IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says he's just been placed on administrative leave. It doesn't mean he has been ousted for good. He could be back after they are done investigating.

Who would be the next in line for the ATI throne? With Douggie, there is Scott Brown and the Botkins and all those lackeys but I don't really know about the chain of ATI command or its branches. I can't see Gil Bates as the heir apparent

Who would be the next in line for the ATI throne? With Douggie, there is Scott Brown and the Botkins and all those lackeys but I don't really know about the chain of ATI command or its branches. I can't see Gil Bates as the heir apparent

Gil Bates might actually be a good choice. Everyone knows the Bates from UBoA and 19KAC. He's a fairly "likeable" and innoccuous type of public figure. As long as someone more qualified is pulling the strings behind scenes, and Gil gets schooled on how to behave and speak in public, ATI could potentially net more followers. :ew: Or, he could just be really terrible at it and kill ATI all together. Now THAT would make Gil a really great choice. :dance:

In any case, I agree. I doubt he will be the one to take over.

He was placed on administrative leave in the 80s and it lasted for 17 days. So I'm only cautiously optimistic. Also while I adamantly agree that Gothard should be brought to justice for the sexual abuse, I don't really want to see the toxic spiritual teaching perpetuated even under new leadership.

Praise God. Light shining in the Information Age...this will never be hidden again. May all the ATI families reconsider their teachings and stop their harmful practices.

Praise God. Light shining in the Information Age...this will never be hidden again. May all the ATI families reconsider their teachings and stop their harmful practices.

Why do you think thats going to happen? I trained all his followers in the way of his godliness and they will keep following the same horrible path like ants finding food.

I'm still laughing at "board chairman Billy Boring". :lol:

Where I come from, people have some unfortunate last names (I remember teachers with the last names Doody, Fardy and Butt), but Billy Boring sounds like a fictional character from a really lame educational cartoon.

Woo! Happy Mardi Gothard, everybody!

(I'm just hoping the report pans out and Gothard is really kicked to the curb for good)

Good start, hope it goes to major news outlets.

I love how this article links him to the Duggars. It is also good to see facts like IBLP is losing money every year (in the millions)and down from 504 conferences in 2010 to under 50 in 2012.

http: // www. religionnews. com/2014/02/28/conservative-leader-bill-gothard-placed-administrative-leave-following-abuse-allegations/

I also hope it hits the major news outlets and I hope this leads to some of the clueless non-fundie Duggar fans(e.g. Diane on FB) realizing the dark side of the Duggars.

I also hope it hits the major news outlets and I hope this leads to some of the clueless non-fundie Duggar fans(e.g. Diane on FB) realizing the dark side of the Duggars.

If it hits the major news outlets, it will be *because* of the Duggars. Gothard is not a well-known religious figure like Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart were back in the day. Gothard does not have a TV show. But the Duggars do.

Gil Bates is on the IBLP Board of Directors. He cannot ignore this. But, if it's anything like the first time when Gothard employed sycophants as Board members, this will get swept under the rug.

Again.

Archived