IGNORED

Let's hate on Non-Proverbs 31/UnGodly Women

0 kids n not countin

l am getting the impression from reading these responses that all us ungodly women are not exactly the same! It's like our lives are somehow our own which we live in all sorts of various different ways. I am not sure the same can be said for your average Proverbs fair lady.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops, I'm apparently falling behind on my affairs, divorces and abortions. Gotta get cracking! :roll:

I am really slacking too. I guess I should tell Mr. No to forget about our upcoming 30th anniversary since I should really get a divorce and so then I can work on getting those next one or two divorces. Ummm, ok.

Its only March. You can make up for them by doubling up for the rest of the year.

I am menopausal so can't make it, but thanks for the invite. It's the thought that counts.

My pet peeve is Catholic fundie blogs and the heartlessness and stupidity of some of their remarks simple leave me speechless. They're in a similar vein as the anti-modern-women rant quoted above.

All about how the "ungodly" modern woman wants to put her children in daycare because she's neglectful, how she sleeps around, how she has divorce after divorce, how there's no such thing as rape in a Catholic marriage, it's just the poor man trying to get his wife to behave in godly ways, how children born through fertility treatments are not quite as much "creatures of god" as the others, that kind of awfulness.

I just don't understand:

- are these people incredibly sheltered? When I consider the women I know, they aren't much into painted Jezebel-ing at all and actually they don't eat their babies raw for breakfast either. They're quite normal - don't the fundie people realize this? Don't they actually KNOW normal people? Or

- are they just incredibly malicious and evil? Do they enjoy being holier-than-thou? Do they need to have someone to look down on? Or

- are they just blind and stupid?

I simply do not understand this mindset. Who ARE these people?

My husband, a cradle Catholic, has little experience with fundies. I read this to him last night. His first response:

"Take out the whole abortion, divorce, affairs thing, and those are all good things to be". Followed by "And women are not supposed to have opinions? What is that?"

I explained that a good submissive fundy wife always agrees with her husband's opinions. Answer: "So a good fundy wife is supposed to be boring and act stupid?"

He sounds like a great guy. Now everyone will want to have affairs (followed by abortions) with him, so ya might want to pray a hedge o' protection around him or something.

Well, what I want to know is does having three grapevines count as a vineyard, and does that cancel out the cleaning service or am I still a good harlot and stuff?

I'm an evil career woman. Yay! Even worse, I'm a manager who manages mostly men. I feel like a failure though because my kid isn't in daycare. But, my husband is a stay at home dad and my kid does go to preschool. Is that enough to get my harlot card?

I'm an evil career woman. Yay! Even worse, I'm a manager who manages mostly men. I feel like a failure though because my kid isn't in daycare. But, my husband is a stay at home dad and my kid does go to preschool. Is that enough to get my harlot card?

Please pin a red "A" to whatever you're wearing, so the godly[tm][/tm] people will know to avoid you. :mrgreen:

Living what would be considered an acceptable virtuous woman's life by their standards cost me my health, put way too much weight on me, and will likely shorten my lifespan. So, I think I'll stick with the harlotry since at least I not only get to clam my brain but I get to put some value in *me* and have a chance to live longer by treating the conditions I was guilted and pressured to ignore in fundiedom. My doctors already aren't happy with how much irreversible damage that life has caused me, and my DH doesn't want to think about what the long-term implications are going to be.

There's a reason those women drop dead at a faster pace than other women. It sucks the life out of them.

Somehow, my family hasn't gone to hell in a handbasket just because I decided I was worth something TOO.

The only part of that paragraph I agree with is that cold cereal is an abomination and makes the baby Jesus weep. Other than that, what working mother has the time for tanning, the gym AND affairs? I barely have time to manage my coiffure.

You've never had Greek yogurt with honey and granola then. SO GOOD. I want some right now. Why is it not in my mouth at this very moment?

Oh right. I'm at work. Where 2 out of 3 of the people I manage are men. Never divorced (still deliriously happy with my husband since 2003/boyfriend since 1993) (yes, he was glacial on proposing), never aborted because never pregnant (and never will be!). Other than that, most of the description is accurate. And I am very happy with my life. How many fundies can honestly say the same?

Archived