IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell Lectures on Courtship

hoipolloi

And didn't you find his manner of speaking so like Doug Phillips'? "He laughs in the face of danger..." Like a very uptight person trying to clown around and show us heathens that Christian Reconstructionists can have a sense of humor, too! Epic fail for both of these control freaks.

Worse! He came off as so uptight. You could tell he was not amused by the constant Brantley giggles. It's also obvious how much he's aged since then. I didn't even look, how old is that video?

I do really wonder what went down with his courtship to Rachel. It's possible they just both felt it wouldn't work out between them, but I suspect (as everyone else does) that the whole family was wary of him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he hopes that his essay praising the Dugger-style courtship will win brownie points with Jim Boob. This would make it easier for him to approach the Boob about courting one of his daughters. It could be a fundie match made in heaven.

ltlkhnt.jpg

Anybody else want a go?

VncVuKV.gif

The Avenue Q song, If You Were Gay seems appropriate for this photo

"IF YOU WERE GAY

THAT'D BE OKAY.

I MEAN 'CAUSE, HEY,

I'D LIKE YOU ANYWAY.

BECAUSE YOU SEE,

IF IT WERE ME,

I WOULD FEEL FREE

TO SAY THAT I WAS GAY

(BUT I'M NOT GAY.)"

I have no idea if Darnell is gay or not but there is something unusual about him. He is living proof that his particular brand of religion make some of its members sound crazy. Also, he could be married. There is no reason that Darnell, a decent looking guy with his own business, couldn't have a wife.

I have to confess,some of the former Vision Forum interns have some mannerisms that seem like something a bad comedian would use for mocking a gay character. Most of these men are probably not gay just isolated from culture outside their narrow world. Maybe they try so hard to be 'manly' that they accidentally come off as anything but manly.

Maybe he hopes that his essay praising the Dugger-style courtship will win brownie points with Jim Boob. This would make it easier for him to approach the Boob about courting one of his daughters. It could be a fundie match made in heaven.

The Duggars view of sex is a little too earthy for someone like Darnell.

Arrgh, not Darnell again. His glory days with VF are over so he only has Perseveration!News.com to ramble about his idiot Dominionist ideas.

I wonder how well he is doing as a Life and Insurance salesman! I wish I had time today to give his latest piffle the exegesis it so richly deserves, but you all seem to have covered the high low points. Congeal! :cracking-up:

A few points though:

If he knows the Duggars so well then he should know they only have 19 children. Plus one or two in heaven depending on whether Michelle remembers to count J'Caleb.

The former problem of marriages being delayed in large part has to do with a growing number of young people who have witnessed the hard things their parents’ generation went through in their marriages. They saw the arguments, the verbal abuse, the neglect, the irresponsibility, the disharmony, and they reason that they should be in no hurry to experience similar troubles. Thus, they delay marriage until it can hope to be achieved in some kind of near utopian ideal in their own minds, and it either never happens or is delayed well into mid-life.

Perhaps Darnell is speaking from personal experience. This doesn't say much for the Godly families he supposedly hangs with. He is pushing 30, no? I think his sexual orientation is rather irrelevant. What is relevant is that he doesn't seem to succeed in relationships.

The command of God to marry was actually part of the first command given to the human race (even before the command not to eat of the Tree). (See Genesis 1:27-30; 2:18-25.)

No it wasn't.

Genesis 1:27-30

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so."

God created two genders. In the next verse God tells them to go forth and fuck have sex "be fruitful and multiply." Nothing about getting married first there. The rest is about dominion. Genesis 1:29 means god wants humans to be vegetarian "to you it shall be for meat" and 1:30 tells all living critters to eat herbs instead of meat. No carnivores allowed.

Genesis 2:18-25

"18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

Note: an help meet. Two words. A "meet" (suitable) helper and companion. Let's skip the next couple of verses because they are irrelevant and I'm getting bored.

"21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Supernatural stuff. We finally get the words Woman. And wife. No mention of marriage except to leave and cleave even though Adam had no father or mother.

"25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

Until they naughtily ate from the Tree of Knowledge and Modesty became de riguer.

And in the rest of that post he mostly quotes Paul. Paul the sexist. Oy. I'd be willing to bet that Darnell is quoting the pseudepigraphical, Deutero-Pauline or Trito-Pauline books too.

Saul of Tarsus never met Jesus but jumped onto the bandwagon with a spectacular conversion after the crucifixion. He distanced himself from the Apostles physically and in teaching style, saw himself as a superior Jew because of being a Pharisee, and extra-cultured because he was a Roman Citizen. Saul/Paul created a lot of that legalistic stuff that isn't in the teachings of the historical Jesus ...

I always wondered whether Paul was an early DPisT or BG.

:::Getting into that handbasket and heading off to hell now:::

Also, what is WITH these fundies saying "command" instead of the far more idiomatic "commandment"?! Lina did it all the time, drove me batty.

