IGNORED

The Gwyneth Paltrow of Fundies: Better than you, here's how!

clarinetpower

Yes, because you would be sending the wrong message to care for a family member out of overwhelming love for them.

Parents who cannot be bothered to care properly for their children without expectation of being compensated should never expect to receive anything at all from those children once they're grown.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blanket's a pretty awful name. Chastity sounds pretty, but I'd feel embarrassed to have the name in fundie circles, especially after my wedding night. Makes the parents look likes they're obsessed with virginity, and after marriage, people would be looking at me like, "Well, we need to call her something else now." :lol:

I bet Jim Bob would have wanted to call a daughter Chastity if they had gone with C instead of the letter J...and then he would have gone on to make all kinds of inappropriate sexual jokes at poor Chastity's expense. :(

No need for C.

Jastity.

Nuff said. :violin:

Reading this causes my stomach to feel sick. I am at the hospital sitting next to my sleeping sister and waiting for her to get a room, jumping in the rabbit hole!

Thinking of you and your sister, Grimalkin!

I also think making your kids pay for meals and clothes is twisted. I can appreciate the lesson, particularly as a businesswoman who had to learn much of that the hard way as I grew up, but it's still twisted, especially when she herself acknowledges that one of them almost never has enough mombucks to eat.

interesting read. i'm especially intrigued because in this post:

http://www.keeperofthehomestead.com/blog/our-story

she mentions she went to mexico for stem cell treatment. aren't fundies usually against stem cell treatments? or were they considered sooper speshul stem cells, so it was okay? or is it just another case of "do as i say, not as i do"?

A kind family donated the money for me to go to go to Mexico for stem cell treatment.

interesting read. i'm especially intrigued because in this post:

http://www.keeperofthehomestead.com/blog/our-story

she mentions she went to mexico for stem cell treatment. aren't fundies usually against stem cell treatments? or were they considered sooper speshul stem cells, so it was okay? or is it just another case of "do as i say, not as i do"?

Can't speak for fundies since I'm not one, but I do remember Rev. Tod Wilken of "Issues, Etc.," radio forum saying that it was only embryonic stem cells that were unethical. He and the ethicists he interviewed had no problem with adult stem cells and he even quoted research that adult stem cells served all the purposes needed. FWIW.

I browsed Gwyneth,jr.'s blog a little and couldn't take any more. When she says that certain people "are the kind we Christians would look down upon" I wanted to demand to see the Christians who look down upon people. Way to give us a bad name, fruitcake!

When she returned a 21-year-old woman to her nutcase mother after the woman had begged to go back to her father instead, I wanted to find Gwynnie and swat at her.

When she quoted "an old old saying'" that actually is one of the commands of Jesus Of Nazareth .... that's when I had to stop reading. And this woman has followers. The world's not going to hell in a handbag, it's already there. :embarrassed:

Can't speak for fundies since I'm not one, but I do remember Rev. Tod Wilken of "Issues, Etc.," radio forum saying that it was only embryonic stem cells that were unethical. He and the ethicists he interviewed had no problem with adult stem cells and he even quoted research that adult stem cells served all the purposes needed. FWIW.

i know, that's what i meant by "sooper speshul" stem cells ;) she didn't specify, after all. i mean, considering the general fundie stance, it could probably safely be assumed she didn't utilize embryonic stem cells. but, ya know, not specifying not only loses her an opportunity to evangelize against teh ebils of abortion and embryonic stem cells, but also leaves open the possibility that they could have been embryonic in origin and thus blemishes her testimony (i almost gagged typing that, sorry. an old remnant of my own fundie days..."leave no appearance of evil or wrongdoing").

and, considering she also had this done in mexico...well, i guess it varies practice by practice as to how ethical the clinic/hospital was in telling her where the stem cells were from (i.e. full, documented disclosure or hedging it because paying customer!).

Thinking of you and your sister, Grimalkin!

I also think making your kids pay for meals and clothes is twisted. I can appreciate the lesson, particularly as a businesswoman who had to learn much of that the hard way as I grew up, but it's still twisted, especially when she herself acknowledges that one of them almost never has enough mombucks to eat.

Thank you kindly! So much for modeling unconditional self sacraficing love to your children.

She is the fundie version of the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfield. "No food for YOU!"

• 2 years later...

Here book "Living Virtuously: Keeping Your Heart and Home" is free on Kindle Unlimited right now. I down loaded it.

So.Painful.

It's like an endless litany of her spiritual superiority. The beautiful irony being she starts the whole thing off with a story about how she learned so much from a person riddled with spiritual pride.

I came here looking for her in the hopes she was a troll front. It was too much. She couldn't possibly be real.

But she is and worse than I thought. My train is pulling out. I'm going back it. It's like Little Women but if it were writing Nellie Olson. God help me.

I decided to watch her YouTube videos while I work. There's something about her that reminds me of Pensatucky from Orange is the New Black.

Archived