IGNORED

Mark Driscoll facing mutiny?

artdecades

Another asshole bites the dust?

This article goes into stuff that has been discussed here, but I think some of the content is new. Sorry if its not, I tried to search

alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/christian-right-mega-church-minister-faces-mega-mutiny-abusive-behavior?page=0%2C0

The article is quite long, but it discusses the book buying and confidentiality agreement scandals. What is new to me is the discussion of two blogs made by former clergy in the Mars Hill church which were made to expose Driscoll, and point to internal turmoil for years.

repentantpastor.com/

sinrepentancegraceforgiveness.blogspot.com/

Here's to hoping that Driscoll follows Gothard and Doug Phillips to tool in going down :dance:

Because that article was posted on April 1 I l'd reserve judgment on whether it's legit.

Here's to hoping it's real.

I would love nothing more than to see Mark Driscoll publicly humiliated and sacked from his position of authority. He's a terrible, terrible person.

From the Salon article:

Members who decide to leave are pushed to debrief with leaders, knowing full well that disagreements may be framed as rebellion against not only Driscoll but against God. Simultaneously, they are expected to abstain from talking with other members about the issues that have become deal-breakers. Membership materials frame audible dissent as divisiveness, creating a more subtle, psychological version of Firstenberg’s gag order. Those who leave often simply disappear.

This sounds similar to the way that BCA treated dissent among their ranks.

Here are some more articles from last week

christianpost.com/news/charges-against-mark-driscoll-and-mars-hill-church-executive-elders-non-disqualifying-says-advisory-board-116924/

blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2014/03/25/ex-worship-leader-use-noses-and-nickels-to-change-mars-hill-church/

patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2014/03/27/leadership-board-at-mars-hill-church/

no new info, but they shine some more light on what happened

• 2 months later...

Archived