IGNORED

Joseph from "The Blessing of Verity" got married yesterday

junebug

Hi everyone! Haven't posted here in forever, but wanted to pop in a say that the oldest son got married yesterday. I can't remember his bride's name, but it was mentioned on the blog before.

(The blessing of verity is mostly about Verity and Katie, and they just adopted Tommy last year, too.)

*goes back to lurking* :)

Oh, I thought I was the only one following them !

The oldest son is Joseph and his wife is Lindsay Rabe, here is her family's blog : mrsrabe.blogspot.be/

Edit : there are wedding photos on the Rabe's blog.

The oldest son is Joseph and his wife is Lindsay Rabe, here is her family's blog : mrsrabe.blogspot.be/

Cool!! Thanks so much for the link! I actually like that blog, although I feel so overwhelmed myself when I read about how extremely busy she is all the time

Cool!! Thanks so much for the link! I actually like that blog, although I feel so overwhelmed myself when I read about how extremely busy she is all the time

Same really, I really admire what she is doing for the children she adopted, but it seems so hard to take care of all 3 special needs children as well as having a large family. Of course she is the only one who can decide how much she can manage, but sometimes I wonder if adopting Tommy wasn't too much to take on. I hope things get easier for her with time.

Same really, I really admire what she is doing for the children she adopted, but it seems so hard to take care of all 3 special needs children as well as having a large family. Of course she is the only one who can decide how much she can manage, but sometimes I wonder if adopting Tommy wasn't too much to take on. I hope things get easier for her with time.

Yes, she seems nonstop most of the time. Tommy does not seem to be doing so great health-wise either. :(

I think Joseph's around 20, I seem to remember reading a while ago that he was "almost 20".

If you meant Tommy, then he's 16 or something, but has obviously been severely neglected for most of his life.

I too think that she does seem to go non-stop and I cannot fathom that she manages, but more power to her if she does. I also hope adding Tommy to their family wasn't too much for her - sometimes it seems like it when she skips a post updating us on his status because it would just be almost all bad, but I dunno, it's hard to tell. Must be hard on the other kids too, several of them are still pretty young and it does seem like Tommy, Katie and Verity require a lot of attention.

It looks like she's recognizing she can't do it all and is actually sending Katie off to school and getting ready to send Tommy as well, so that's awesome they're getting the help they need and the other kids will still be able to homeschool!

Mrs Rabe's blog is called, Creekside Cottage. She posts on a regular basis. I guess her family is considered fundie- lite. Lindsay has a job and one of her sisters is going to Bible college in the fall. Joseph has been staying in a rental home "alone" :o Oh the horror for Steve Maxwell! A young unmarried, fundie, male living alone til marriage... :clap: .

How many kids r in this women's family. I saw their blog & it looks as though the girls wear pants.

I think Mrs Rabe has 5. The oldest son married a few years ago I think. He's a pretty cool, mainstream looking dude with ear piercings. Yes all the girls wear pants most of the time. Mrs Rabe appears to be very diverse when it comes to blogging list. There are mainstream Christians, former Amish, extreme fundies, and a few fundie lites on her list. The only thing most of them have in common is the home schooling.

One entry on her blog states "That is huge when you consider that we have 10 people, and they have 15" about the outfits for the wedding, so that would mean more than 5 kids, but maybe there are some cousins or something in there. Joseph's family has 13 kids in total, so 15 people. To me it seems like both families are definitely super Christian, but they don't seem to focus too much on the dumb stuff that many other families discussed here focus on, like girls not wearing pants or the whole courtship thing (Joseph moved out and rented alone before the marriage, they seem to be able to hang out alone before marriage and so on).

It looks like she's recognizing she can't do it all and is actually sending Katie off to school and getting ready to send Tommy as well, so that's awesome they're getting the help they need and the other kids will still be able to homeschool!

Yeah, I just caught up on the last few entries, and it's good to see that she's honest with herself and the readers about it being too much to handle alone. Of course it is, so I'm glad they're getting the help they need. I still think the whole Reece's Rainbow thing is sketchy as hell, but at least these people are giving it their all in improving the lives of these two kids.

Mrs. Rabe has six. The eldest son is engaged (or nearly so), actually--his daughter was out of wedlock, but to everyone's credit the family has been fairly publicly supporting the couple and helping out with the little girl.

Mrs. Rabe (via Anna from Pleasant View, where she is a regular commenter) was one of my gateway fundies, and while I clearly find many of her family's beliefs abhorrent, they seem to be generally kind and loving people who believe in having actual fun. Although I admit that the eldest daughter (the one who got married yesterday) always pinged my gaydar a bit.

Mrs. Rabe has six. The eldest son is engaged (or nearly so), actually--his daughter was out of wedlock, but to everyone's credit the family has been fairly publicly supporting the couple and helping out with the little girl.

Mrs. Rabe (via Anna from Pleasant View, where she is a regular commenter) was one of my gateway fundies, and while I clearly find many of her family's beliefs abhorrent, they seem to be generally kind and loving people who believe in having actual fun. Although I admit that the eldest daughter (the one who got married yesterday) always pinged my gaydar a bit.

Oops! Sorry for the wrong info. Thought dude was married. Forgot his daughter is a toddler. I thought Lindsay was just a tomboy. You know that is frowned upon in the fundie world. Guess Joseph doesn't mind. Her wedding dress is gorgeous! She looks so much more mature than he does. Wish them luck!

He looks quite young, but I suspect most of the kids in that family have had to mature a lot pretty quickly during the past few years.

Mrs. Rabe is also a frequent commenter on the Morton's posts a lot. Surprised she's on the lighter end of things.

Mrs. Rabe is also a frequent commenter on the Morton's posts a lot. Surprised she's on the lighter end of things.

Yes her family actually visited the Mortons a few years ago. There were pics of them hanging out in the Morton kitchen. One of her daughters was SO impressed at how "hard working and mature" the Morton sons were that she wrote a blog post about how most young men her age were immature and playing video games. Well the Morton sons are taught or rushed into adulthood. Most families who run farms or ranches do have to work very hard at a young age. To be fair, I know plenty of hard working, middle-aged men who LOVE to play video games. Wish I could tell her that!

Good grief! I fell down the rabbit hole reading The Blessing of Verity Blog. I feel completely overwhelmed just reading the blog posts. And I feel very sorry for Verity, that Tommy needs their mom's attention so much that she, Verity, doesn't get the one on one time that she needs to thrive.

And the horrors of the Pleven Orphanage. :evil: I need some time to emotionally recover.

Just saw a few wedding photos. Lindsay looked more excited and happy in her engagement photos. Maybe she was just tired...I was expecting her to look more vibrant on her wedding day. I guess I need to stop jumping to conclusions since they posted only a few photos.

I like that instead of adopting more children she's realised that she's not coping and getting professional help for Tommy and Katie.

However, I don't like that she posted about her plan to spank Verity, and how when a commenter asked how she kept the little kids from interrupting homeschooling she asked forthe commenter's email so she could email her. That smacks of blanket training or something else socially unacceptable. You don't email privately unless you wantto hide what you're going to say.

More wedding pics are up on Creekside Cottage. Glad the bride looks happier in those photos. Joseph can't seem to take his eyes off her. There's a nice pic of his entire family. At least he was trusted to live alone before marriage, even if it was a short few months.

Her dress is lovely!

I just checked out "The Blessing of Verity" blog for the first time, and I absolutely cannot snark on them. Even if they are fundie light, they are giving so much love to those kids and they don't seem to see them as a "project".

Archived