IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool & Vision Forum is Dead - Part 7

happy atheist

OK I just saw the photo of Spanky in the kilt. Now where's the brain bleach? WHY did he think wearing a kilt was ever a good idea?

Now Alan Rickman could totally rock a kilt......

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I just saw the photo of Spanky in the kilt. Now where's the brain bleach? WHY did he think wearing a kilt was ever a good idea?

Now Alan Rickman could totally rock a kilt......

I'm a bit confused now and don't know the background to this family. Is the man in a kilt not Scottish?

I'm a bit confused now and don't know the background to this family. Is the man in a kilt not Scottish?

That is Spanky Sproul AKA R.C. Sproul, Jr. in the kilt. The bride's father.

I may well be mistaken, but that looks a bit like the McFarlane Hunting Tartan. I guess American for generations Sprouls who are friends with our costume loving Doug think they should wear it on festive occasions. Some Americans are very keen on researching their clans. :shrug:

MJB i dont think you saw wrongly.... Is that not Scotty officiating at the ceremony?

Don't think so.

This photo (johnacobb.smugmug.com/Darby-Christopher-Wedding/i-hGsDVH9) shows the two presiding clergy.

The one on the L is R C Sproul, Sr., Darby's grandfather; the one next to him is NOT Scotty but don't know who it is.

All that said, Scotty could certainly have been at the wedding - why not? Looks like the Morecrafts had to grin & bear it over Dougie's presence so why not Scotty?

That would be Pastor Marion Lovett.

heritagecenterville.org/leadership/profile/marion-lovett

From the RCJr Wiki, Jr. is a teaching elder at Heritage Presbyterian Church in Centerville, TN.

Which is where the RoBotkins live, IIRC.

That is where they love, though I believe it's a different church than theirs.

That seems a little personal.... even for FJ! :D

Are you suggesting the RoBotkins are giving away pieces of their heart?? :lol:

I'm missing the lol Dougs. Alas he has retreated from the "public sphere" for a season to be a foot soldier in god's army....or whatever and we are left with no more manly anaconda pictures to snark on.

I'm missing the lol Dougs. Alas he has retreated from the "public sphere" for a season to be a foot soldier in god's army....or whatever and we are left with no more manly anaconda pictures to snark on.

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure some other tool will pop up soon enough to convince the VF sheeple to hop on the next fundie fad, which I'm guessing will be polygamy, given this demographic's obsession with birthrates and patriarchy.

I fear that Doug's absence is merely temporary. He will be back to delight us. Sooner rather than later if Spanky Sproul has any say in it.

In the mean time, I'm sure some Anaconda Hunters will emerge. Keep your eye on Darnell. And on Scott Brown, former Chair of the VFM Board, who is still reassigning Doug's former empire to his own advantage. IMO, of course.

I fear that Doug's absence is merely temporary. He will be back to delight us. Sooner rather than later if Spanky Sproul has any say in it.

In the mean time, I'm sure some Anaconda Hunters will emerge. Keep your eye on Darnell. And on Scott Brown, former Chair of the VFM Board, who is still reassigning Doug's former empire to his own advantage. IMO, of course.

Agreed. Darnell isn't powerful enough to do anything on his own, but he's got that "lawyer" background that Scottie doesn't, so they may find a good partnership there. They are a perfect match, and Darnell, in all his desperation to find a wife, may end up being that match for Scottie's daughter, Claudia. That would tie things up nicely for all involved.

Agreed. Darnell isn't powerful enough to do anything on his own, but he's got that "lawyer" background that Scottie doesn't, so they may find a good partnership there. They are a perfect match, and Darnell, in all his desperation to find a wife, may end up being that match for Scottie's daughter, Claudia. That would tie things up nicely for all involved.

Scott Brown has nowhere near the entertainment value of Doug.

In all seriousness, Brown and Darnell are both lacking in the charisma department, which is going to make it almost impossible to keep VF going as anything except a pale shadow of its former self. That is a good thing.

Scott Brown has nowhere near the entertainment value of Doug.

In all seriousness, Brown and Darnell are both lacking in the charisma department, which is going to make it almost impossible to keep VF going as anything except a pale shadow of its former self. That is a good thing.

True, that! But I wonder if maybe there is some way Matt Chancey might jump into the fray for them. He's got all the theatrical value DPIAT does. Not sure how close they all are.

But I wonder if maybe there is some way Matt Chancey might jump into the fray for them. He's got all the theatrical value DPIAT does.

Well, at least he has the white panama hat. :D

Well, at least he has the white panama hat. :D

Well, and Jenny has all that costuming skill. It's a natural fit. Just need some cellos!

Well, and Jenny has all that costuming skill. It's a natural fit. Just need some cellos!

They'll need some interns. Where's BRADRICK! when you're having an intern-related emergency?

I don't see any real contenders for the Doug Phillips (who is a tool) Sweepstakes. None of the individuals mentioned have quite the same combination of over-sized ego, con-man-level charisma, extensive wardrobe, and lust (heh) for Manly, Hazardous Adventures. Scott Brown would never swing from a vine in the Amazon, and I suspect Darnell considers wearing non-matching socks to be the height of adventure.

I still scroll through the LOL Dougs from time to time. Mem'ries...

Doug Phillips: still a tool.

Chancey doesn't need interns to boss around. He has lots of coloured help.

Well they ARE "The Chanceys Of Africa".

What a couple of assholes.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen Justin Turley "step up" yet. He definitely has a flair for the dramatic, and how is he going to keep his website business going when 90% of his business came from Vision Forum? I think he and his dad started some "faith and freedom tours" thing, but you sure don't hear much about it. I was really expecting him to be more high profile.

And what of his younger brother, the hate-fuckable Samuel? Sam, if ever there was a need for rabid, racist neo-Confederates, it's now. Prove yourself in duel using marked-down, clearance-sale VF swords or refuse the name "Son of the South"!

Archived