Oh, look-- it's a new episode of HBO's Looking:

vimeo.com/16989679

Just kidding; it's an allegedly hilarious blooper tape of Nathaniel Darnell and Brant "Not His Real Name 'Cuz... Well, You Know" Harris, which is way more gay than any episode of Looking.

ETA my favorite Freudian moment: Darnell saying "a real tight shot ON his face" rather than "a real tight shot OF his face."

My Gaydar went insane! Haha. Also, is that Dillon Grady kid related to Mrs. Robinson, who liked to screw all the VF interns and probably Doug himself?

ETA my favorite Freudian moment: Darnell saying "a real tight shot ON his face" rather than "a real tight shot OF his face."

My eyes blew up at the screen when he said that. Holy hell, that was hilarious!

Ohhhh, this is rich, rich, rich indeed. What a versatile guy Nathaniel is - a MANly man who bloviates at length about the need for multiple witnesses in cases of clergy sexual abuse; then tells us ALL how we should be conducting our intimate relationships. Because he, after all, has had so much firsthand experience with marriage.

Hey Nathaniel! Over here!! I was in my mid-fifties when I got married, and the whole "fruitful and multiply" thing just ain't going to happen for Mr. MtL and me - but we still "congeal" on a happily regular basis! Has your head exploded yet?? :cracking-up:

Edited to add: I think "Congealing Like Bacon Grease" would make a fine post count title. Just sayin.'

"Congealing with Nathaniel Darnell" is my new mantra

My Gaydar went insane! Haha. ....., who liked to screw all the VF interns and probably Doug himself?

We don't really use people's real names to spread unsubstantiated rumors started by TW Eston.

We don't really use people's real names to spread unsubstantiated rumors started by TW Eston.

Who is TW Easton?

" I agree Julie Anne- I mean look I run /drive by their house every single day the last few years and yes we are very blessed to live there…. Of course we pay a mortgage and taxes which they don’t . I can’t even begin to describe even the non hidden creepiness that goes on there. None of us can understand why Jim Leinenger would have given him that home much less ALL the money , which by the way why is nobody discussing Jim ? Does anyone know his position on all of this?? I haven’t spoken to Jim since they gave away the house which had previously been on the market for just under a million. They used to go to our church too until the phillipites moved to town. But I can tell you this on any given day I saw so many young unmarried girls over there ‘training’ for free . And the audacity of Beall to reign like the queen on high was apparent to everyone of the neighbors. Not to mention how’s my times I saw Mrs. Robinson’s vehicle over there when it jus so happened Beall would leave her kingdom . I go from angry to grieving to amazement at the audacity of this man and frustration that it ha taken this long to ‘come out’ . I know a poor family who got sucked into working for the ministry . He made barely over minimum wage , his wife had no car and when I went to visit her one day I realized they had no food , the babies had no cribs, they had no toys and lived in a trailer . I got women from my church to donate items to her, and when Doug found out, he made them return all items. And said I was trying to create enmity between husband and wife and she believed it. They quickly left our church. So I have been watching from the sidelines and this goes way beyond all the horror stories we already know as fact. Anyway I appreciate you allowing me to post . I’m sorry if I seem to angry. I’ve just been fed up with his bs for too long, but what do I know … I’m just ‘full of the spirit of Jezebel ‘ lol. Give me a break . Thank you for shedding light to this. I hope there are severe consequences to bring him to a heap at the cross begging forgiveness to all he has bullied and wounded and allowed to be preyed upon."

They didn't use their real name but it doesn't sound made up.

Arrgh, not Darnell again. His glory days with VF are over so he only has Perseveration!News.com to ramble about his idiot Dominionist ideas.

:lol: :cracking-up: Very good!

They didn't use their real name but it doesn't sound made up.

The woman, whose name you have used yet again, was shamed on Jen's Gems blog. Names of the victims like Mrs. Robinson, as we call her, are not used because she is not putting herself and her story out there, but is instead a woman who was plastered all over the internet for no discernible reason by Jen & TW Eston and the so called neighbor of Doug's you quoted above. There is no proof of anything except what two anonymous blog posters claim. We do not identify the name of Doug the Tool spiritual/sexual abuse victim either.

edited because I decided to be nice.

Can I ask someone to PM me? I stopped reading the Doug threads, so I don't know who the victim is or who the person the above poster is referencing to. Can someone PM me and summarize what happened? Last I heard there was brief speculation about the nanny, but that idea was dropped and nobody had come forth with information.

If not, that's cool. I would use search, but don't know what I'd be searching.

Can I ask someone to PM me? I stopped reading the Doug threads, so I don't know who the victim is or who the person the above poster is referencing to. Can someone PM me and summarize what happened? Last I heard there was brief speculation about the nanny, but that idea was dropped and nobody had come forth with information.

If not, that's cool. I would use search, but don't know what I'd be searching.

Start around in here:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 2&start=80

The woman, whose name you have used yet again, was shamed on Jen's Gems blog. Names of the victims like Mrs. Robinson, as we call her, are not used because she is not putting herself and her story out there, but is instead a woman who was plastered all over the internet for no discernible reason by Jen & TW Eston and the so called neighbor of Doug's you quoted above. There is no proof of anything except what two anonymous blog posters claim. We do not identify the name of Doug the Tool spiritual/sexual abuse victim either.

edited because I decided to be nice.

