IGNORED

Another Stupid Comment from A Duggar Humper

roddma

I thought it deserved its own thread. It is from the Duggars Blog FB page.

I see teenagers now days and they frighten me. they look mean, sullen, they are angry and can't keep their hands off of their cell phones or MP3 players or video games...then I see the Duggar kids...every single one of them is a righteous human being in their own right. How is that possible that 2 people with 20 kids raised every single one of them to grow up to be such great people...what is your secret? Please...share it with the rest of the US because our teen agers and 20 somethings are the worst people on earth...except your kids of course. Please..give classes, give lessons...help the rest of America to raise decent people before it's too late.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut the fuck up :angry-banghead: sorry I'm sick and tired of seeing comments like this. Fans of the show always judge people like my husband and I as well as others who have less kids than the Duggars. They don't understand why parents of one,two, or three kids are complaining when the Duggars have 19kids and aren't complaining. ( they don't have anything to complain about because they aren't raising their children)The Duggars all have well behaved kids and other peoples kids are out of control(they all been brainwashed,have no education,and follows a cult to look like a fun happy loving family). :pull-hair:

Normal couples have common sense. :violin:

help the rest of America to raise decent people before it's too late.

This right here is the crux of the matter-- define "decent" because I doubt we agree. I don't think it is decent to be oblivious to other people's timetables. I don't think it is decent to judge everyone you meet by your standards of dress. I don't think it is decent to believe that your lifestyle is the ONLY way and everyone else is going to hell. I don't think it is decent to rely on everyone else to go to medical school, the military, civil engineering, research, etc. so you can maintain your middle class suburban lifestyle.

I believe the original poster does love the Duggars-- I do think he or she would be happy with robot children who could be programed, to replace real children with their own hopes, dreams, and ambitions. Think how nice robot children would be-- you could program them to smile 24 hours a day!

I have issues when I see stuff like this on either the Duggar board & on the Maxwell's website. So many of their leg humpers think their way of life is the only way to live.

I thought it deserved its own thread. It is from the Duggars Blog FB page.

OK, my read of this is that it is a snark to their face. I just am not buying it at all, especially the bit about "share it with the rest of the US because our teen agers and 20 somethings are the worst people on earth...except your kids of course..." sounds like BS to me.

It's always a pet peeve of mine and people use "teen agers" instead of all one word "teenagers." "Agers" by itself is not a word, (is it?) and so must be connected to something.

And since when have most teens NOT been angry and sullen? It's kind of a phase for most people, and they eventually grow out of it.

Again with the either/or. There are many ways to be a teenager between being a self-righteous artificially happy fundy and being an insolent, rude tech junkie.

(Said the woman who deals with one of the latter regularly...it is no fun and if you have been an influential adult in the life of one of those, you kind of feel a bit of failure...but our insolent, iPad absorbed, rude teen will probably grow out of it, while Josh Duggar is probably going to be a self-righteous fool forever).

The Duggar teenagers/young adults don't look particularly happy sometimes either.

Especially Joy. Jer didn't look to happy at that book signing either.

Why do so many of these leghumpers think that non-fundie teens do nothing but drink, smoke, and have orgies? There are plenty of teens who are respectful, intelligent, serve their communities (and not the BS community service the Duggars do), and do well in school, all without being a member of a cult or an abusive church. I wonder if these leghumpers have ever actually seen an episode of 19 Kids and Counting so they could see how disrespectful the Duggar kids are. I'm sure they would just rationalize their misbehavior as "kids being kids" though.

The Duggar teens and adults have no control over their own lives. The kids are forced to live by their parents choices. They get no say. They seem perfect because they're not allowed to express emotions, and tell how they really feel. People that believe that Duggars are well behaved because of the great parenting done by J'Chelle and Boob are crazy! J'Chelle only cares about her kids when they need her for everything. Once they can be passed off, they're out of her mind.

I have issues when I see stuff like this on either the Duggar board & on the Maxwell's website. So many of their leg humpers think their way of life is the only way to live.

The bigger problem I have with the Duggar leg-humpers is the fact that most of them aren't even QFers and would never prescribe to it themselves. Instead, they judge and criticize anyone who disagrees with and/or doesn't follow quiverfull. They raise it up on some platform as the highest of lifestyles, but can't commit to it themselves.

lol all teenagers and 20-somethings in the U.S. are the worst people on earth, EXCEPT for the Duggars. Hahaha wow. And yeah, the Duggar teens NEVER look sullen!

The Duggars are depressed. It's too bad that they cannot get therapy for their issues. I think J'Chelle has gone even more off of the deep end since Jubilee. If that was even possible.

Yes. ALL teenagers now are sullen and depressed and obsessed with technology. ALL of them. :penguin-no:

Better to look sullen if you feel that way than to feel sullen and look like an emotionless robot because you have to keep sweet.

Most of the teens I know are lovey people (I don't yet have any of my own and I understand they act differently at home) who are smart, articulate and care deeply about making a difference in this world. If US teens are truly the worst in the world, then maybe we should look at the rest of the world and see what we're doing wrong. The rest of the world, like, say, the Netherlands where promoting the type of discipline used by the Duggars is against the law.

Yes, the youth of today are horrible, unlike those in the past. Oh wait....

Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'. We, their sons, are more worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.

Horace (circa 20 b.c.)

Duggar and humper are two words that should never be used in the same sentence. Not enough brain bleach...

Last I checked, the Duggars have nineteen kids, not twenty. And those nineteen don't look all that happy, except for the Golden Child, who gets whatever he wants without having to earn it.

This right here is the crux of the matter-- define "decent" because I doubt we agree. I don't think it is decent to be oblivious to other people's timetables. I don't think it is decent to judge everyone you meet by your standards of dress. I don't think it is decent to believe that your lifestyle is the ONLY way and everyone else is going to hell. I don't think it is decent to rely on everyone else to go to medical school, the military, civil engineering, research, etc. so you can maintain your middle class suburban lifestyle.

I believe the original poster does love the Duggars-- I do think he or she would be happy with robot children who could be programed, to replace real children with their own hopes, dreams, and ambitions. Think how nice robot children would be-- you could program them to smile 24 hours a day!

These folks want Stepford children, not flesh-and-blood ones.

The words "Duggar" and "Humper" remind me of miniature golf for some reason...

:brain-bleach: Now I have the image of Boob dry humping Michelle at the miniature golf course and telling Ben and Jessa this is something they can't do yet.

The words "Duggar" and "Humper" remind me of miniature golf for some reason...

Well first of all, it is WAY too soon to say JB and Michelle have succeeded with their parenting style. There are at least 5 adult kids at the moment and still plenty of time to screw up since they are still VERY young. Don't forget about the cluster of kids who grew up with TLC in their face. Their lives are totally different from the first 4. Michelle & JB are much older now and might find it hard to enforce their conservative rules on the last few. Hey it might be happening already :pray:

I would just like to state for the record that even mean, sullen, angry teenagers are "righteous human beings in their own right." That status is not reserved for Stepford, er, Duggar children.

My parents had beliefs about teenagers that seemed pretty similar to the commenter. And I was an angry, sullen teenager who was depressed to the point of considering suicide. I assure you, there was causation going on there, not just correlation.

Archived