IGNORED

Sorry, Scotland

debrand

Apparently, missionaries from a US based church are working in a Scottish school

freethinker.co.uk/2013/09/07/church-of-christ-missionaries-who-regard-scotland-as-a-place-of-darkness-targets-primaryschool/

Have any of our Scottish members heard of this group?

Many parents at at Kirktonholme Primary in East Kilbride only realised their children were being exposed to the evangelical group’s tactics when kids brought home alarming books they had been handed at assembly.

The creationist books denounce the theory of evolution and warn pupils that, without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world.

Parents have called for emergency talks with education chiefs to demand the sect’s removal from the school.

One angry dad, Paul Sanderson, 33, told how his five-year-old son burst into tears when he took the books away. He said:

I think it’s fair to call it brainwashing because when I took them from him he started crying. When I asked why he was crying, he said the man who gave them to him told him they were really, really important.

There are sinister undertones the church’s to their eight-year involvement at the school.

The Church of Christ have targeted Kirktonholme as a “mission†and have several members helping with classes and giving lessons in religion.

Church members like Blakeman – photographed as a scary Pirates of the Caribbean character – were allowed in to work as classroom assistants and help with homework and in other mainstream roles.

Parents were also furious to learn that cash raised by children which they thought was intended for school funds had been given to the sect to build a church nearby.

One of the church members, Evelyn Galvan Graciano, 22, from Mexico, describes Scotland as:

A place full of darkness and emptiness that is in a big need of Jesus.

And she has told pals she uses classes to get into the heads of Kirktonholme pupils. She said:

They all are very receptive and willing to listen and learn. Hopefully at least we can let the kids know who Jesus is. Maybe someday that seed we’ve planted can be grown by God.

The Church of Christ, based in the US Deep South, believe the Bible predicts the future and is 100 per cent accurate. They have called Scotland:

A Field Ripe for Harvest.

Church leaders told their US flock in a video blog about their “work†at the school, and claimed that, out of a population of 5.1 million, Scotland has only 700 practising Christians.

At an assembly at Kirktonholme on Monday, the sect handed each pupil two books, one called Exposing the Myth of Evolution and another titled How Do You Know God is Real?

That was last year and swiftly dealt with ^^

The story made me curious as to who else is reaching you godless Scottish heathens. :lol:

bibletruthbaptistchurch.org/ministries/missions-outreach/the-hodnett-family-missionaries-to-scotland/

Scotland has a population of just over 5 Million with only 4 percent attending any kind of church. That means there are 4.8 million Scottish people who know NOTHING about Jesus.

gfamissions.org/index.php?option=com_wwmissionarymanager&act=viewregion&regionid=23

Scotland, once home to great preachers, is now a needy country spiritually. Missionaries are needed for all avenues of evangelism and Christian service, especially church planting. The work is slow, and missionaries must be patient and willing to take time to build friendships with this spiritually apathetic people. Reaching ladies and children is easier than reaching men. Single ladies could find many opportunities to work with various ministries among children and ladies.

I'm still searching the web for more missionaries to Scotland.

Oh LOLs. Most Scots have heard of Jesus.

I will say, a missionary should have a rather thick skin if they expect to evangelize in the greater Glasgow area LOL.

As someone who has one Scottish grandparent and has lived in Edinburgh: Scotland knows all about Jesus and has had sectarian violence in the past and in some ways still knows the "strict frugal minister" cliché, but it was never like current American fundamentalism, that's just not the culture and wouldn't work. And regardless of how many go to church I don't think 4.8 mill people are "spiritually apathetic", quite the opposite, just not regular church goers like most of the UK.

BTW both the Church of Scotland and the Church of England are state churches- literally in government and whilst they still do have considerable influence in government, the numbers that pay attention to them are indeed fairly tiny. Shouldn't that be a warning about current dominionism? If it came about in America it would end up being derided (eventually) or ignored as "big government" by those who put it there.

65% of Scottish people identify as Christian. I guess since it's not their kind of Christianity, it doesn't count.

I will say, a missionary should have a rather thick skin if they expect to evangelize in the greater Glasgow area LOL.

LOL YEP!

In Glasgow they'll wonder why the missionaries don't have a football team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been trying to get people to finance my "mission trip" to Scotland forever.

I've been trying to get people to finance my "mission trip" to Scotland forever.

Father God Christ Jesus. No. :P

Scot here; we've heard of Jesus, and we have an alarming number of churches here (even the ones that haven't been turned into pubs). Plus church and prayers are permitted in school; I began every school day in primary school with the Lord's Prayer. Pretending to be more Catholic than you are is a well known sneaky way of getting your kids into a better school.

I suppose it's wrong to hope that they land in one of the more Catholic bits of Glasgow.

