IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool & Vision Forum is Dead - Part 7

happy atheist

Obviously, a bit off topic, but has RC Sproul Jr. always looked like Mario Batali?

HA! Oh my word, that's who he subconsciously reminded me of.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a fellow pastor, I'm sure RC Jr. is familiar with this verse:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 ESV

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.â€

Only 4 options here...

1) RC doesn't regard Dougie as a fellow believer

2) RC thinks Dougie is clean and being unjustly persecuted

3) RC thinks Dougie has repented fully and is to be restored (Hello CREC!)

4) RC needs to grow a set.

It also seems to say 'Love and Mazel Tov [and another word I can't make out]' under 'Thoughts'. Maybe his next re-incarnation will be with Messianic Judaism.

Doug always draws on his "Jewish roots" when he feels like it. His energetically obnoxious videos from Israel are something to see. Here's the first:

http://vimeo.com/52765368

Doug always draws on his "Jewish roots" when he feels like it. His energetically obnoxious videos from Israel are something to see. Here's the first:

I bailed after a minute. So embarrassing I wanted to hide my face just watching. Doug Phillips Is A TOOL!

I think that Joshua and Darby must be good friends and that is why the entire family was invited. JT didn't make his twitter account private until we spoke about its connection to Darby's account.

Even though I dislike the family's theology, I hope that the couple have a happy marriage.

Welp, that settles that.

The entire Phillips family appears to have attended Darby's wedding: johnacobb.smugmug.com/Darby-Christopher-Wedding/i-XL26jJs

ETA: And Doug Phillips Is A Tool also signed the guestbook:johnacobb.smugmug.com/Darby-Christopher-Wedding/i-T6Jp9Xx

In the ETA linked picture, it looks as if Bradrick and Kelly are standing very near Doug. Might this mean that they've reconciled?

ETA: I'm sorry, I meant the picture in the first link, not the guestbook one.

In the ETA linked picture, it looks as if Bradrick and Kelly are standing very near Doug. Might this mean that they've reconciled?

ETA: I'm sorry, I meant the picture in the first link, not the guestbook one.

I don't think that's Peter, and that is definitely not Kelly. If I'm looking at the photo you are referring to, which is johnacobb.smugmug.com/Darby-Christopher-Wedding/i-XL26jJs

I bailed after a minute. So embarrassing I wanted to hide my face just watching. Doug Phillips Is A TOOL!

Oh my. I felt embarrassed for him even though I know he is a horrible excuse for a human. What was with the weird voice? Is that supposed to make him sound like he is from their because it sure didn't.

Yikes--that was painful to watch and listen to. Cultural appropriation at its worst. Someone should remind DPIAT that, in Jewish tradition, Jewishness is matrilineal, not patrilineal.

*way way way way Off Topic*

The "Christian Post" is an interesting story in and of itself. It, the International Business Times and now, Newsweek, are being run by a shadowy outfit led by a former follower of Rev. Moon. I only mention the latter because it appears David Jang has taught some similar beliefs to his followers, like that he's the "Second Coming Christ".

If you read this article you might see why the Christian Post kept Hero's name in the article--for the clickbait.

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2014/0 ... david-jang

Thanks for posting that article. Interesting and frightening.

LOL thanks for the laugh.

I can't believe the man who landed in Tel Aviv and wanted to sing from Fiddler on the Roof had an 'non-biblical-sexual' extramarital affair with a woman.

Looks like Doug Phillips Is A Tool will have always have a friend in R.C. Sproul, Jr.: johnacobb.smugmug.com/Darby-Christopher-Wedding/i-HKfM9mD

The beginnings of Doug's rehabilitation? It's worth watching for other social gatherings.

To be totally shallow, Mario Balali R.C. Sproul Jr. really needs to retire the kilt. I usually swoon over men in kilts, but there obviously comes a time when they are just not flattering on fuller figured men . . .

Perhaps he could donate it to Doug's costume box? Or even better send it to the PP!

OMFG that guy is SUCH a nerd. He's like...the LARPer at your local community college who walks around in a trench coat with his fencing gear and randomly breaks out into weird play acting. That was just a million kinds of awkward.

ETA: Look! That's the FLAG! That's the Star of David! (OMG DID HE JUST SAY FABULOSO?!!!!) WOW! Also, Stephen Kendricks' wife looks a LOT younger than him?

I'm pretty sure the guest book says "Mazel Tov in Christ"--which I guess is sort of like Yahsome, but more importantly, it's a wonderful way to turn what's supposed to be a good luck message to the happy couple into a fabulouso statement about Doug Phillips and how super special he is (Jewish roots! Totally Christian! So cool!)

Also, in the photo, the "Kelly" woman is Beall and I think "Peter" is actually the rarely seek Justice.

(ETA: Doug snark aside, what a beautiful wedding. The location is lovely and the bride, the dress, the photos of her mom (I assume) in the church, very nicely done.)

I'm pretty sure the guest book says "Mazel Tov in Christ"--which I guess is sort of like Yahsome, but more importantly, it's a wonderful way to turn what's supposed to be a good luck message to the happy couple into a fabulouso statement about Doug Phillips and how super special he is (Jewish roots! Totally Christian! So cool!)

Also, in the photo, the "Kelly" woman is Beall and I think "Peter" is actually the rarely seek Justice.

(ETA: Doug snark aside, what a beautiful wedding. The location is lovely and the bride, the dress, the photos of her mom (I assume) in the church, very nicely done.)

I'm pretty sure Darby's mother died a few years ago of cancer. Darby was still in her teens when her mother died and, as the oldest daughter, had all those little kids to look after . I don't know who the woman in the photos is.

I'm pretty sure Darby's mother died a few years ago of cancer. Darby was still in her teens when her mother died and, as the oldest daughter, had all those little kids to look after . I don't know who the woman in the photos is.

Sorry, I was clear in my head but I can see where what I wrote wasn't clear at all. What I meant was in the pictures of the actual ceremony, there are 2 framed photographs in the front pew of a woman who I assume is Darby's late mother, which I thought was a nice way to reflect how her memory is important to her daughter on her daughter's special day.

Oh wow, I wouldn't have guessed that. Thanks for the identification.

Maybe deep down I was hoping for another crazy twist in this already twisty story.

OMFG that guy is SUCH a nerd. He's like...the LARPer at your local community college who walks around in a trench coat with his fencing gear and randomly breaks out into weird play acting. That was just a million kinds of awkward.

ETA: Look! That's the FLAG! That's the Star of David! (OMG DID HE JUST SAY FABULOSO?!!!!) WOW! Also, Stephen Kendricks' wife looks a LOT younger than him?

The bolded might be the best description I've ever seen of Doug Phillips!

Oh my. I felt embarrassed for him even though I know he is a horrible excuse for a human. What was with the weird voice? Is that supposed to make him sound like he is from their because it sure didn't.

I think that's his "I'm pretending that I'm playing Tevye" voice.

bWGtjqv19ZA

Sorry, I was clear in my head but I can see where what I wrote wasn't clear at all. What I meant was in the pictures of the actual ceremony, there are 2 framed photographs in the front pew of a woman who I assume is Darby's late mother, which I thought was a nice way to reflect how her memory is important to her daughter on her daughter's special day.

Oh, I see. Sorry! I didn't scroll through all eleventy wedding pictures but I agree that is a very sweet idea to have the photos of her mother there. Who is the (older than the bridesmaids) woman in a navy blue dress who is seen organizing the wedding party at various times? Anyone?

The flower girls and the little boys are just adorable.

Archived