IGNORED

Too Many Siblings

Ralar

I normally don't watch MTV, but I was flipping channels and came across a show called "Real Life." The episode I am watching is about a NON-FUNDY young adult woman who has 16 or 17 siblings. She said she never came home during college because life at home was chaos. After graduation she was forced to move home until she found a job.

Next featured is a 17 yo girl with 14 siblings and divorced parents.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/truelife/episo ... eID=178572

I've seen that one!! I think the college graduate girl had 9 or 10 siblings. I felt soo bad for her cause she had to come home & deal w/ them.

I remember that too. The family lived in Pennsylvania, but the parents worked in New York City and had an apartment there that they lived in Monday through Friday. They hired the oldest daughter as a nanny after college because she couldn't find a job. Her teenage brothers refused to help her at all. She intended to do the nannying until she could get another job, but because she was the only legal guardian in the house 5 days of the week, she had no time for a job search. Even if she had managed to get an interview, she wouldn't have been able to leave the house to go to it because there was no one else to watch the kids.

I also saw that True Life episode when it first aired. I felt bad for Mary in Pennsylvania. Camille's family didn't seem as a chaotic. The other older siblings were helpful and the mother of that family seemed very appreciative of Camille.

I also saw that True Life episode when it first aired. I felt bad for Mary in Pennsylvania. Camille's family didn't seem as a chaotic. The other older siblings were helpful and the mother of that family seemed very appreciative of Camille.

Noticed that too & I agree w/ what u say.

I remember that too. The family lived in Pennsylvania, but the parents worked in New York City and had an apartment there that they lived in Monday through Friday. They hired the oldest daughter as a nanny after college because she couldn't find a job. Her teenage brothers refused to help her at all. She intended to do the nannying until she could get another job, but because she was the only legal guardian in the house 5 days of the week, she had no time for a job search. Even if she had managed to get an interview, she wouldn't have been able to leave the house to go to it because there was no one else to watch the kids.

She was made her siblings' legal guardians? :o WTF?

She was made her siblings' legal guardians? :o WTF?

You sometimes need to have an older siblings ( or other family member ) as one of the legal guardians if there are going to be notes signed for school, medical appointments etc. and the parents aren't available. Usually it isn't a big deal involving court.

Two of our girls ended up living in a different town for a year when one was 17 and the other was 18 . The 18 year old was technically the 17 year olds guardian, but if big issues came up we were of course involved.

You sometimes need to have an older siblings ( or other family member ) as one of the legal guardians if there are going to be notes signed for school, medical appointments etc. and the parents aren't available. Usually it isn't a big deal involving court.

Two of our girls ended up living in a different town for a year when one was 17 and the other was 18 . The 18 year old was technically the 17 year olds guardian, but if big issues came up we were of course involved.

There are other issues here, but that's not really that strange. My parents were looking for jobs and if my brother had wanted to stay and finish high school here, either my sister or I might have been appointed guardians for him as he was a minor. Obviously, my parents were still his parents, but for the little things that might come up we could take care of them as necessary.

• 3 years later...

I can relate and feel bad for the college girl who didn't go home because her home life was chaotic. I come from a home with too many siblings, and so when I come home from college I get constant anxiety attacks from the sheer amount of noise. 

Archived