Scot here; we've heard of Jesus, and we have an alarming number of churches here (even the ones that haven't been turned into pubs). Plus church and prayers are permitted in school; I began every school day in primary school with the Lord's Prayer. Pretending to be more Catholic than you are is a well known sneaky way of getting your kids into a better school.

I suppose it's wrong to hope that they land in one of the more Catholic bits of Glasgow.

I know someone (American) whose daughter is a Catholic missionary in Motherwell. Because that area just isn't all that Catholic *eyeroll*

Hey, didn't I promise to pray for your mission to the heathen Scots?

... but only after you proved that you were serious by grifting a magic accordion. :mrgreen:

I will be making a missionary trip to the "place full of darkness and emptiness" this summer. I will bring the light of FJ to the heathen masses. My plan is to evangelize in the pubs and convert my old aunties to the Way of Truth [tm][/tm]. All donations gracefully accepted.

Hey, didn't I promise to pray for your mission to the heathen Scots?

... but only after you proved that you were serious by grifting a magic accordion. :mrgreen:

I'm having a little trouble with accordion grifting. People keep asking questions like:

"Do you play the accordion?"

"Does anyone in your family play the accordion?"

"Do you play any instrument at all?"

"Do you have any musical talent?"

"Have you considered starting with the piano?"

I'm never going to make it to the heathen Scots. :(

There seem to be so many FJers living in Scotland, that I've often been tempted to set up some kind of meet, in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Preferably in a pub which used to be a church :D Having some foreign missionaries along would be great-- it would save us money on dinner.

I'm having a little trouble with accordion grifting. People keep asking questions like:

Details. Details

Come! See above? I'm trying to learn Missionary US Christianese!

I learnt it from Alexander Ken. :lol:

You are obviously not asking the right people and taking this challenge seriously enough. :naughty:

Whilst an accordian is a vital piece of equipment for any missionary on Deputation, musical talent is not required.

Futhermore, you need to convince them that the LORD wants them to just give you the damn accordian even though you don't know how to fly play it. God will provide a retired missionary to teach you to squeeze out a hymn or two for nothing.

You can stay with another church family while you learn to play it. They will pay you to leave after you practice Amazing Grace a few times. :violin: (we need an accordion smilie!)

That money goes into the Scotland kitty. Then pack up the pop-up and move on to the next family and grift from them for a bit. :wink-penguin:

There seem to be so many FJers living in Scotland, that I've often been tempted to set up some kind of meet, in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Preferably in a pub which used to be a church :D Having some foreign missionaries along would be great-- it would save us money on dinner.

I'd be up for it! Òran Mór is the first place that springs to mind.

And yeah. People here have heard of Jesus, don't you worry about that, missionaries.

Details. Details

Come! See above? I'm trying to learn Missionary US Christianese!

I learnt it from Alexander Ken. :lol:

Forgive my ignorance, who is Alexander Ken?

For US Missionary Christianese pop over to the John Shrader threads. A lot of his missionary-speak is immortalized there, although he recently wiped most of the evidence of his truly spectacular grifting techniques from his Facebook. :twisted:

I need to go sit at the feet of John and learn how to grift.

Forgive my ignorance, who is Alexander Ken?

For US Missionary Christianese pop over to the John Shrader threads. A lot of his missionary-speak is immortalized there, although he recently wiped most of the evidence of his truly spectacular grifting techniques from his Facebook. :twisted:

Ken Alexander. As of Lori Alexander who is never bloody learning unfortunately.

When he writes big walls of biblical nonsense he always says 'Christ Jesus' instead of Jesus Christ. Father God ...what does that even mean?

Anyway Gotharditeformer is welcome in Scotland. She has a totally Scottish sense of humour at times :lol:

Ken Alexander. As of Lori Alexander who is never bloody learning unfortunately.

When he writes big walls of biblical nonsense he always says 'Christ Jesus' instead of Jesus Christ. Father God ...what does that even mean?

Anyway Gotharditeformer is welcome in Scotland. She has a totally Scottish sense of humour at times :lol:

Oh, God! That Ken! I've been avoiding the Ken and Lori threads because those two raise my blood pressure too much.

Oh, God! That Ken! I've been avoiding the Ken and Lori threads because those two raise my blood pressure too much.

NOOOOOO! You missed his visit? His best pal is here now. It's better than TV. Well not as good as Game of Thrones but about as bad as TLC :lol:

Their visits definitely are better than TLC. Ken doesn't understand how language works. Cabinetman thinks the government is out to get him. Lori threatens to sue Goggle. Loads of fun.

Oh LOLs. Most Scots have heard of Jesus.

And a babelfish.

Archived