IGNORED

Kim at LiaS is pregnant MERGE

Hisey

The pregnancy test was probably still dripping when they went out to buy those bags of ice. On the one hand I hope it all goes well for them on the other this must be the most stupid planned pregnancy I've ever come across.

Kim married at age 19; her oldest, now married daughter Deanna is 20 1/2. Kim is most likely 41 or 42. I believe pregnancies over 40 have an over 30% chance of miscarrying. Announcing your pregnancy to the world at less than 2 months strikes me as monumentally stupid. But I will never understand the fundy desire to be public martyrs over miscarriage.

To be fair Kim is very pragmatic for a fundie....if she miss's she'll likely post one long sad post about it and reason if God want's her to be pregnant she will be if not than not. Then she'll move on at least publicly.

Funny you should say that, Lauren Zimmerman, wife of internet beggar Tait had no idea what the reference meant on Kim's FB.

FWIW, she says she is due early November, that is announcing pretty early don't you think?

This just tickled me that she didn't get it, it wouldn't be the first time, lol....though I can't find the comment. It's very true that many of the fundies who were homeschooled don't get a lot of cultural references, but not all of us were homeschooled ;-)

The Vanilla Ice song: "Ice, ice, baby..."

ETA:

If the womb's empty, yo, I'll fill it

Check out my sperm while the BC don't kill it

Oh my god, this was the best part. I really did choke on my tea. I'm ok now.

• 1 month later...

inashoe.com/2014/04/photo-shoot/

A bit of a parody of Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" for the photo shoot to announce Kim's pregnancy.

First time poster here as well, Hello! :)

They seem to have really come a long ways. They are somewhere between fundie and fundie lite. But I respect the fact they let there children have their own personalities (music, clothes, hairstyles, etc) and they don't have a problem with unmarried girls working with non-family. I think their oldest worked at Dairy Queen for a while. But there views on birth control and homeschool/college are still hard core fundie.

Does Perry even have a job yet?

He's doing consulting work for warehouses / logistics / blah dee blah. (She posted about it a couple of months ago.) He's out of town most of the time, and it isn't a steady salary gig, but the money is pretty good.

They seem to have really come a long ways. They are somewhere between fundie and fundie lite. But I respect the fact they let there children have their own personalities (music, clothes, hairstyles, etc) and they don't have a problem with unmarried girls working with non-family. I think their oldest worked at Dairy Queen for a while. But there views on birth control and homeschool/college are still hard core fundie.

Deanna worked at Dairy Queen for a bit at the beginning of her marriage because she had nothing to do except sit around the house and wait for her man child husband to come home.

He's doing consulting work for warehouses / logistics / blah dee blah. (She posted about it a couple of months ago.) He's out of town most of the time, and it isn't a steady salary gig, but the money is pretty good.

Well, that's good at least. I was hoping they'd be done with kids, but I suppose they really are trying to even out and get more boys.

Deanna worked at Dairy Queen for a bit at the beginning of her marriage because she had nothing to do except sit around the house and wait for her man child husband to come home.

What's she doing now, BTW? SAHW?

What's she doing now, BTW? SAHW?

Not sure, it seems like her blog is down.

I just remember she ended up quitting her job at Dairy Queen fairly quickly (within a few months).

Not sure, it seems like her blog is down.

I just remember she ended up quitting her job at Dairy Queen fairly quickly (within a few months).

Well, I hope it just means she's doing other things that are interesting and not just staying at home.

While the Coghlans look like they're going lite on surface things like clothing, pop culture, exercise and Perry's constant sharing of libertarian pro pot memes on Facebook, they are still more fundie than most on the core issues - no birth control, no abortion even to save life of mother, even when baby has next to no chance of survival, extreme patriarchy and headship/submission, homeschooling, creationism, grown children at home til marriage, extreme child "training"/beating - scratch the surface and they are pure fundie.

Well, I hope it just means she's doing other things that are interesting and not just staying at home.

She seems to spend a lot of time drawing on the walls with sharpies.......

While the Coghlans look like they're going lite on surface things like clothing, pop culture, exercise and Perry's constant sharing of libertarian pro pot memes on Facebook, they are still more fundie than most on the core issues - no birth control, no abortion even to save life of mother, even when baby has next to no chance of survival, extreme patriarchy and headship/submission, homeschooling, creationism, grown children at home til marriage, extreme child "training"/beating - scratch the surface and they are pure fundie.

Her post about ectopic pregancy was a real treat to read. Doesn't matter if mom dies because of a fetus in her fallopian tube because you SAVED THAT BA...oh wait, the baby died too? Great. Super pro-life. You do you.

Archived