IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I am happy for Jill. This guy seems normal and I think they will probably have a very happy and normal life. Sadly can't say the same thing about Ben. He seems worse than Smuggar.

Also does anyone else feel bad for Jana? I think she'll end up being the old maid now :( I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell.

I disagree about the Ben part, (mainly cause nobody's worse than Smuggar) but I do think Jana will end up being the spinster. She's seven years older than J'chelle was when she married DimBulb and she doesn't seem at all excited like the rest are when they talk about guys. Even reserved Jessa has some enthusiasm in her eyes when she talks about the future, but poor Jana never seems to imagine that far. She probably can see herself hanging out until Josie's well past Joy Anna's age.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I predict a "say yes to the dress" crossover episode--what say you all?

Isn't the show ending soon?

Either way, I hope she goes with a dress that is purpose-built to be modest, rather than taking a regular dress and adding a satiny T-shirt like Michelle did.

All the talk about hand sex on this thread has caused the page to generate a sex toy ad for me.

I predict a "say yes to the dress" crossover episode--what say you all?

Oh please Lord, let Jill get a dress that's modest but more fashionable than that rag Michelle picked up for her vow renewal! :shock:

The ring is not my personal taste - I've never been a fan of solitaires - but its very pretty, and obviously a NICE stone. And if she's happy, that's all that matters.

I like to think, during all their planning time, they've discussed what she wants/likes. Don't most men?

Any word on how he asked? Hoping it wasn't in a closet with Boob standing over them....

Some of my more fundie friends had their gentlemen TELL them what kind of ring they were getting. In one case, it was everything she didn't want in a ring, but she went along with it out of love.

Also, some fundie women feel that it is controlling or not-submissive enough to express to the man what to get them.

It's not a huge jump from general Patriarchy, man-is-boss gender role mindset to man knows everything and knows what ring will be best.

Yup, I thought it was absurd that JB wouldn't even let them hold hands to pray, but allowed them a side-hug? Seems to me there's more physical contact in even a side hug. Their courtship rules just make no sense to me, but I guess that's not surprising, considering I'm "worldly".

Josh and Anna engaged in lots of hand sex once they were engaged. That may be part of the reason the parents wont let them hold hands.

Jill seems happy and Derrik seems like a good guy, so I'm happy for them :). Hope they get all they want out of life with each other, they really seem to be a good match. Congrats to the pickled ones!

RE: Bessa....I think she really does like him. We're just watching the beginning stages of their courtship right now....in all the recent pics of them she seems happy and cozy with Ben. I wouldn't right them off just yet. But I do hope that they do wait a bit for Ben to be in a better place financially, they're both fairly young, waiting a year won't kill them.

I disagree about the Ben part, (mainly cause nobody's worse than Smuggar) but I do think Jana will end up being the spinster. She's seven years older than J'chelle was when she married DimBulb and she doesn't seem at all excited like the rest are when they talk about guys. Even reserved Jessa has some enthusiasm in her eyes when she talks about the future, but poor Jana never seems to imagine that far. She probably can see herself hanging out until Josie's well past Joy Anna's age.

Okay good point. Not worse than Smuggar but on the same level to me.

And yes, Jana will for sure be Josie's caretaker for a long time. I also predict that John David will never leave the nest.

- Edited to delete content. Speculation on the sexual orientation of minors is against the rules.

I remember Anna's ring being somewhat unusual. I remember thinking it was not my taste at all. (I prefer solitaires and simple three-stone rings)

I give him credit for how he proposed-very romantic and sweet. And the ring is amazing! Simple yet elegant.

I didn't see anything about how he pulled it off, just that it happened on March 29. Which article was this?

I'm thinking Jill played the system to her advantage -- and more power to her! Since she's always been "the perfect child" and one of the most vocal Kool-aid drinkers, it seems like she was given more leeway and trust. Soon, she'll probably be a world away from TTH with a more mainstream Christian husband who was educated at a real, secular college -- not stuck on one of Boob's classy rental properties half a mile down the road, while Derrick works at the Car Lot. Go Jill!

Haha it's kind of funny to think what if she's been putting on an act with being the perfect child and has been planning her escape by never slipping up? She's definitely smart enough to have orchestrated it all in her mind from a pretty young age.

Jill seems happy and Derrik seems like a good guy, so I'm happy for them :). Hope they get all they want out of life with each other, they really seem to be a good match. Congrats to the pickled ones!

