IGNORED

The Seppis Answer A Question

debrand

The Seppis answer this question, "I think I like a guy, what should I do?" Their answer, fast, pray and read Rushdoony.

Pray that God would bless this young man with a godly, faithful, loving wife (even if it isn't you) who will do him good and not evil all the days of her life

No thank you.

For a long time my father said, Melody, you should write, read Rushdoony, practice piano, lose 10 lb...

You are sad and depressed that a man you like isn't interested in you and your dad's advise is to lose 10 lbs? Your dad is a jerk.

Don't get in the way of what God is doing with this man, no matter how much you desire to marry him, and think you “deserve†him. He is God's man with covenant obligations and a mission to accomplish (Gen. 1:28, Matt. 28:18-20). God is the only infallible matchmaker and He's about the business of advancing His kingdom and glorifying Himself. Remember, men have great responsibilities and corresponding temptations. Pray for them. Pray that God preserves them from the pit of the immoral woman (Prov. 22:14).

:shock: I found a new tag line...pit of the immoral woman.

This article breaks my heart for Melody. She must have a very negative view of herself and women in general. I can't imagine what it must be like to view yourself as someone who simply waits and accepts whatever happens to you in life. She can't take action or flirt with the man because she would be interfering with what god might want in that young man's life.All she can do is sit, wait and smile.

How can her parents not view this type of thinking as harmful to her?

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

It is sad and yet they marry off their children way more than the other fundies we snark on. I find them to be craziest out of all of them, their views are so extreme and Melody seems lovely. She is only 20 but obviously wants to be married based on that answer....

Oh, so that's how I wound up an unbeliever. :o After all, many years ago a godly young man asked my mum (!), if I would be interested in joining his Bible studies group. Mum politely said she'd ask me. The guy was the sort, who refused to talk to me in my capacity as a shop assistant, and then he wanted me to join his study group? I left it to my mum to tone down my answer, because she was too polite to repeat what I had said.

Now, it is obvious to me that this is where my walk with Christianity went wrong. Had that young man just prayed for me, I might be a mightily godly woman these days. Instead, he inserted himself in Christ's path for me, and now I am in a pit of immoral women. Weep for me!

Oh, wait. I think I got that wrong, and the young man did right, and I was the one getting irritated by his behaviour towards me, which was probably ungodly, so I was the ungodly one to start with. All's well again. Rejoice with me! Pit of immoral women, you got me back. :)

(True story, about the guy, I mean. He was creepy. And I certainly didn't appreciate him asking mum, instead of talking to me!)

The Seppis answer this question, "I think I like a guy, what should I do?" Their answer, fast, pray and read Rushdoony.

No thank you.

You are sad and depressed that a man you like isn't interested in you and your dad's advise is to lose 10 lbs? Your dad is a jerk.

This article breaks my heart for Melody. She must have a very negative view of herself and women in general. I can't imagine what it must be like to view yourself as someone who simply waits and accepts whatever happens to you in life. She can't take action or flirt with the man because she would be interfering with what god might want in that young man's life.All she can do is sit, wait and smile.

Okay first of all the bolded is just laughable to me. Maybe because the word infalliable and God I do not think should go together. I mean after all how many of you have heard the lovely line the old testament is filled with God messing things up. Also the whole God needs all these foot soldiers to glorify him, but the devil has no need for foot soldiers, but he is suppose to be the less powerful one. Then again God did create the conditions to have a devil and thereby creating the nemesis to himself the hero. Okay sorry side rant there. Plus how does one explain couples who didn't meet through "God the match maker," who were agnostic/atheist but later become religious. Can I also say great quick analysis of what was wrong with the anser.

No thank you.

My heart breaks for her, not because she hasn't found a man, but because her father is a raging asshole. My father would chop off his arm before he told one of his daughters she needed to change in order to find a husband. I fear the type of man Melody does end up marrying with the example her father is setting.

I'll have you know that a few men have been lucky enough the end up in the pit of this immoral woman, and they LIKED it, thank you very much!

I want to break her out of the hellhole she's in and have her live with me a while and learn that she shouldn't ever feel like she has to lose weight and wait until someone things she's good enough.

Is it just me, or does Megan remind anyone else of George Michael Bluth's GF, Ann?

Egg?

I mean, Her?

What an awful way to live.

BTW, when one gets to the pit of the immoral woman, does one see a sign?

9i5Xmtm.jpg

Thoughtful, if we met, would you be as funny as you are online or do you save all your humor for this forum? :lol:

Thoughtful, if we met, would you be as funny as you are online or do you save all your humor for this forum? :lol:

Aw, thanks.

In everyday life, I am very, very solemn. Really. I . . . :) :D :lol: :laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling:

Actually, I don't know if others find me funny -- I just like to amuse myself by letting my weird mind go where it will.

Aw, thanks.

In everyday life, I am very, very solemn. Really. I . . . :) :D :lol: :laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling:

Actually, I don't know if others find me funny -- I just like to amuse myself by letting my weird mind go where it will.

In all honesty, this is way too modest on Thoughtful's part. I must give a reality check.

In real life, Thoughtful is incredibly funny. One of the fastest wits I have ever met. Shockingly funny! I abase myself in front of her humor. :D

The Seppis had a lively debate about infant baptism today on their Facebook.....hmmm looks like they deleted it. They're pro infant baptism, believe its necessary to fulfill your covenant with god, that children of believers are set apart and holy, and a lot of people disagreed that it was necessary since typically baptists believe in baptism when the child is old enough to make that decision.

In all honesty, this is way too modest on Thoughtful's part. I must give a reality check.

In real life, Thoughtful is incredibly funny. One of the fastest wits I have ever met. Shockingly funny! I abase myself in front of her humor. :D

Aw, cut that out.

:embarrassed:

I guess it would be more accurate to say that, whether others find me funny or not, the real reason I say and write these things is that my mind just works that way.

It's a family thing -- most of us have minds that either go around the corner to some weird place, or constantly make associations and connections.

Luckily, my parents were very patient when that led to my brother and I going through an "everything's a song cue" phase that was so strong that we burst into song virtually every time we were addressed! :lol:

The Seppis had a lively debate about infant baptism today on their Facebook.....hmmm looks like they deleted it. They're pro infant baptism, believe its necessary to fulfill your covenant with god, that children of believers are set apart and holy, and a lot of people disagreed that it was necessary since typically baptists believe in baptism when the child is old enough to make that decision.

For me, they can believe in the baptism of infants if they want, just as long they no longer try to promote the idea that an herbal remedy will cure an anaphylactic reaction in someone over the use of an Epi pen.

I'm thinking of the thread that was posted awhile back where one of the Seppis insisted that some kind of tincture was superior to an Epinephrine pen in treating an anaphylactic reaction. Pissed me off to no end because I witnessed this very response in a ten month old, and I guarantee that her snake oil concoction would not have saved the life of that sweet baby boy in time. Apparently, the Seppi that put up the post got offended and took it down because people were criticizing her ignorance - good.

(And while we're on the subject of Thoughtful's wittiness, I believe she was the one who cleverly coined the moniker "No Epi Seppi" in the same thread) :wink-kitty:

I finally have a location on my profile!

I love it!

And now I know what that tickle in my axilla is -- it's you! :lol:

Yes, R&M, I did come up with "no-epi Seppi," and have to say I was happy with that one, and with the fact that people shot her down for that.

Having worked in an elementary school where we all had to know how to use an epi-pen, and which children needed them, I know better. That "oooooh, natural is better 'cause I say so" crap made me burn, too.

Archived