IGNORED

Cinnamon Roll Recipe?

Mela99

I'm in the mood for cinnamon rolls not from a can.

Does anybody have a good recipe? Cream cheese frosting is a must.

Alton Brown has a tasty recipe. It's easy to find on the food network site.

There's a variation with ginger instead of cinnamon that is freakin' amazing.

one little trick I learned from my wife's mom poor some milk over the top before they are done to really makes them moist. not a lot just so they get wet. get some good cinnamon from penzies makes a huge difference and takes far less.

Just thinking about cinnamon from Penzie's twangs my taste buds! I wish we had a store locally.

Just thinking about cinnamon from Penzie's twangs my taste buds! I wish we had a store locally.

we used to have to rode from them now we have a store 1 mile away.

Still mail order for me. I just put in an order for curry, saffron, chili 3000 and peppercorns. I keep a bag of their cinnamon sticks in the freezer. I use those in savory dishes and grind them for sweets. There really is no company that comes close to Penzey's in quality.

and the price it is pretty good too for the most part. the fox point seasoning is really good on eggs and such but it is pretty spend too. 10.00 a bottle I think.

• 3 months later...

Mela99, how did they turn out?

The Taste of Home overnight one is pretty good too... it's one my mom and grandma usually make when they have the time. A trick from my grandma is to roll the dough super thin so that the finished layers have a lot of filling, and toasting the pecans for the top before using them.

Couldn't access the TOH one without a membership but here's a blog that has it: thefrugalgirl.com/2010/04/wednesday-baking-overnight-cinnamon-rolls-with-cream-cheese-frosting/

Late to the party, but I second AB's recipe. I've also made Billowy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls from the Fresh Loaf site, but it was a 3-day project. I would make them Christmas & Easter before we discovered Miss GG's wheat allergy.

Archived