RE: Bessa....I think she really does like him. We're just watching the beginning stages of their courtship right now....in all the recent pics of them she seems happy and cozy with Ben. I wouldn't right them off just yet. But I do hope that they do wait a bit for Ben to be in a better place financially, they're both fairly young, waiting a year won't kill them.

I agree, Ben is young and it would do them a lot of good to wait for awhile. I wouldn't even be opposed to them getting engaged as long as they hold off marriage for a bit. I really do think Jessa likes him. I guess I'm one of the few who sees her light up when she talks about him and the way she smiles with her eyes. Even when her family describe her they say she's not very emotional. Ben actual brings out more emotion in her than I've seen from her since the show started and I'm rooting for them.

Time to remind people that we do have some rules at free jinger.

*Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children. These kids have no say in their lives being put out for public consumption and their lives are hard enough without their homophobic parents getting the idea from us that one of their children may be gay. Users who are unable to abide by this rule after warnings have been issued will be placed on a Journey to the Heart to consider their actions.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15380

I agree, Ben is young and it would do them a lot of good to wait for awhile. I wouldn't even be opposed to them getting engaged as long as they hold off marriage for a bit. I really do think Jessa likes him. I guess I'm one of the few who sees her light up when she talks about him and the way she smiles with her eyes. Even when her family describe her they say she's not very emotional. Ben actual brings out more emotion in her than I've seen from her since the show started and I'm rooting for them.

I have to defend Jessa (in this regard, anyway) because I wasn't a 'touchy-feely' person in my younger days, either. It took me getting comfortable with someone (a chance that Jessa really doesn't have until she's married, for goodness sake...) to be a cuddly, kissy person with a significant other. If her natural proclivity is towards not being very 'hands-on', plus the religious indoctrination she received growing up that any affection before marriage is the ebil, I can understand why she's not very emotionally open with the whole thing. Now, add in the embarrassment from the cameras and the glare of the media and public and...dang. It's no wonder.

Oh please Lord, let Jill get a dress that's modest but more fashionable than that rag Michelle picked up for her vow renewal! :shock:

I bet Boob will insist one of the girls wear that dress to save money.

Isn't the show ending soon?

Either way, I hope she goes with a dress that is purpose-built to be modest, rather than taking a regular dress and adding a satiny T-shirt like Michelle did.

SYTTD is ending????????????? NOooooooooooo! Where did you hear that? If it's true I'm going to be very sad :(

I bet Boob will insist one of the girls wear that dress to save money.

I actually don't think so. I think one of TLC's eleventy bazillion wedding dress shows will step in with a new one for her. It's the same cost if it's free!

I didn't see anything about how he pulled it off, just that it happened on March 29. Which article was this?

It's the people.com article that talks about it, iirc. I'll try to find it. Apparently they were at a park, with Jana and joy as chaperons. She knew something was up when joy and Jana started walking slower. There was a stranger on a bench who got up and started singing a love song to them, followed by musicians and then he proposed. It's a 0.634 k ring. I give the guy credit.

It's the people.com article that talks about it, iirc. I'll try to find it. Apparently they were at a park, with Jana and joy as chaperons. She knew something was up when joy and Jana started walking slower. There was a stranger on a bench who got up and started singing a love song to them, followed by musicians and then he proposed. It's a 0.634 k ring. I give the guy credit.

This sounds like that scene in Enchanted where everyone in the park just bursts into a random musical number.

Jill is now on social media. Pretty sure this is her real twitter account, since duggarfam and Josh's twitter account followed her. @jillmdillard

Jill is now on social media. Pretty sure this is her real twitter account, since duggarfam and Josh's twitter account followed her. @jillmdillard

Dang, she already changed her last name? Lol, someone's excited... Whitney Bates did the same thing on Pinterest, and I don't think they were even engaged yet!

Dang, she already changed her last name? Lol, someone's excited... Whitney Bates did the same thing on Pinterest, and I don't think they were even engaged yet!

I just saw that on Josh's twitter, whoa she's fast!

Never being around or knowing any fundies I have to ask....isa modesty pillow actually a 'thing'? :embarrassed:

I dont think it's actually a thing that is referred to, like don't forget the modesty pillow! I think it's more organic than that. I pretty much exclusively live in skirts and i often sit withpillow on my lap to avoid flashing people and I'll put a pillow on my lap if sitting next to my bf so we have a place to rest our hands.

I'm so excited for them both. They both seem to be genuine in their feelings and engagement. Jill's always been my favorite of the older kids, and it has nothing to do with having the same name. I always hopped she would be happy no matter where she ended up.

I adore this couple and I'm very happy for them, but Jill Dillard is a very unfortunate name.

Archived