IGNORED

Fred Phelps: the end?/Fred Phelps- Dead

slh12280

I think poetic justice would be if the LGBTQ community picketed his funeral. I actually wouldn't be surprised if one group or another does. And honestly, I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May God have mercy on his soul. The people he has hurt over the years won't.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/16/fred-phelps-dying-death-westboro-baptist_n_4974584.html

Good luck to ya Mr. Phelps.

The article said he was ex-communicated?

My two theories:

1. Fearing imminent death, he started worrying that he was Doin It Rong and Shirley and the gang exed him for not remaining gay-hating enough.

2. It was an "unofficial" excommunication, done for legal reasons, to somehow distance him from ongoing WBC shenanigans.

Wouldn't it be a kick in Shirley's pants if good ole dad repented of his hate and became more inline with the message of forgiveness and love that the NT gives. :lol:

We will never know though. They could say dad was out of his head ill or possessed or something.

I think poetic justice would be if the LGBTQ community picketed his funeral. I actually wouldn't be surprised if one group or another does. And honestly, I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry.

Nobody will be picketing his funeral. It is illegal to picket funerals in Kansas because Fred Phelps used to picket funerals.

Yep, Jael had a baby boy. There's a picture of him on her Twitter at "baby's first picket".

twitter.com/WBCJael/status/435845098954186752/photo/1

Ugh, I didn't know Jael got married. I guess that means this "church" will be with us for the foreseeable future. Lauren Drain also said that the Phelps girls received preferential treatment compared to her, especially when it came to interacting with the opposite sex, because they were Fred Phelps' grand-daughters, whereas she and her family came from the outside world. Given this, it doesn't surprise me that Jael got permission to marry whereas Lauren probably would not have had she stayed in the cult. I would recommend Lauren Drain's book if you want an inside look at the psychology of WBC. It also provides interesting perspective on the background of Louis Theroux documentary. Lauren claims that Yael and the other Phelps women were flirting with Theroux and no one cared, whereas she was shunned from the group after an innocent romance with a boy from the outside.

I agree, I think the best thing we could do is just ignore his funeral. :gay-rainbowflag::obscene-birdiered:

WBC gets off on the negative publicity they generate. They go out of their way to be as offensive as possible, hoping to draw crowds of angry people and, most importantly, media attention. They hate being ignored.

Hopefully, no-one will turn up for the funeral. It'll totally piss them off.

WBC gets off on the negative publicity they generate. They go out of their way to be as offensive as possible, hoping to draw crowds of angry people and, most importantly, media attention. They hate being ignored.

Hopefully, no-one will turn up for the funeral. It'll totally piss them off.

Can I at least send anonymous rainbow flowers? :D

I know at least one funeral home was picketed. (I have no idea why) So I guess they won't be doing business with them. They picketed places like vacuum cleaner stores and Sonic. SONIC!

Good riddance, tbh. I feel bad for the people he's hurt throughout his life and with his message of hatred. Him and his disgusting family crave the negative attention they get. I hope his death gets greeted with indifference and shoulder shrugging.

WBC finally responds.

blogs.sparenot.com/workmen/2014/03/16/recent-media-faq/

ETA: Lauren Drain's book IS pretty good. It is not a difficult read. I am familiar with the WBC because everyone who has spent any time in Kansas is familiar with them. I was Jewish, so I was a little more familiar with them. My *Christian* sister was at some event in Kansas City on a Friday night and they were picketing. She said, "Hey, aren't you supposed to be picketing my sister's synagogue?"

It at least threw them a loop for a second. :lol:

According to e x-member Lauren Drain, single members of WBC are forbidden from marrying or having children, which means that no further members can be born into this madness.

I think we should go ahead and call the Westboro baptist a cult, not a church. They live in a compound, control the lives of their members through lots of restrictive rules, think everyone who isn't a member of their group is going to hell, sounds like a cult to me.

As for Fred's funeral I'm going to take the minority stance and say I hope there aren't any protests. As satisfying as it might feel to give the Phelps/Roper cult a taste of their own medicne it would also mean sinking to their level of being a disgusting and vile human beings.. As Dr. King said "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

So Fred's about to shuffle off this mortal coil?

Nah nah nah nah,

Nah nah nah nah,

Hey, heeeey,

Goodbye!

That is all.

Meanwhile in heaven, if you listen closely you can hear:

"I hear you knocking

But you can't come in."

That was mean, but I couldn't resist.

I love the idea of donating to the patriot guard in his name.

I also like the idea of the Patriot Guard showing up at his funeral and just revving engines noisily as people are trying to speak...

This world will be a better place without him.

To me, that is the greatest tragedy. To have lived for as long as he has and realize on your deathbed that the world is better without you. Too bad he probably has no such insight.

I wonder who will become the new "Pastor"? Even though Shirley seems to have been running things for years her vagina precludes her from speaking in church.

Off topic, but I've always found it odd that the women of WBC wear head coverings in church but aren't skirts only, in fact, aren't very modest in their dress at all.

I wonder who will become the new "Pastor"? Even though Shirley seems to have been running things for years her vagina precludes her from speaking in church.

Off topic, but I've always found it odd that the women of WBC wear head coverings in church but aren't skirts only, in fact, aren't very modest in their dress at all.

I think Shirley will change the rules to suit herself. She is clearly the boss of everybody in that family.

I think Shirley will change the rules to suit herself. She is clearly the boss of everybody in that family.

It's obvious to me that the rules of the WBC, like the rules in any other cult, are just made up on the whims of whoever is in charge. I can't see anyone but Shirley being in charge of the group. She might just use to male relative as a puppet to speak in church while pulling the strings behind the scenes.

A couple of gay rights groups are asking that no one protest Phelps' funeral, when it comes.

I think no one protesting would be the greatest statement against that evil, horrible man.

A couple of gay rights groups are asking that no one protest Phelps' funeral, when it comes.

I think no one protesting would be the greatest statement against that evil, horrible man.

I agree (although by asking people not to show up, and even by posting here, it will give WBC another excuse to cry PERSECUTION!).

I'm sorely tempted to make a donation to the local LGBT organization and say it came from WBC. They could send the acknowledgement of the donation to Shirley. 8-)

Oh the irony. Gothard exposed, and this guy near death. The evil world is taking over, and ousting all of these hateful people.

I guess he was tossed out back in June, allegedly when his Alzheimer's started to really take over. They excommunicated him and put him in a house by himself. They checked in on him to make sure he didn't kill himself or accidentally harm himself. He stopped eating and drinking last week, so he went to hospice, where he is now comfortable but comatose.

I almost feel something for ANYONE who is treated like that by his own family. He must have been confused and scared. I guess he gets what he raised his kids to be-thoughtless and hateful creatures-but the fact that they won't even take care of their own is a bit stunning.

Archived