IGNORED

Bathing Attire and Scott Brown

debrand

He could have saved himself some words, because it's quite simple:

If you own the whole lake, make whatever rules you want.

If you just own a stretch of shore, make whatever rules you want for your property, and deal with the fact that you can't control what others wear on the lake itself.

If you don't own anything but just live near the lake, suck it up. Dress however you think it's appropriate to dress, and deal with the fact that others will do the same. If it bothers you that much, find a deserted beach or buy your own property or find like-minded people who have already bought lakefront property for modest bathing (yes, such places exist).

Most fundies don't like images of Jesus on the cross because they are "too Catholic". It was also explained to me when I taught at fundy-lite school that Catholics have crucifixes because they don't believe in the resurrection. :? Still not sure what we are doing at Catholic church on Easter in light of that.

Ah, I just exposed myself as an unsaved, hell-bound Catholic. :shock:

Of course, men never watched women and girls before the swimsuit was invented. :angry-banghead:

Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by.

As far as I know, the lake he refers to is part of his property. So he can make any rules he likes. He can't tell people what to wear at the public beaches, but he CAN control his wandering eyes and his choice to visit one. Idiot.

I wonder what all those grandchildren of his wear at the lake?

My husband and I went on a local tour of a house that the Rockefellers owned here in NC. It was a beautiful, old fashioned home hidden in a forest with a lake in front of the house. The guide told us that that holly trees were planted as shrubs to shield the lake from the view of visitors who might drive up to the house. Apparently, the family liked to swim in the nude and didn't want to alarm people who might not be so open minded.

I just found the comparison between Scott Brown's views on swimsuits funny compared to the Rockefellers.

Tobias wore a Speedo OVER his cut-offs. Is that allowed?

NO! Didn't you listen - Scott said no speedos. It's shirts only for men. Naked from the waist down. Lol.

He could have saved himself some words, because it's quite simple:

If you own the whole lake, make whatever rules you want.

If you just own a stretch of shore, make whatever rules you want for your property, and deal with the fact that you can't control what others wear on the lake itself.

If you don't own anything but just live near the lake, suck it up. Dress however you think it's appropriate to dress, and deal with the fact that others will do the same. If it bothers you that much, find a deserted beach or buy your own property or find like-minded people who have already bought lakefront property for modest bathing (yes, such places exist).

The problem with Scott Brown and his ilk, is they want to control what everyone in the USofA does. They want dominionist politicians in place who will enforce what people wear. Th

I find what he says utterly laughable. Yes some people go around in tube tops and mini skirts, but at least where I live the vast majority of women don't. It isn't practical to work out in a jean skirt and blouse when working out - I find this comment most laughable, because I can't think of anything less sexy than my damp clothes, sweat slicked hair and red face after a workout :lol:

NO! Didn't you listen - Scott said no speedos. It's shirts only for men. Naked from the waist down. Lol.

Exactly how I want to imagine Sippy and Mister David Brown... :shock:

The problem with Scott Brown and his ilk, is they want to control what everyone in the USofA does. They want dominionist politicians in place who will enforce what people wear. Th

I find what he says utterly laughable. Yes some people go around in tube tops and mini skirts, but at least where I live the vast majority of women don't. It isn't practical to work out in a jean skirt and blouse when working out - I find this comment most laughable, because I can't think of anything less sexy than my damp clothes, sweat slicked hair and red face after a workout :lol:

Why do fundies think that all non-fundies people are engaged in a non-stop blur of sex, drugs, and music with a strong beat? Most people spend so much time working and doing other day to day chores that they don't have time to do anything else, much less engage in an orgy.

Also, how does Scott Brown explain why countries like India, Iran, and Egypt, where most of the women dress very conservatively, have so much sexual harrassment and rape? I'm sure he'd say it's because they follow "heathen" religions, but I don't see how he could claim that a woman dressed head to toe in a niqab is "asking for it."

To whoever asked what Scotty's grandkids wear at the lake -- Kelly or Peter's now-deleted FB page showed the 3 older Bradrick grandboys in shorts and sleeved t's and their sister in a typical tops & bottoms romper heading to the beach.

BTW,why do we so seldom see photos of Bradrick grandchild #5?

To whoever asked what Scotty's grandkids wear at the lake -- Kelly or Peter's now-deleted FB page showed the 3 older Bradrick grandboys in shorts and sleeved t's and their sister in a typical tops & bottoms romper heading to the beach.

Number five was the only one with them at the conference we saw them at in December. You never really see photos of their little girl either; seems to me they quit making pictures as public around that time. Maybe that's the reason.

The first 3 Bradrick! offspring were boys. Praise God! They got a lot of attention. Then, Geneva Convention was born. The crowd was so disappointed, but since Kelly birthed her alive without the normal hemmorhage, she was celebrated. She was photographed some because she was cute, but there were often photos taken of only the 3 boys with her apparently off helping in the kitchen or doing laundry.

Then, when that 5th unfortunate child came along, thank God he was a boy, but he's only 4th in line to the throne (Geneva Convention doesn't count), so he's just not that significant. Photos of him are likely few and far between.

Why do fundies think that all non-fundies people are engaged in a non-stop blur of sex, drugs, and music with a strong beat? Most people spend so much time working and doing other day to day chores that they don't have time to do anything else, much less engage in an orgy.

Also, how does Scott Brown explain why countries like India, Iran, and Egypt, where most of the women dress very conservatively, have so much sexual harrassment and rape? I'm sure he'd say it's because they follow "heathen" religions, but I don't see how he could claim that a woman dressed head to toe in a niqab is "asking for it."

I do engage in listening to a lot of music with a strong beat :dance: but I don't think sex is on my brain as much as Scott Brown's.

Scott, plenty of men can interact with society even when they get the occasional (or not so occasional!) boner. If you can't, it's your personal problem.

So, if I spew bullshit like this, I can earn enough to own property with a lake on it?

Shit, I've spent decades teaching actual facts and useful skills -- what a fool I've been.

Obviously he has never swam for speed, nor participated in a triathlon. (Which, USAT tries to make "family friendly," by requiring full torso coverage for men and women, and penalizing times for offenders). Also, fuck him for trying to police what I work out in. I don't own a bikini, I prefer to actually be able to swim, but something tells me he'd find my suit offensive anyway. And no, I'm not going to look for modest athletic clothes to work out in. I buy for function. I wear tight running shorts or capris because my thighs touch and it's more comfortable. I wear tight shirts because they are more comfortable on me than the oversize baggy shirts that some women prefer. I wear bike jerseys because they are longer in the back, comfortable, and form fitted to reduce drag.

I agree with your points. However,you are incorrect about the usat rules. Torso coverage is not necessary. In fact, the only rule pertaining to clothing coverage just says "no indecent exposure", which is no genitals or boobs. I've competed in tris for many years and have worn just a sports bra tri top for most of my competitions. My husband competes in some events completely topless on the run.

The "no bare torso rule" was meant to keep men from racing shirtless. I believe it was discussed at a usat summit, but then tabled. I know some competitions, like ironman, require men to cover their torso just down to their sternum, but it is not a usat rule.

Does he have no idea that this is not normal? Most men - most people, actually - don't look at art and think "ooh, what a naughty looking sculpture... I'm getting all hot n' bothered," and most men don't gawk at other women on the beach.

He's got some very abnormal, I'd even say deviant, thoughts about sex. And he's trying to normalize his problem.

I think this applies to all fundies. They think about sex way more than the average person.

I think this applies to all fundies. They think about sex way more than the average person.

it is a huge problem in muslim countries that require burka's imaginations are going past full blast.

Archived