IGNORED

The Mallys Ruin St. Patrick's Day

GeoBQn

The thing about Patrick being "English" is that "English" didn't exist at that point. It's like saying the painters of the caves at Lascaux were French.

Yep, another SOTDR fail. I think the Mally's like to use that line as they believe all people of Irish ancestry hate the English.

Tomorrow I'm going to start preparing my Car Bomb Cupcakes...so I make Guinness chocolate cupcakes, and then I inject them with a Jameson ganache, and then frost with a Bailey's buttercream. That is how I like to celebrate my St. Patrick's Day!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the blog link Trynn, it's very interesting!

I had no idea St. Patricks Day parades were so common, now I want to find the closest one and take my grand kids. There is a little bit of Irish descent along with about 10 other nationalities in our California mix.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the Mallys ruining St. Patricks day this year.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=12455

There were also two girls sitting on a bench listening. After a few minutes they joined in and all four asked question after question … making the conversation go on and on. The girls were resistant initially, but began to warm up as their arguments were lovingly refuted. [smile]

As we left, the guys thanked my dad warmly. “Thank you SO much,†they told him.

These teens had a lot of real questions. They were acting silly and argumentative, but only on the surface. They were laughing and having fun, just as we were. But they were also learning a lot. That is something they didn’t expect, but appreciated!

If Christians don’t get into talks with unbelievers, how will our world ever hear Biblical answers? They apparently don’t hear them anywhere else, and so they think there aren’t any answers.

What a privilege to be involved in their lives.

I tried to celebrate St Patrick's day... Then our friend had a siezure. Party over before it even started.

Said friend is ok. He gets them semi frequently and they're not grand mal, so it wasn't like he needed a trip to the hospital or anything, but it kind of just... Wasn't the same after that.

First time I've ever seen someone sizes, despite having worked on an ambulance. It was one of be scariest thins I've ever seen :(

Those cupcakes sound wonderful

They do sound wonderful and yummy don't they?

Peas n carrots, this sounds like a good recipe to post over on the Food sub forum.

A relative of mine liked an article about how St. Patrick was actually a Baptist and the evil Catholic church have desecrated his memory by convincing people he was Catholic. I thought of the Mallys when I read it. It seems right up their alley.

A relative of mine liked an article about how St. Patrick was actually a Baptist and the evil Catholic church have desecrated his memory by convincing people he was Catholic. I thought of the Mallys when I read it. It seems right up their alley.

Ah, yes, that would be the Baptist Church of 432. There was then a bit of a gap until 1609 when it all started up again. Those silly catholics!

I have a friend who posted about how pissed she is that gay people were participating in a St. Patrick's Day parade in Chicago because he wouldn't approve of gay people. I told her that since St. Patrick is credited with abolishing Paganism in Ireland (the snakes are Pagans), that what he hated most as non-Christians. So if she wants to get mad at anyone participating, get mad at atheists who participate in St. Patrick's Day events. She replied that she's mad at non-Christians too who participate. I told here brb, I was on my way to a parade and I'd be sure to drink a beer for her, and I hope St. Paddy doesn't try whomping my atheist ass for it.

All these Christians who are pissed about hate-holidays (really, celebrating destruction of another religion is awful) being taken over by non-Christians can STFU and stop celebrating Christmas, Easter, and every other holiday that started as a way to take over non-Christian holidays.

Ah, yes, that would be the Baptist Church of 432. There was then a bit of a gap until 1609 when it all started up again. Those silly catholics!

Well, these are the same people who claim to be able to trace the Baptist church back to Jesus, so they are living in a different reality than the rest of us.

Archived