IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

Amen to this. I speak from the experience of a conservative Christian college - lots of shame before marriage does NOT make for am easy transition. Girls who had done some experimenting (or who married guys who had slept with other people fared better but had more guilt and shame.

I grew up with the purity thing myself in the Church of Christ. It's not as crazy as the Fundies version but, it still made you feel guilty over wearing certain 'defrauding' clothing and 'going too far' on dates. Even though I had kinda stepped away from it, I felt guilty for 'going further than" i should have with my now husband. Technically, I was not the virgin my parents thought. It took along time to stop feeling dirty over natural desire. Staying a virgin until marriage is not true for 95% of people.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill's registry has an upright vacuum labeled as a "pet" version. Perhaps Derrick actually enjoys caring for a pet and they may get a pet before their eleventy children. Hopefully this hypothetical pet won't fall to the side of the kittens... I know the Bates have a dog(?) and some underfed horses, but other then them, what other fundie families actually have pets?

Jill's registry has an upright vacuum labeled as a "pet" version. Perhaps Derrick actually enjoys caring for a pet and they may get a pet before their eleventy children. Hopefully this hypothetical pet won't fall to the side of the kittens... I know the Bates have a dog(?) and some underfed horses, but other then them, what other fundie families actually have pets?

I'm sure fundies have pets. But I don't think they'd mention them in blogs because the parents didn't make the the pets.

I think quite a few fundies have pets. The Mortons and the Neelys have pets. They have farms so maybe they aren't good examples.

Archived