IGNORED

Debi Pearl's Surgery

geeklove

From Debi Pearl's Facebook page:

To my beloved Facebook family and friends, THANK YOU! Because of your loving gifts, I have plans to be fixed ASAP (or at least my neck will be fixed).

Anyone who knows me well, can tell you for the last 25 years I have sat where I can balance my head against something or hold it with my hands. Soon and very soon I will be a FREE sitting being!

Thank you for making this possible. It makes me cry every time I think of you all and your generosity!

THANK YOU,

~Debi~

I checked the No Greater Joy website and she's had her surgery. Apparently the surgery was $40,000 and at least $21,000 was raised per the updates: nogreaterjoy.org/2013/12/05/needing-a-helping-hand/

Am I the only one that finds it disturbing that she had to have others fund her surgery? Her methods result in incredibly successful children, but her kids couldn't pull their vast resources together to pay for surgery? She has a MANLY(per the language that she and Michael use constantly) husband who is supposed to be an ultimate provider and he can't provide her with health insurance? And he has let her live like this for 25 years?

They are building a new home-I know they are doing a lot of the work themselves but it still isn't cheap. Plus, Mike has tractors and other equipment couldn't he have sold some to help pay for this? What happened to women and children first?

So. Many. Questions.

She had to hold her head up with her hands?!

According to her. Debi and Michael both have a history of exaggerating.

She had to hold her head up with her hands?!

Probably because Michael Pearl never let her hold her head up without his permission--chronic abasement weakens the spine as well as the character.

too bad it was not a heart replacement. They have no insurance but rake in over 1mil each year. What happened to being responsible for yourself?

too bad it was not a heart replacement. They have no insurance but rake in over 1mil each year. What happened to being responsible for yourself?

Remember when Michael said we don't need Social Security because families take care of each other?

True Rebel, I'm not sure but she may have a nerve impinged. She probably can hold her head up but not without pain.

From Debi Pearl's Facebook page:

I checked the No Greater Joy website and she's had her surgery. Apparently the surgery was $40,000 and at least $21,000 was raised per the updates: nogreaterjoy.org/2013/12/05/needing-a-helping-hand/

Am I the only one that finds it disturbing that she had to have others fund her surgery? Her methods result in incredibly successful children, but her kids couldn't pull their vast resources together to pay for surgery? She has a MANLY(per the language that she and Michael use constantly) husband who is supposed to be an ultimate provider and he can't provide her with health insurance? And he has let her live like this for 25 years?

They are building a new home-I know they are doing a lot of the work themselves but it still isn't cheap. Plus, Mike has tractors and other equipment couldn't he have sold some to help pay for this? What happened to women and children first?

So. Many. Questions.

The Pearls are not poor. A 2010 Salon article reported that No Greater Joy brought in over a million dollars in sales

The teachings of the Pearls and their Tennessee-based No Greater Joy ministry, which brought in $1.8 million last year in sales of books, DVDs and the like, are widely known and normalized across many conservative Christian churches and home-schooling communities.

salon.com/2010/02/23/no_greater_joy/

The family has enough money to pay for Debi's health insurance. The fact that they haven't thought that she was important enough to do so says something very negative about how they view her and probably most women. What the men want-new toys-is more important then the women that are supposed to be under male protection. Women are just supposed to suck it up and smile. I am sure that she provided him with sexual services while she patiently waited 25 years for pain relief. If any Pearl reads here, the fact that your mom was in pain for so long and you did nothing about it makes you assholes.

Not a brain transplant then :(

Surely she doesn't need donations, she can easily afford surgery with all the money they make from books and stuff. Just because her husband looks like a meth addict who lives behind a dumpster and yells at pigeons, doesn't mean they are poor.

I don't think it's about not being willing to pay for insurance, I think they are against participating in something that pays for evil heathen things like birth control and abortions.

I don't think it's about not being willing to pay for insurance, I think they are against participating in something that pays for evil heathen things like birth control and abortions.

yes so then pay out of your pocket for medical why should others have to support your faith? they are scammers and monsters those christians that love to rip off other Christians.

Hasn't Mike had several health issues i.e. heart attacks, etc? How did they afford that? It ALMOST makes me feel sorry for Sociopath Debi[tm][/tm]

And I have to snark on the fact that she couldn't be cured with herbs and chiropractors. (Side eye to Shoshanna)

NGJ's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/NoGreaterJoyMi ... n=timeline) solicited funds for neck surgery for Debi because NGJ stopped providing medical insurance for its employees, apparently including Mike & Debi.

Because of the extreme benevolence of friends that are concerned for Debi's health, she is finally going to get the surgery that is needed to fix her neck! Debi is profoundly grateful and humbled by all who have already given to her medical needs. Debi has degenerative bones in her neck that has needed surgery for several years but she didn’t want to take the time or spend the money to get it fixed. NGJ dropped medical insurance coverage for its employees due to the escalating cost so Debi is without medical insurance. The needed operation will cost $40,000. Friends of hers have contributed about $11,000 toward the needed amount.

Both Mike and Debi take a very modest salary from NGJ and made a decision years ago to not take royalties from the sale of their books. All of the money earned goes back into the many NGJ ministries such as Good and Evil language project, military ministry, prison ministry, etc. This post is for your information only; it is not part of NGJ. If you would like to donate money to her medical fund you can do so through PayPal, use this email address to do so: debipearlsmedicalfund@gmail.com. By check: write and mail to: Debi Pearl, 1000 Pearl Rd. Pleasantville, TN 37033.

[emphasis added]

Yes, they're assholes. What else can you say?

Hasn't Mike had several health issues i.e. heart attacks, etc? How did they afford that? It ALMOST makes me feel sorry for Sociopath Debi[tm][/tm]

And I have to snark on the fact that she couldn't be cured with herbs and chiropractors. (Side eye to Shoshanna)

Off topic...

Geek Love! One of my all-time favourite books, and not unrelated to discussions of religion and cult-like organizations. Great username!

Off topic...

Geek Love! One of my all-time favourite books, and not unrelated to discussions of religion and cult-like organizations. Great username!

Yay! Let us rejoice in our Geek Love geekiness! Verily.

For far less than the cost of the surgery she could have gotten insurance now that the evil ACA is in effect. Their followers do not engage brain cells.

Probably because Michael Pearl never let her hold her head up without his permission--chronic abasement weakens the spine as well as the character.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Just because her husband looks like a meth addict who lives behind a dumpster and yells at pigeons, doesn't mean they are poor.

post count title! so much more realism than "dances with wolves" :lol:

post count title! so much more realism than "dances with wolves" :lol:

My favorite is looks like a "homeless werewolf."

That had me laughing for days.

Call me a bitch, but I don't care if it's successful or not. She has brought pain to the lives of countless children. If karma has chosen to bite her in the ass, so much the better imo.

40K to remove Michael's boot from her neck? Any of us would have done that for free.

Archived