IGNORED

Abigail on Gwyneth Paltrow Divorce

GeoBQn

Abigail writes an open letter to newly-single Gwyneth Paltrow. In summary: poverty makes marriage better and Abigail had a crappy childhood. Also, she adds "community theatre actress" to her growing resume.

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2014/03/my-open-letter-to-gwyneth-paltrow-my.html

I'm sure Gwyneth won't give a flying fuck what Abigail thinks.

It isn't a divorce, people. It is a "conscious uncoupling".

I love that Gwyneth can't even get divorced without being pretentious!

Marriage is hard. I had no idea how poorly parented I was until I got into my marriage. I was fine while I was single. But at the same time, I wasn't fine.

I read that earlier and this really stood out to me. Um, seriously? She has parents and grandparents who supported her education, helped send her to Smith, and STILL try to send her money to cover the basic household expenses that she can't manage. We should all be so poorly parented.

She's almost 40 and still at a stage that most people grow out of by 25. Simultaneously dependent on her parents to support her irresponsible lifestyle and blaming them for everything that's wrong in her life. At some point, Abigail, you have to acknowledge that the problem here is YOU :roll:

I wonder if she realizes that nobody's parents are perfect and that they all make mistakes, eff up, and hurt their children?

I can't even comment on her 'open letter to Gwyneth Paltrow'. I just... what.

This!!

Um, a lot of marital spats get resolved because they are too poor for one partner to leave the house and go stay in a hotel instead? And therefore poverty is good for a marriage? I'm sure all those couples trying to figure out which of them skips dinner tonight so the kids get fed are *thrilled* about how poverty is a blessing for their marriage. That banging sound you're hearing is Mr Snowe's headdesk.

Did she also write an open letter to Maria Shriver? :roll: These people give fuck all what she thinks.

It takes a pretty epic lack of self awareness for Abigail to lecture a Kennedy woman on Catholic marriage. :roll:

Has Gwyneth been reading Sparkling Adventures?

Oh gosh, just commented on this in the other Abigail thread! Such a classic post - if we were playing Abigail Bingo, I'd have filled my card!

Has Gwyneth been reading Sparkling Adventures?

If she hasn't, please please PLEASE don't introduce her to Unschooling McSparkles now. :pray:

Talk about a match made in hell.

Um, a lot of marital spats get resolved because they are too poor for one partner to leave the house and go stay in a hotel instead? And therefore poverty is good for a marriage? I'm sure all those couples trying to figure out which of them skips dinner tonight so the kids get fed are *thrilled* about how poverty is a blessing for their marriage. That banging sound you're hearing is Mr Snowe's headdesk.

I've got a friend who can't leave an abuser because she doesn't have the money to get an attorney to help her get a judge to let her leave the state with their son. Since she's in another state, she can't leave and come stay with a friend, or else she'd be under my roof. Since she can't afford to leave and get another place where she is, she's stuck with an abuser.

I get Abigail things that this means it's "working."

THANK YOU!! This is what I thought. She is too good to be like the rest of us. I wonder what she calls taking a shit. "Vacating bowels" is probably too grody and low-class.

I can only assume Abigail wrote about Gwyneth Paltrow because she thinks Paltrow is in the news and hopes it will move her blog up on the search engines.

More of that Google Magic...

THANK YOU!! This is what I thought. She is too good to be like the rest of us. I wonder what she calls taking a shit. "Vacating bowels" is probably too grody and low-class.

Eliminating the body's toxins? Cleansing the inner aspect? Releasing the excess from the good?

Eliminating the body's toxins? Cleansing the inner aspect? Releasing the excess from the good?

An intestinal journey to the light?

An intestinal journey to the light?

On an adventure to find the Sparrow King?

Archived