IGNORED

New reality show- I Wanna Marry Harry

16strong

I saw this and HAD to share. Didn't know whether to post it in Wide World of Snark or here, so I chose here because more people visit.

Anyways, the premise of the show is that a Prince Harry imposter convinces 12 (12!!!!! :o ) women that they are vying to marry him. So kind of like The Bachelor but with some really, REALLY dumb (er) women. Horrible-sounding show, yes, but the snark potential here is very high. :lol:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2590175/So-want-princess-New-reality-whisk-12-American-women-away-UK-convince-competing-marry-Prince-Harry.html

I heard about this show on the radio today. Honestly, I guess the contestants are dumb enough to think that Harry can't obtain female company on his own? And like QEII would ever let that happen in a million years?

FWIW, I can tell that the impersonator is not Harry just on the basis of his looks. And I know enough about the royal family that if I were alone with the impersonator, I'd suss it out pretty quickly. I can't think he's been that exhaustively coached.

I'm now imagining an alternate future where all the world's royalty chooses their new spouses, not through alliances or love, but through reality shows. Actually, when you think about it, that's more or less what happened with Queen Esther...

I'm now imagining an alternate future where all the world's royalty chooses their new spouses, not through alliances or love, but through reality shows. Actually, when you think about it, that's more or less what happened with Queen Esther...

This is actually the premise of a YA series that I kind of like - The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass. The first book is better than the second; the third hasn't come out yet. But it is exactly like a mashup of The Bachelor and a YA dystopia.

Archived