IGNORED

Donate to the Pearls Through Amazon

debrand

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/62-1855964

Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to No Greater Joy Ministries Inc whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.

AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.

Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.

I didn't break the link because it is Amazon

Nooooooo that's awful. Why would anyone want to give money to these horrible people. Also it is not a charity organisation, is it? If it is, it shouldn't be. It is the opposite of one, it supports child abuse! Why is this even allowed?

I would rather let an angry squirrel sit on my head than donate even a penny to the Pearls.

Do they realize they're giving money to child abusers?

most people seeing the name would not associate it with what they do. and yes they are non profit though I can't imagine where all their non profit money goes.

I know that No Greater Joy is nonprofit but how do they qualify for that status? Is it only because they are a religious organization?

I know that No Greater Joy is nonprofit but how do they qualify for that status? Is it only because they are a religious organization?

idk I could see them qualifying for not-for-profit(their service in teaching people how to beat their children) status but not nonprofit.

idk I could see them qualifying for not-for-profit(their service in teaching people how to beat their children) status but not nonprofit.

I found it on their website but I still don't understand why they qualify.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ministry-business/

No Greater Joy is dedicated to the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this reason we filed the proper forms to have the privilege of operating as a 501 ©(3) non-profit organization under religion. This provides us with several advantages. Among them are: we do not pay federal or state income tax, we do not pay sales tax on our purchases, we often receive higher discounts, reduced rates on mailings and several other financial advantages.

To maintain this status we file the appropriate federal and state paperwork each year, and undergo an audit by an independent CPA firm. Several times a year we are asked why we are willing to be under federal and state authority. If we were a for profit business, we would have to complete the same amount of paperwork, but at the end of everything have at least $100,000 per year in taxes due that are now being used for ministry purposes. It is a great tradeoff.

It is easy to claim they are providing services. I mean look at the mega churches and the scamming going on. The IRS seldom really looks at religious tax exempt. Just look at all the churches that challenged the irs to bust them for preaching politics.

It is easy to claim they are providing services. I mean look at the mega churches and the scamming going on. The IRS seldom really looks at religious tax exempt. Just look at all the churches that challenged the irs to bust them for preaching politics.

This is very true my grandparents church run a not so secret for profit child care service. The IRS doesn't seem to care that it's filled completely inappropriately at all.

NGJ is indeed a nonprofit, registered with the IRS as a 501©(3): http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... =621855964

they are not non profit in real life they don't provide charity or do any charitable work. They don't help the poor or the needy or provide services to them. but then again companies keep 80% of the money bought in and still claim non profit.

I would like to know if the powers that be at Amazon have any fucking clue what the Pearls are truly about. Perhaps they need to be educated. :geek:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/amazon

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Amazon

To contact customer service on the Amazon.com site: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact- ... kip=true#a

There are options to email, call , or chat with a customer service rep.

Okay - NOW I am pissed. :angry-steamingears:

This is the conversation I just had via chat with an Amazon rep -

Me:I am extremely disturbed by the fact that your company is donating so much as one cent to No Greater Joy Ministries. Michael and Debi Pearl advocate child abuse - does your company support this?

Kamal:Hello, my name is Kamal. I'll be glad to help you today.

Me:Hello, Kamal.

Kamal:Hello, XXXX

How may I assist you?

Me:I would like to know why Amazon is donating money to an organization that encourages child abuse.

Kamal:I am sorry for this , I will transfer this to our concern team and they will take care of this.

Me:Thank you.

Kamal:You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:Nothing more than my question, thank you.

Kamal:Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated. It is because of customer comments like yours that we strive to be the very best. Without such customers as you, we could not continue to provide the service and selection you've come to expect from our store.

Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful time!!

Me:Am I being transferred to another representative?

Kamal:No.

Me:How do I contact the "concern team"?

Kamal from Amazon.com has left the conversation.

I am going to put this out everywhere I can - I am hoping it will go viral - I'd LOVE to see this BS end!!

OMFG WTH!!!! It's time for the Pearls to bite the dust just like Doug Phillips is Tool and Bill Gothard. We need to reach out to those who are/were survivors of their parents following the Pearls child training books.

Side note, a Facebook friend of mine bought a copy not knowing that it was a child abuse manual. She was so angry and upset at the content. However, she is against book burnings. So, she put the pages through the shredder and dumped the pieces in her cat's litter box. At least it was good for something....LOL!

OMFG WTH!!!! It's time for the Pearls to bite the dust just like Doug Phillips is Tool and Bill Gothard. We need to reach out to those who are/were survivors of their parents following the Pearls child training books.

Side note, a Facebook friend of mine bought a copy not knowing that it was a child abuse manual. She was so angry and upset at the content. However, she is against book burnings. So, she put the pages through the shredder and dumped the pieces in her cat's litter box. At least it was good for something....LOL!

it could poison the cat very unsafe.

they are not non profit in real life they don't provide charity or do any charitable work. They don't help the poor or the needy or provide services to them. but then again companies keep 80% of the money bought in and still claim non profit.

The Pearls are loathsome & it's beyond time for their abuse business to be taken down. Nonetheless, NGJ meets the IRS criteria for being a non-profit. Their "charitable" works that apparently pass IRS muster include harassing people in SE Asia & elsewhere about Jesus, translating religious tracts into obscure languages to better harass speakers of those languages about Jesus, and supporting some missionaries.

Well that figures. Not even good for cat litter. :roll:

Umm....is that a joke I'm not getting? I remember when my Eli was neutered, the vet recommend shredded newspaper instead of cat litter for a few days. Not snarking, just asking.

ETA: I have never owned anything written/published by the Pearls. Perhaps it could be used to play office paper toss, or toilet paper?

Umm....is that a joke I'm not getting? I remember when my Eli was neutered, the vet recommend shredded newspaper instead of cat litter for a few days. Not snarking, just asking.

ETA: I have never owned anything written/published by the Pearls. Perhaps it could be used to play office paper toss, or toilet paper?

I think they were joking about the poisonous content of the book somehow seeping into the car...

It was a joke because the Pearls are so vile but now I wonder if ink could be dangerous to a cat. It would be emotionally rewarding to shred the book and use it as kitty litter.

Petition at change.org:

change.org/petitions/amazon-com-stop-advocating-child-abuse

If enough people sign, it may receive some actual response from Amazon. They don't want negative publicity, or to lose customers.

Archived