IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I am not surprised that Jill is engaged before Jessa, I had a feeling that would happen. I did think it would take longer though. She is definitely very enthusiastic, I wonder what the wedding will be like !

I hope Jana doesn't have to wait too long because her parents need sister moms to raise their children.

Wonder how Jessa feels about being "overtaken"... I feel like Jim Bob is telling them to take it slower because of Ben's age and him needing to be able to support his future family.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Perhaps now Jana can study something she is truly interested in rather than be Jill's midwife assistant.

Jill looks prettier than I've ever seen her. To me she was the daughter with a bad tooth to gum ratio that had drunk gallons of the Kool-Aid. Congrats to Jillard!

HOLY COW!!!

I haven't watched the episode yet. I'm going to now. I miss a few hours on here and the thread is on part 2. I've got lots of catching up to do.

I'm happy for them because they seem so happy. Jill, the one who looked to be gulping the kool aid, gets the apparently fundie lite guy who might think she should go to a real school. Jim Bob allowed the guy who already has a college education and a real job that can support at least a normal sized family. I'm impressed with those things.

Whoa whoa whoa what's going on? Were they afraid of getting cancelled? Why so many news in such a short time?

But I like Jill and they seem to be happy together, good for them!

I'm looking forward to seeing Josh ruining his sisters wedding because of ze fame :) (not really, I want everything to run smoothly for her, but Josh is an idiot and I bet he will be pulling off some shit along the road)

Holy crap Jill, you've only been in a relationship with this guy since November!

Good for her though, she seems happy with him, and Derick seems like a nice guy.

Hope Jessa and Ben take it way slower, they are so young.

I don't mind Jill's interrupting and verbal assertiveness... It shows her spirit is not entirely crushed, and she is not a totally meek fundie type... I've had my eye on her for a while to be the one to slowly slip away into more mainstream Christianity, so I am seeing this marriage to Derick as a Good Thing For Jill.

I am thrilled for Jill! She looks giddy and gorgeous! I just hope that she doesn't quit her career (midwifery) just because she's getting married. Derick seems like a reasonable guy so I'm hoping she gets to keep working.

9scv34.jpg

Here's a still from the People announcement (vid at the bottom of the page) featuring the ring. It appears to be a single princess cut diamond (Edit: according to E! it's a .63-carat diamond and white-gold ring he'd custom designed). She seems over the moon (wow, that was fast, part of me is wondering if they were just going to keep the two of them a secret until they were engaged)

I hope this means Ben and Jessa are taking it slow and waiting till he's 20??

These two really seem to like each other. She seems at ease and very happy with him, unlike the awkwardness that I get from Benessa

These two really seem to like each other. She seems at ease and very happy with him, unlike the awkwardness that I get from Benessa

Honestly, I don't think Jessa & Ben are going to last. I hate to say it, because I actually like them together, but there's just too much awkwardness there. Jessa doesn't seem like she's all that into him. Yeah yeah, I get it that she's not an overly emotional gal...but still...

Honestly, I don't think Jessa & Ben are going to last. I hate to say it, because I actually like them together, but there's just too much awkwardness there. Jessa doesn't seem like she's all that into him. Yeah yeah, I get it that she's not an overly emotional gal...but still...

I agree with this. I just don't get the we really want to be together vibe from them. I get that from Jill and Derick. I also got that from the Bates girls and they were only on a blog.

I'd love to be inside Jinger's head. The faces she makes are awesome. I bet she has some bad things to say about all of this. Write that book Jinger.

Holy crap Jill, you've only been in a relationship with this guy since November!

Good for her though, she seems happy with him, and Derick seems like a nice guy.

Other than this is the first guy she's been involved with, it isn't THAT crazy, really.

I was engaged to my DH 2 months after we met and we married 8 months after that. It can work! Course I was 29 when we married and had been in long -term relationships before, DH too. So, there is that....

Please note the modesty pillow, so his hand does not come into contact with her (ahem!) leg. :o

Also, outside of arm - to - outside of arm contact only, so no accidental side boob contact. Looks safe so far.

They do look very sweet and happy together.

9scv34.jpg

I have to say, after all the annoying lovesick gazing up at Jim Bob we have to watch Michelle do, it was really nice to see Derick looking over at Jill the way he was. He looks like he's head over heels and I LOVE IT.

Go Jill!

Fundies always move fast. They want to get the hell our of the parents' house, Can you blame them?

I agree with this. I just don't get the we really want to be together vibe from them. I get that from Jill and Derick. I also got that from the Bates girls and they were only on a blog.

I'd love to be inside Jinger's head. The faces she makes are awesome. I bet she has some bad things to say about all of this. Write that book Jinger.

I agree. Jessa doesn't seem head over heels for Ben, not even a little bit excited, and I don't think it's gonna last. Last week Johanna said that if you're not courting the right guy that God has for you then you might break the courtship. Here's my prediction for next season: Jill's (september?) wedding and moving into her new home with Derrick. Jessa breaking the courtship with Ben because she prayed about it and God didnt want her to be with him after all, flollowed by loads of explanations by JB and Jchelle what breaking a courtship is and how Jessa stayed pure. LOL, it is so easy to stay pure, when you are not at all into the guy, GO Jessa! Still no courtship for Jana. Lots of faces from Jinger.

And Jinger: Write that book and come out of that closet already!

I agree. Jessa doesn't seem head over heels for Ben, not even a little bit excited, and I don't think it's gonna last. Last week Johanna said that if you're not courting the right guy that God has for you then you might break the courtship. Here's my prediction for next season: Jill's (september?) wedding and moving into her new home with Derrick. Jessa breaking the courtship with Ben because she prayed about it and God didnt want her to be with him after all, flollowed by loads of explanations by JB and Jchelle what breaking a courtship is and how Jessa stayed pure. LOL, it is so easy to stay pure, when you are not at all into the guy, GO Jessa! Still no courtship for Jana. Lots of faces from Jinger.

And Jinger: Write that book and come out of that closet already!

Yes, yes, and yes. All of this! And something about a new season of life...

I'm thinking Jill played the system to her advantage -- and more power to her! Since she's always been "the perfect child" and one of the most vocal Kool-aid drinkers, it seems like she was given more leeway and trust. Soon, she'll probably be a world away from TTH with a more mainstream Christian husband who was educated at a real, secular college -- not stuck on one of Boob's classy rental properties half a mile down the road, while Derrick works at the Car Lot. Go Jill!

Archived