IGNORED

Sunshine Mary takes Schoolhouse Rock to task

snuggles911

Just when you thought it was safe to let your kids watch Saturday morning cartoons, Sunshine Mary has discovered that Schoolhouse Rock has a hidden feminist agenda: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/a-little-feminist-propaganda-with-our-saturday-morning-cartoons/

You see Schoolhouse Rock---that cartoon program that educates kids about how a bill becomes a law among other things --- now has a segment about suffrage. It includes this scandalous verse, according to SSM:

Well, sure, some men bowed down and called us “Mrs.†(Yeah!)

Let us hang the wash out and wash the dishes (Huh!)

But when the time rolled around to elect a president

What did they say, Sister (What did they say?)

They said, uh, “See you later, alligator

And don’t forget my, my mashed potatoes

Because I’m going downtown to cast my vote for presidentâ€

Oh, we were suffering until suffrage

Not a woman here could vote, no matter what age

Then the 19th Amendment struck down that restrictive rule (Oh yeah!)

And now we pull down on the lever

Cast our ballots and we endeavor

To improve our country, state, county, town, and school

As an anti-suffrage Christian, SSM thinks this is inaccurate propaganda.

Go back up and read the highlighted stanza again please. That’s not exactly a neutral set of lyrics there, is it? It would have been one thing to teach children the history of the 19th Amendment in a song. It’s another thing altogether to disseminate feminist propaganda to unsuspecting parents’ children over sugary cereal and Scoobie Do.

And were women really “suffering†before female suffrage? Can anyone name even one way that women were truly suffering before that has been cured by voting? How have women used their votes, anyway?

Given that she claims she doesn't own a television her 5 daughters are unlikely to see the cartoon. I'm sure she's happy about that. :(

Just when you thought it was safe to let your kids watch Saturday morning cartoons, Sunshine Mary has discovered that Schoolhouse Rock has a hidden feminist agenda: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/a-little-feminist-propaganda-with-our-saturday-morning-cartoons/

You see Schoolhouse Rock---that cartoon program that educates kids about how a bill becomes a law among other things --- now has a segment about suffrage. It includes this scandalous verse, according to SSM:

As an anti-suffrage Christian, SSM thinks this is inaccurate propaganda.

Given that she claims she doesn't own a television her 5 daughters are unlikely to see the cartoon. I'm sure she's happy about that. :(

One: Women's paychecks belonged to their husbands, who could spend them on anything they chose (see also slavery)

Two: Women who entered marriage with property could lose control of the property, including no longer owning it at the death of a husband.

Three: Women who fled a bad marriage could be charged with theft for the clothing on their backs if their husband called the cops on them, and the women could be jailed.

What is horrible is that more "normal" people are complaining about women voting, lately. It makes me sick when I think of it...

Did SSM just discover Schoolhouse Rock or something? "Sufferin' til Suffrage" was released in 1976 as part of SHR's series in commemoration of the nation's bicentennial. Why is she talking about it now? I guess the evils of feminism are always relevant, or something?

Get your MRA sympathizing stank off my childhood, Shitstain! Next she'll be going after The Muppet Show and Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids.

I went to see what her "fans" had to say, and it looks like she closed comments. Whaddup with that?

Get your MRA sympathizing stank off my childhood, Shitstain! Next she'll be going after The Muppet Show and Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids.

I went to see what her "fans" had to say, and it looks like she closed comments. Whaddup with that?

That bitch better not fuck with the Muppets. I loved the Muppets when I was little girl and I still enjoy them today.

Comments are closed for Lent. She had a post up telling you where to donate your money when you felt inspired to comment on her blog, but it looks like she deleted it.

"That’s not exactly a neutral set of lyrics there, is it?"

Yes, it is. The idea that women deserve voting rights just as much as men do is a long-standing, well-established fact in American society and is only considered "propaganda" by f*cking freaks like you.

Happy to clear that up for you, Shit-stain!

Did SSM just discover Schoolhouse Rock or something? "Sufferin' til Suffrage" was released in 1976 as part of SHR's series in commemoration of the nation's bicentennial. Why is she talking about it now? I guess the evils of feminism are always relevant, or something?

If you read the entire blog entry, she seems to think the Suffrage cartoon is new, an example of how evil feminists are trying to corrupt your children.

If you read the entire blog entry, she seems to think the Suffrage cartoon is new, an example of how evil feminists are trying to corrupt your children.

Well, that's pretty stupid. The video is very obviously a second-wave look at first-wave achievements, right down to the Wonder Woman-inspired imagery.

It would be nice if she could learn how to correctly spell Scooby Doo. No Scooby Snacks for her!

Why is it that so many fundies have difficulty with very basic spelling?

Fuck, it bothers me so much. The majority of them write like primary schoolers, yet crow loudly about their own superior intellect.

This narcissist right here. It's so typical- she thinks suffrage is bad so expects a song for children to treat it as "neutral". Do you know what I expect children's entertainment to treat as neutral? Religion. But I don't always get my way and neither do you.

Screw you, SSM. Schoolhouse Rock is the shit.

Truer words were never spoken.

*starts singing:

I'm just a bill.

I'm just a bill.

Sittin' here on Capitol Hill...*

That bitch better not fuck with the Muppets. I loved the Muppets when I was little girl and I still enjoy them today.

I am sure she will get there eventually when it dawns on her that Miss Piggy is an evil feminist who has ambitions and isn't a proper helpmeet.

I also hope she doesn't fuck with the Muppets. I still love them as an adult and I plan to take my nephew to see the new movie next week.

Oh for Christ's sake, Mary. Schoolhouse Rock stopped airing in 1999 [http]

I also hope she doesn't fuck with the Muppets. I still love them as an adult and I plan to take my nephew to see the new movie next week.

I can't lie, though. I'd love to see her (and other fundies') reaction to Sam the Eagle. Would they get the satire involved?

I am sure she will get there eventually when it dawns on her that Miss Piggy is an evil feminist who has ambitions and isn't a proper helpmeet.

Oh, and engages in bestiality, because of her relationship with Kermit. And let's see if she queefs out some garbage about the "true" nature of Statler and Waldorf's relationship, after all two old queens sitting up in the balcony heckling everybody. :character-kermit:

I can't lie, though. I'd love to see her (and other fundies') reaction to Sam the Eagle. Would they get the satire involved?

We know how literal they would take him, since we can view how they have taken his human counterpart, Stephen Colbert. I now need a version of Sam the Eagle and Colbert doing a version of, "Am I a man, or a Muppet of a man". Please, someone hear that plea ;)

Not to mention the inter-species relationship ;)

Archived