IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I don't know. It IS possible Jessa is squigged out by her parents horn-dog behavior and wants to keep her distance until she is SURE? Nothing wrong with that imho. She has no other way to get to know a guy than to agree to courtship. I think, too, she wants OUT. That's how you do it without losing your family (no matter how nuts I imagine she DOES love her parents and siblings--not everyone is made to just walk away). I imagine she will marry him though and they will live in one of the 'rent houses'--probably J/A's old house since it is set up for filming. How easy is it to court, not only with the folks right there, but with a tv camera in your face.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill and Derrick look in love and good for them.

Jessa may really like Ben but isn't into showing it on

tv. It wouldn't surprise me if Ben became Gothard. I also think Jessa maybe terrified at the idea of having

alot of kids like her mom. She already knows the hard work of raising children. So she could be taking it slow with Ben. I don't think her or Ben are ready for marriage now. But Jill and Derrick seem more mature and ready.

the whole family and any of their guests have always held hands while praying or saying grace. millions of people do that. jimboob makes one of the little girls stand between jessa and ben so they wouldn't be able to hold hands for the prayer. how ridiculous

I think it is really bad how they try to make every behavior and everything a person says a part of their personality. Jessa doesn't seem to show genuine affection to Ben, so they say "well, this is just her, she never shows much affection at all". How dangerous is it to say something like that. Jessa grow up in that cult. she probably doesn't know what real physical attraction or love to a man feels like. Would she be able to even recognize a true attraction with all the negative "education" and manipulation she grew up with. It is very possible that she has never felt physical attraction or love because it is "bad" and that she thinks she is in love with ben because everyone is telling her and when she doesn't behave like someone who is in love then it gets explained away with "this is just her personality". I feel for Jessa...

Looks like a pretty solitaire. Need better ring shot!

Here you go! From the Duggar family blog site

jill

It's... exactly the kind of ring I would expect a Duggar 'girl' to receive.

the whole family and any of their guests have always held hands while praying or saying grace. millions of people do that. jimboob makes one of the little girls stand between jessa and ben so they wouldn't be able to hold hands for the prayer. how ridiculous

Yup, I thought it was absurd that JB wouldn't even let them hold hands to pray, but allowed them a side-hug? Seems to me there's more physical contact in even a side hug. Their courtship rules just make no sense to me, but I guess that's not surprising, considering I'm "worldly".

Here you go! From the Duggar family blog site

jill

It's... exactly the kind of ring I would expect a Duggar 'girl' to receive.

Is there's something wrong with it? I think it's simple and beautiful. It's exactly the kind of ring I would want to receive!

Please note the modesty pillow, so his hand does not come into contact with her (ahem!) leg. :o

Also, outside of arm - to - outside of arm contact only, so no accidental side boob contact. Looks safe so far.

They do look very sweet and happy together.

Ah, good call on the modesty pillow! I didn't even notice that. God forbid their hands touch each other's legs. It might lead to dancing or something.

Other than this is the first guy she's been involved with, it isn't THAT crazy, really.

I was engaged to my DH 2 months after we met and we married 8 months after that. It can work! Course I was 29 when we married and had been in long -term relationships before, DH too. So, there is that....

I knew my husband for about almost a year before we started dating, but once we started dating, it went pretty fast. We dated 5 weeks before getting engaged. We got married last May (3 months after getting engaged) and just had a baby 3 1/2 weeks ago. :)

I'm quite happy for Jill. They seem to have a lot in common, unlike Josh and Anna. When J&A got engaged ALL they talked about was the fact that they weren't kissing or having sex until marriage. Heck, they were still talking about it 3 years later!

Jessa looks like she couldn't care less about Ben, like she's courting him just to be nice.

I wonder if poor Joy is shittin' a brick cause she'll have to take over Jills "duties"?!?

Maybe so! But I've wondered if the jurisdictions have been in upheaval since Jill (and I guess Jana as well) has been working?

I wonder if poor Joy is shittin' a brick cause she'll have to take over Jills "duties"?!?

I think Jill might have lighter duties than others (like Jinger or Jana) because of the whole midwife training thing. We've seen her be frequently away or asleep during the day due to a long night, so whatever chores she has must be a little more flexible and can be skipped from time to time. Certainly nothing like extensive childcare or meal prep that would be an issue when she has to switch up her schedule suddenly.

I give him credit for how he proposed-very romantic and sweet. And the ring is amazing! Simple yet elegant.

I don't mind Jill's interrupting and verbal assertiveness... It shows her spirit is not entirely crushed, and she is not a totally meek fundie type... I've had my eye on her for a while to be the one to slowly slip away into more mainstream Christianity, so I am seeing this marriage to Derick as a Good Thing For Jill.

I agree. It is much better IMO than that adoring-gaze thing that e.g. Michelle, Anna and Priscilla do.

I like the ring, but it's like most fundie things....all the same style. It looks like Anna's, Pris's, Erin's, Whit's...I don't remember Alyssa's.

That's great, if you're into that style, but I have to imagine that with so many women, at least ONE of them must have different taste?

I get the feeling that they get the ring the man chooses, not the one the woman may want.

The ring is not my personal taste - I've never been a fan of solitaires - but its very pretty, and obviously a NICE stone. And if she's happy, that's all that matters.

I like to think, during all their planning time, they've discussed what she wants/likes. Don't most men?

Any word on how he asked? Hoping it wasn't in a closet with Boob standing over them....

I think this is the best outcome we could have hoped for for Jill. She's marrying a man, not a boy, with a real job and they seem to genuinely love each other. It wasn't that long ago most of thought Jill would be stuck at home raising the howlers until she was an old maid- in the fundieverse of the term. She might actually have a chance now at a legitimately happy life.

I had a feeling they were engaged. All those cute-barn-countryside photos that popped up a few weeks ago and the sparkle in her eye. Very happy for them. Not surprised at all about the short courtship, and I am VERY HAPPY Jill will get a chance to pursue her interests without a Duggar chaperone. Its always the heavy koolaid drinkers that end up coughing it back up and running for the hills! JillnDill will HOPEFULLY move to another country and live the life they want! (And provide a safe house for any siblings that want an escape!)

Aw I'm so happy for Jill! They look so in love! Although I really hope they don't go handset to J&A extremes lol I CANNOT WAIT for the wedding!

I am happy for Jill. This guy seems normal and I think they will probably have a very happy and normal life. Sadly can't say the same thing about Ben. He seems worse than Smuggar.

Also does anyone else feel bad for Jana? I think she'll end up being the old maid now :( I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell.

Please note the modesty pillow, so his hand does not come into contact with her (ahem!) leg. :o

Also, outside of arm - to - outside of arm contact only, so no accidental side boob contact. Looks safe so far.

They do look very sweet and happy together.

Never being around or knowing any fundies I have to ask....isa modesty pillow actually a 'thing'? :embarrassed:

I predict a "say yes to the dress" crossover episode--what say you all?

Couldn't be happier for Jill! I think everyone here pretty much called that they'd tie the knot before Ben and Jessa. Sure, it's obvious Jill's the one who's definitely had the most kool-aid out of all the kids, but she definitely one of the brightest if not the brightest Duggar girl. Glad she's getting the life she's always wanted with someone who seems pretty awesome and a fundie-light. Looking forward to following Jill and Derick's life after the wedding!

Archived