about the actual blog. Glad for an update. Looks like things have been going well with all couples. Michael is VERY snuggly with Brandon. I'm very surprised because she is so shy and I thought she would be the last one who would want to show affection. It's good to see everyone is comfortable with this.

Jessa and Ben are taking pictures closer together and sitting closer. Saw a clip of them on TLC site. Very convinced Ben will be TOTALLY hen pecked. That means Jessa will be the boss and he will do whatever she wants. She is WAY too outspoken to be submissive.

I feel terribly sorry for both Erin & Chad & Zach & Whitney.

I guess Chad was taking the pictures for this post.

Do you think that Brandon & Michael will get engaged during John & Alyssa wedding in May?

I just saw that Kelly updated her blog and confirmed Whit is expecting. Apparently Erin and Whit's due dates were a week apart. I feel badly for Erin's loss and I feel for Whit too. She is probably overjoyed about the baby, yet most likely feels that she has to restrain her joy around Erin.

I just saw that Kelly updated her blog and confirmed Whit is expecting. Apparently Erin and Whit's due dates were a week apart. I feel badly for Erin's loss and I feel for Whit too. She is probably overjoyed about the baby, yet most likely feels that she has to restrain her joy around Erin.

I'm sure that she's genuinely heartbroken and grieving too for Erin. I know I'd be over the moon if my SIL and I were going to have babies that close together!

Yeah and she's also probably afraid it could happen to her as well. I know the feeling. Her pregnancy is still very early, but we all know it can happen at anytime during pregnancy. Hoping for her to have a healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations to them. The situation must be hard for both the couples.

Is she still going to college?

I thought she was done with school but still going to work at Sonic part time??

I've said this before but...I would take being born into or marrying into the Bates family over the Duggars any day. Yes, their ideals are practically identical but they at least seem to actually have real fun AND enjoy spending time together. Their smiles arent plastered on like the Duggars'. I also don't think Kelly relies nearly as much on the older girls for the child-rearing as J'Chelle. The Bates kids just look overall happier (and the younger ones better behaved) than the Duggar kids. They may not have all the materialistic luxuries but they also don't have to deal with the constant camera presence, boring travel to appearances, and lack of privacy so it's a trade-off that would be more than worth it to me.

I've said this before but...I would take being born into or marrying into the Bates family over the Duggars any day. Yes, their ideals are practically identical but they at least seem to actually have real fun AND enjoy spending time together. Their smiles arent plastered on like the Duggars'. I also don't think Kelly relies nearly as much on the older girls for the child-rearing as J'Chelle. The Bates kids just look overall happier (and the younger ones better behaved) than the Duggar kids. They may not have all the materialistic luxuries but they also don't have to deal with the constant camera presence, boring travel to appearances, and lack of privacy so it's a trade-off that would be more than worth it to me.

In all the Bates screen time that I've seen, I can't think of a single incident of a Bates child climbing on the kitchen table, or walking on the kitchen counter with dirty feet... The Duggar kids always seemed wild in comparison.

Archived