IGNORED

FRC Rebranding Straight Marriage as "Natural Marriage"

It sounds a lot like the word "Normativity" that ol' Nathaniel Darnell kept spouting after Bradrick!'s wedding.

Heard that used a couple days ago and immediately thought of "natural child," a euphemism in Jane Austen's time for a child born out of wedlock, especially to a father of a higher class than the mother.

Made me smirk. "Natural" was once, in polite society's mind, a bad thing. Now???? Ah, those extremists on the right. :whistle:

If they feel they have to redefine the terms, it is because they can sense they are losing the battle. Slowly but surely, their position is doomed.

"Natural" marriage sounds a lot like "Common-Law Marriage", where a couple isn't married but they've lived together so long that they get the legal benefits by default.

Heard that used a couple days ago and immediately thought of "natural child," a euphemism in Jane Austen's time for a child born out of wedlock, especially to a father of a higher class than the mother.

Made me smirk. "Natural" was once, in polite society's mind, a bad thing. Now???? Ah, those extremists on the right. :whistle:

That's exactly what I thought, having read the phrase "the King's natural (bastard) son" in a book the other day. Natural as opposed to "legal/legitimate" son, so that's ironic: Natural as opposed to "legal or legitimate" marriage. Maybe they can be like gay people used to be and only get religious/spiritual/commitment ceremonies in that case.

It smacks of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Every time one of those assholes uses "biblically based marriage" I want to start offering myself as 2000th concubine to them.

When I hear natural marriage I think of it as natural marriage as opposed to sacramental marriage. Since I do not agree with what they're trying to do I guess it is a good thing they're muddling their own message.

They just want to be able to dub gay marriage as "unnatural"

Plus, they and some other Fundies have been bantering about "natural law" for a while now.

What is the foundation of American liberty? Does the state or even the Constitution confer rights upon citizens? Or do "unalienable rights" originate in something higher, something that transcends the written law? Claiming that the founder's appeal to "natural law" represents the genius of the American idea, Richard E. Lessner traces the development of natural law from Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, and John Locke. After relating the tragedies of the twentieth century--from Auschwitz to abortion--to the decline of natural law, The Cornerstone of Liberty: Natural Law, America's Unwritten Constitution calls for renewed appreciation for natural law among all Americans, citizens and public officials alike.

frc.org/get.cfm?i=BR01C1

They already have and they gave birth to josh

When the next fundie flavor of the month / trained chump comes along Smuggar will be aborted retroactively.

Do they not realise that animals can be gay too, so being gay is less common but perfectly natural.

Never mind the fact that lifelong monogamy is a rarity in the animal world. But they believe that humans are a completely different lifeform so that argument doesnt work.

When the next fundie flavor of the month / trained chump comes along Smuggar will be aborted retroactively.

They likely won't dump him completely. They'll just shuffle him into the backroom to do the filing.

They likely won't dump him completely. They'll just shuffle him into the backroom to do the filing.

You have a point, but with Smuggar's ego, could he take it, especially if he was left at the mercy of his equally conservative, but much better educated male and female colleagues, who in spite of their conservativism could show him up for the woefully ignorant, undereducated fool he is.

You have a point, but with Smuggar's ego, could he take it, especially if he was left at the mercy of his equally conservative, but much better educated male and female colleagues, who in spite of their conservativism could show him up for the woefully ignorant, undereducated fool he is.

If they "promote" him, i.e. pay him more or give him a job that has a more important-sounding title, sure.

If they "promote" him, i.e. pay him more or give him a job that has a more important-sounding title, sure.

Josh, you are now the Executive Director Bathroom President, you get a promotion of an extra dollar and this coupon for a free cheeseburger. Here is your mop and your toilet brush, now go clean the bathrooms.

Josh, you are now the Executive Director Bathroom President, you get a promotion of an extra dollar and this coupon for a free cheeseburger. Here is your mop and your toilet brush, now go clean the bathrooms.

no he is very underqualified for wimmins work.

They just want to be able to dub gay marriage as "unnatural"

Plus, they and some other Fundies have been bantering about "natural law" for a while now.

What is the foundation of American liberty? Does the state or even the Constitution confer rights upon citizens? Or do "unalienable rights" originate in something higher, something that transcends the written law? Claiming that the founder's appeal to "natural law" represents the genius of the American idea, Richard E. Lessner traces the development of natural law from Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, and John Locke. After relating the tragedies of the twentieth century--from Auschwitz to abortion--to the decline of natural law, The Cornerstone of Liberty: Natural Law, America's Unwritten Constitution calls for renewed appreciation for natural law among all Americans, citizens and public officials alike.

frc.org/get.cfm?i=BR01C1

I'm guessing this "natural law" places white male landowners at the top of the heap...

Not so fast. The only Chick-fil-A's that have cheeseburgers are the Dwarf House kind, and I don't think DC has any of those (could be wrong).

I think you mean Free Chik Fil A Chicken Sandwich.

They already have and they gave birth to josh

You give Josh too much credit. I like to think he came out of the other hole.

But speaking of expelling him from body cavities, this reminded me of a post on the Duggar FB from a little while ago. Someone said "I was pro-life...till I watched this show", and a leg-humper commented with "which of those precious children would you have seen fit to be aborted??" To which the OP replied "I'd start with Josh".

You give Josh too much credit. I like to think he came out of the other hole.

But speaking of expelling him from body cavities, this reminded me of a post on the Duggar FB from a little while ago. Someone said "I was pro-life...till I watched this show", and a leg-humper commented with "which of those precious children would you have seen fit to be aborted??" To which the OP replied "I'd start with Josh".

Whoa, that poster didn't pull any punches. Now I gotta ask how did the leghumper react to that one?

Archived