IGNORED

Donate to the Pearls Through Amazon

debrand

I found it on their website but I still don't understand why they qualify.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ministry-business/

It sounds as though child abuse is an extremely lucrative industry.

The gov't should not be supporting this in any way, including through tax breaks.

It sounds as though child abuse is an extremely lucrative industry.

The gov't should not be supporting this in any way, including through tax breaks.

Is there anyway to tighten up the regulations on nonprofits that wouldn't also hurt legitimate charities?

Petition at change.org:

change.org/petitions/amazon-com-stop-advocating-child-abuse

If enough people sign, it may receive some actual response from Amazon. They don't want negative publicity, or to lose customers.

I signed it

No Greater Joy is dedicated to the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this reason we filed the proper forms to have the privilege of operating as a 501 ©(3) non-profit organization under religion. This provides us with several advantages. Among them are: we do not pay federal or state income tax, we do not pay sales tax on our purchases, we often receive higher discounts, reduced rates on mailings and several other financial advantages.

To maintain this status we file the appropriate federal and state paperwork each year, and undergo an audit by an independent CPA firm. Several times a year we are asked why we are willing to be under federal and state authority. If we were a for profit business, we would have to complete the same amount of paperwork, but at the end of everything have at least $100,000 per year in taxes due that are now being used for ministry purposes. It is a great tradeoff.

So, they get $100,000 back from the government which would otherwise be used to fix the roads their trucks travel on, pay the air traffic controllers who allow the planes carrying their hate mail to other countries to fly without hitting each other, pay the officials who enforce trade agreements so they can sell their shit, and enforce the constitution that allows them to hold their vile beliefs and, yet, THEY are the persecuted ones. Man, I'd like to persecuted like the fundies!

This is very true my grandparents church run a not so secret for profit child care service. The IRS doesn't seem to care that it's filled completely inappropriately at all.

Nonprofits can run for profit entities as long as the profit is funneled back to the nonprofit. How do you know the paperwork is filled out incorrectly? Have you seen it? Who is receiving the profits? Is there a separate incorporation? There does not have to be, but sometimes there is.

I signed it

Thank you! If you have a Facebook, and wouldn't mind doing so, please share it.

I would also like to state that this is something I am doing as a member, not a mod.

Does anyone else find it horribly ironic and sick that the Amazon SMILE program is being used to fatten the wallets of known child abusers who have been implicated in at least three high profile deaths? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Nonprofits can run for profit entities as long as the profit is funneled back to the nonprofit. How do you know the paperwork is filled out incorrectly? Have you seen it? Who is receiving the profits? Is there a separate incorporation? There does not have to be, but sometimes there is.

My grandfather has seen it, they've tried to get him to be their accountant on more than one occasion. He saw their books and concluded because of how the money is being handled it should be run as a completely different business in it's entirety. He worked for Minneapolis as an accountant.

Petition at change.org:

change.org/petitions/amazon-com-stop-advocating-child-abuse

If enough people sign, it may receive some actual response from Amazon. They don't want negative publicity, or to lose customers.

Signed!

Is there anyway to tighten up the regulations on nonprofits that wouldn't also hurt legitimate charities?

Exempt from taxes ONLY the money that is used to provide charitable services that do not include preaching. If a church spends $100,000 on bedding and food for the homeless, exempt that. If a church spends $100,000 badgering people to convert, tax it.

It was a joke because the Pearls are so vile but now I wonder if ink could be dangerous to a cat. It would be emotionally rewarding to shred the book and use it as kitty litter.

It would give me extreme pleasure to know that Eli is pissing and shitting on shreds of the Pearl's torture manuals.

Nah, think I'll pass thanks.

Whoops, I meant I'll pass on donating to the Pearls, not on signing the petition! I've signed as well.

Archived