IGNORED

PBS Documentary "The Amish: Shunned"

mrs

I was checking out the PBS website today and noticed the documentary called "The Amish: Shunned."

You can watch it online here: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365167007/

But sadly, the video expires tomorrow.

(I did a search and did not see the video posted. There are so many documentaries about the Amish I have a hard time differentiating. Feel free to delete if this is not new.)

This is a great documentary, as is the first American Experience program on the Amish. This film presents a balanced view on Amish shunning, including a young woman who's family has cut off all contact and another woman who left home to to go to nursing school and remains very close with her family and community. This doc also includes several interview segments with Saloma Furlong, who has written two fascinating books about her experience in leaving the Amish.

This is a great documentary, as is the first American Experience program on the Amish. This film presents a balanced view on Amish shunning, including a young woman who's family has cut off all contact and another woman who left home to to go to nursing school and remains very close with her family and community. This doc also includes several interview segments with Saloma Furlong, who has written two fascinating books about her experience in leaving the Amish.

I saw the documentary also. I too thought it was good. Didn't realize that woman wrote 2 books. I'll have look them up.

• 1 year later...

Archived