IGNORED

Sally Mally/Mally Sisters On The Bible (Merge)

debrand

Is it just me or do they both seem unusually young for their age? I don't mean do they look young but is there something about their mannerism and speech that seem way too young and immature for women their age?

I think a lot of the fundie women do, to be fair, due to their extremely sheltered lifestyle.

Whoops. Sarah. I have no idea why I keep calling her Sallly. :embarrassed:

Sally was actually a nickname for Sarah, back before it became its own name. Same thing with Mary and Molly/Polly.

As for Grace's voice, she's a VERY sexy baby!

Can you imagine how they must sound when they sing? Sweet Jebus kill me now...(and I made it to 4:01 before my husband begged me to turn it off.)

I also love this little gem: "I found it interesting how stores that normally would be opposed to advertising something Christian were very willing to help us advertise this debate."

Yeah, funny that they would want to promote a debate that would encourage people to switch from one side to the other and was heavily predicted to be won by Mr. Nye.

ETA: I found a video of them singing... tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=12195#comments . There are just no words. :? ..

I also love this little gem: "I found it interesting how stores that normally would be opposed to advertising something Christian were very willing to help us advertise this debate."

Yeah, funny that they would want to promote a debate that would encourage people to switch from one side to the other and was heavily predicted to be won by Mr. Nye.

I think they were going into coffee shops and bookstores where they allow pretty much anybody to hang a flyer on a bulletin board.

Is it just me or do they both seem unusually young for their age? I don't mean do they look young but is there something about their mannerism and speech that seem way too young and immature for women their age?

Yes, they come a cross as tweens who've been doing espresso and red bull and then just saw that boy they like. OMG OMG Gimme an O, gimme an M Gimme a G!!! :happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

I could not tolerate more than a tiny bit of them.

Yes, they come a cross as tweens who've been doing espresso and red bull and then just saw that boy they like. OMG OMG Gimme an O, gimme an M Gimme a G!!! :happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

I could not tolerate more than a tiny bit of them.

Dear God, I know fundie girls are sheltered and young for their age and are taught to act sweet and innocent but these women are just ridiculous. Sarah is THIRTY-FIVE years old. It's becoming like that scene with Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

And I'm jumping on the idle speculation bus to say that I now believe Sarah does have an eating disorder. Imagine being thirty-five years old (an age at which some people have children who are teenagers and act the way Sarah acts) and having to be cute and sweet and have a huge smile plastered on at all times. Not allowed to have opinions, an educated interest in politics or economics or anything of any weight, or any independence. I bet Sarah can't even have a good cry when she's PMS-ing. The Duggars allow for a broader range of emotions and development. Her weight is the one thing she can control. And all she knows in her life is control.

This woman must be ready to snap.

I wonder what the rates of Eating Disorders are like in Fundie women? There are a number of risk factors that are common in fundie culture: a focus on fitting into a very set mould of 'femininity', a culture where the only way to attract a mate is by external appearances, a pretty unhealthy culture around food in general, and, for women, an absolute lack of control over the direction of their own lives.

Dear God, I know fundie girls are sheltered and young for their age and are taught to act sweet and innocent but these women are just ridiculous. Sarah is THIRTY-FIVE years old. It's becoming like that scene with Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

I have visited their site before but this video was the first time that I heard either Mally sister speak. Sarah and Grace speak in front of groups and mentor fundie adolescents so I assumed that they would be less childish and more mature. What must be going on in that family for a 35 year old woman to seem so childlike? Even compared to some of the fundies we snark on, the Mally sisters seems unusual.

youtube.com/watch?v=HmtNb0sVIcU

Here is a youtube video of a couple acting out parts of Sarah and Grace's book. In one part the alligator(bad guy) talks to the princess(good gal)

Princess: I was praying to know how I can best serve my kingdom

alligator: But you are sheltered, you have not the knowledge to do the things of which you dream

princess: my father says I do

alligator: Thy father feels that harm will come to you if you are not constantly by his side

princess:what are you saying I should do

alligator: nothing but when the time comes be ready to make your own decisions

Their book is black and white without any subtleties so the alligator's advice is always supposed to be bad.Imagine growing up and thinking that making your own decisions is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

..... and how is it NOT like the telephone game.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=12393

Has this been posted? The Mally sisters take it upon themselves to speak out about how to lecture, sorry, witness to the unbelievers with tried and true rebuttals to their questions! Marvel at the bounciness of their hair! Thrill at the sight of Sarah, author of Before You Meet Prince Charming, enjoying the seasons of singleness! Try not to look directly into their eyes, there is a danger of being hypnotised by their intense love of the gospel!

Oh my, I want to be on whatever chemical substance they are on! That much perkiness should be outlawed before noon.

I wonder how they reconcile their position with the fact that there are many different forms of the flood myth?

Oh my God, if I talked like that all the time I think my boyfriend would leave me. If my boyfriend talked like I would DEFINITELY leave him. I think it might just be nerves from being filmed, but I had to turn it off almost immediately.

Oh my, I want to be on whatever chemical substance they are on! That much perkiness should be outlawed before noon.

it is called pent up sexual tension.

The strangest thing about the video is that the sisters are 34 and 24. To me, they seem like much younger women. Something about their mannerisms is more like young adolescents and not adult women. I wonder what makes them seem so different than most women their age? They have contact with other people through their father's church so they aren't isolated. It makes me feel sad for them.

..... and how is it NOT like the telephone game.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=12393

Has this been posted? The Mally sisters take it upon themselves to speak out about how to lecture, sorry, witness to the unbelievers with tried and true rebuttals to their questions! Marvel at the bounciness of their hair! Thrill at the sight of Sarah, author of Before You Meet Prince Charming, enjoying the seasons of singleness! Try not to look directly into their eyes, there is a danger of being hypnotised by their intense love of the gospel!

Somehow I don't think they are going to convince me.....

Scott Disick and Family Says:

February 27th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Wow! You ladies sure know your stuff! Please pray for these ladies to shower golden love over the nonbelievers watching this video! Love to you ladies!

Okay, which one of you left this comment beneath the video. :lol:

The strangest thing about the video is that the sisters are 34 and 24. To me, they seem like much younger women. Something about their mannerisms is more like young adolescents and not adult women. I wonder what makes them seem so different than most women their age? They have contact with other people through their father's church so they aren't isolated. It makes me feel sad for them.

I didn't realize the sisters were ten years apart in age; I thought they were pretty close. How old is their brother?

BTW, when Molly Shannon was on Saturday Night Live she did a character called Sally O'Malley:

I didn't realize the sisters were ten years apart in age; I thought they were pretty close. How old is their brother?

BTW, when Molly Shannon was on Saturday Night Live she did a character called Sally O'Malley:

Stephen Mally is 28 and he has a regular job according to his twitter account. There is nothing unusual or strange about him. I have no idea why he seems so normal and his sisters seem odd.

twitter.com/stephenmally

Archived