I think TW was FED that stuff by the group of people that left BCA about two years ago and it's too bad that he swallowed it whole. It does NOTHING for his journalistic credibility and everything for his lack thereof. I'm not saying some of his facts aren't right, but that smacks of being written by the BCA members that left in 2012. They were trying to use her as an issue to get to DPiaT. It was a big mess at BCA and even has been a political issue at weddings. They, being equally legalistic and holier-than-thou, fail to see some possible reasons for her behavior that would put her in a much more sympathetic light. That group I believe saw some real danger, and were trying to get to DPiaT for a number of reasons, but chose a very unfortunate leading point for their actions and were pretty weirdly foiled in their attempts, I think in part because they picked the wrong weapon to use.

All these little expert fundies on relationships who either have never had them or not for very long. I wonder if other fundies actually listen to them or do they do it for their own glorification?

Assuredly some do listen and read (still aching over the stupid comment that he allowed to be posted on his Of Men and Mega... post), but I think you really get at the primary issue in your last half. It's an ego trip and he certainly seems to be trying to fill the void, and possibly deal with his own breakup.

I have no idea if Darnell is gay or not but there is something unusual about him. He is living proof that his particular brand of religion make some of its members sound crazy. Also, he could be married. There is no reason that Darnell, a decent looking guy with his own business, couldn't have a wife.

I have to confess,some of the former Vision Forum interns have some mannerisms that seem like something a bad comedian would use for mocking a gay character. Most of these men are probably not gay just isolated from culture outside their narrow world. Maybe they try so hard to be 'manly' that they accidentally come off as anything but manly.

This, as I've said before, is the only reason I make jokes about that aspect of their affect. I don't know, suspect or care whether any of them are, in fact, gay or bisexual.

I'm firmly in the "whoever you are, it's fine with me if you're not hurting someone else" camp. Ordinarily, I'd never mock someone for mannerisms, weight, appearance, interests, etc.

But I can't help noticing (and playing with) the contrast between these guys bloviating about manly manhood and then either saying incredible double entendres or exhibiting the kind of stereotypical behavior that would be given to Franklin Pangborn in a 1930s movie:

F6V2HgYASW4

This, as I've said before, is the only reason I make jokes about that aspect of their affect. I don't know, suspect or care whether any of them are, in fact, gay or bisexual.

I'm firmly in the "whoever you are, it's fine with me if you're not hurting someone else" camp. Ordinarily, I'd never mock someone for mannerisms, weight, appearance, interests, etc.

But I can't help noticing (and playing with) the contrast between these guys bloviating about manly manhood and then either saying incredible double entendres or exhibiting the kind of stereotypical behavior that would be given to Franklin Pangborn in a 1930s movie:

F6V2HgYASW4

You nailed it, thoughtful. Can't Nathaniel hear what a prissy little fancy lad he sounds like?

1337796221-vlcsnap-2012-03-21-15h32m03s184_png_594x334_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

"That there's called a WOMAN, boy."

"I refer to them as only as ladies, sir, and since the age of one and ten years I have scrupulously avoided them!"

(By the way, Chris Elliott's character in Cabin Boy was named... wait for it... Nathanial.)

1337796221-vlcsnap-2012-03-21-15h32m03s184_png_594x334_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

"That there's called a WOMAN, boy."

"I refer to them as only as ladies, sir, and since the age of one and ten years I have scrupulously avoided them!"

(By the way, Chris Elliott's character in Cabin Boy was named... wait for it... Nathanial.)

:lol:

One of the things I love about FJ -- among us, we eventually cover cultural references from every time and place!

Oh, dear. Darnell is now an expert on courtship. W.O.W. Never had a date in his life, never kissed a woman who wasn't a relative, and he's a courtship expert because he had one that failed.

Oy.

On the Reconstructionist Theonomists FB page, after a poster named Valerie Jacobsen is kicked off for "blocking the moderator" (but really just for arguing with penised people over betrothal), Carmon Friedrich blasts Darnell: "Nathaniel Darnell, I have had kind interactions with you in the past, but I have been looking into the perverted views being promoted here, and I will not be associated with them. The treatment of godly women has been hostile and inappropriate. I am leaving the group, and if my post is deleted, then it just exposes the macho posturing for the bullying it really is. Cowards are afraid of confrontation."

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/591238620961497/?stream_ref=2

I'm pretty sure this is the same "Valerie Jacobsen" who posts on Doug Wilson's blog all the time. And Carmon, let me just say that when you lie down with dogs you're gonna get up with fleas. "Kind interactions" my patootie! You DROOLED over VF's "macho posturing" for years and years and wrote Patriarchal shit like "The Prairie Muffin Manifesto." But now, like so many others, you are feigning shock at very common Reconstructionist beliefs. LIAR!!!

Archived