IGNORED

Joseph William Mueller, Jr is born.

xReems

Quick summary:

The Mueller family is Adam Waller's (Pecan's brother's) in-laws. The Mueller are pretty conservative: long skirts, traditional courtship (no touching until marriage, no use of terms of endearment until engagement), homeschooled, etc. The Mueller's first son got married to his now wife, Mary Jane Stoll, in March 2012 and had their first child, Karis, in January 2013. Welp, baby #2, a son, was born yesterday. Talk about pregnancies back to back. Karis was born in January, which means that Mary Jane must have gotten pregnant in June-July.

Anyways, he's a cute baby and it looks like they're planning on updating the blog with more pictures next week when they drive up to Wisconsin to visit and meet baby Joseph.

link: muellermice.blogspot.com

EDITED: I can spell, I promise.

Quick summary:

The Mueller family is Adam Waller's (Pecan's brother's) in-laws. The Mueller are pretty conservative: long skirts, traditional courtship (no touching until marriage, no use of terms of endearment until engagement), homeschooled, etc. The Mueller's first son got married to his now wife, Mary Jane Stoll (haha), in March 2012 and had their first child, Karis, in January 2013. Welp, baby #2, a son, was born yesterday. Talk about pregnancies back to back. Karis was born in January, which means that Mary Jane must have gotten pregnant in June-July.

Anyways, he's a cute baby and it looks like they're planning on updating the blog with more pictures next week when they drive up to Wisconsin to visit and meet baby Joseph.

link: muellermice.blogspot.com

More likely May-June - my son was due March 1 (but born March 7), and I got pregnant in the second week of June the previous year.

Poor Mary Jane, sounds like she'll be pregnant every year until she hits menopause. Hope her pregnancies and deliveries are relatively easy.

I am hoping that too. It's just sad that these women are taught that their place is in the kitchen and raising children. Not even 6 months into the marriage, she got pregnant, when I think they should have have some alone quality time together instead of actively trying to get pregnant.

A few months ago, I ended up emailing one of the daughters, who runs the family blog, asking about their courtship views and what not. She stated that no touching until marriage is very important to them and that they're not allowed to use terms of endearment until engagement. I don't think I'll ever understand why saying "I love you" is forbidden until engagement if you're heart is already saying it.

She also told me that when Joe was getting engaged, he asked Mary Jane's father about the whole ring thing, to which he said that Joe can put the ring on her finger, as long as he tried to not touch her. WTF?! My boyfriend and I tried that numerous times, but by the end of it, unless she stretched her fingers out a lot and he held the ring on top, it was pretty much near impossible to not touch. How does touching a finger to place a ring leads to sexual desires is beyond me.

That's very odd. I don't understand why they think touching the opposite sex leads to lust. I've touched plenty of men throughout my life without any of experience anything (hugging guy friends, shaking hands with people I'm just meeting, etc.). If you aren't attracted to someone, you aren't attracted to someone, and most of us don't look at everyone of the opposite sex as potential chances to, well, have sex.

wow....that means the kids are 13 months apart??? Good lord, these people barely know each other when they marry and then back to back babies..... I will never understand this way of thinking. Never.

Heidi runs their family blog but she doesn't update it as much as she use to. I was wondering what was going on with their family. That's really sneaky of them to not even announce a pregnancy.

Heidi runs their family blog but she doesn't update it as much as she use to. I was wondering what was going on with their family. That's really sneaky of them to not even announce a pregnancy.

I thought the lack of announcement was strange. I actually really enjoy their blog and wish Heidi would update more. I have wondered if maybe she's read some of the threads here and has felt hesitant to share. I think it's really sweet how she puts such care into chronicling family events.

A while back I noticed that A & V's home address was viewable on the wedding program that was scanned in to an entry Heidi wrote for A & V's wedding/anniversary post. I noted this in an Adam & Valerie thread here (I think I just said that there was some "personal" information showing and I was wondering if I should let Heidi know). I never got in touch, but I notice that the address isn't viewable on the scan of the program now. It's hard to tell it was ever there. I feel like a creeper for checking!

Edited because writing at length on a phone is tricky.

I am hoping that too. It's just sad that these women are taught that their place is in the kitchen and raising children. Not even 6 months into the marriage, she got pregnant, when I think they should have have some alone quality time together instead of actively trying to get pregnant.

A few months ago, I ended up emailing one of the daughters, who runs the family blog, asking about their courtship views and what not. She stated that no touching until marriage is very important to them and that they're not allowed to use terms of endearment until engagement. I don't think I'll ever understand why saying "I love you" is forbidden until engagement if you're heart is already saying it.

She also told me that when Joe was getting engaged, he asked Mary Jane's father about the whole ring thing, to which he said that Joe can put the ring on her finger, as long as he tried to not touch her. WTF?! My boyfriend and I tried that numerous times, but by the end of it, unless she stretched her fingers out a lot and he held the ring on top, it was pretty much near impossible to not touch. How does touching a finger to place a ring leads to sexual desires is beyond me.

There's a group in Saudi Arabia (in the Al-Kharj region) who does not allow husbands to see their wife's faces, ever. The women wear full burqas for life. Even children do not see their mother's faces until after death, if they are lucky. Why don't these fundies just move to that? This whole no-touch courtship thing is ridiculous. There's nothing biblical backing it. It's just a fundie one-upmanship contest. "See, look! I'm more chaste than everyone else! I've been defiled less than you, so that makes me a better Christian." :roll:

I thought the lack of announcement was strange. I actually really enjoy their blog and wish Heidi would update more. I have wondered if maybe she's read some of the threads here and has felt hesitant to share. I think it's really sweet how she puts such care into chronicling.

I noticedthat A & V's home address was viewable on the wedding program that was scanned in to an entry Heidi wrote for A & V's wedding/anniversary post. I noted this in an Adam & Valerie thread here (I think I just said that there was some "personal" information showing and I was wondering if I should let Heidi know). I never got in touch, but I notice that the address isn't viewable on the scan of the program now. It's hard to tell it was ever there. I feel like a creeper for checking!

Its strange you mention that because on Brian Knox's piano tuning website has his phone number and company email address.

My boyfriends culture does arranged marriages quite often. If reminds me of this, but it's not this extreme with don't even touch her hand for ring placement or whatnot. And neither he nor I really are into the idea of arranged marriage. In fact, when he was talking about his eldest sister's arranged marriage to a man in the US, I remember asking him if his parents were scared about her moving to the US with a man she hardly knows and you all barely know at all, marrying him and divorce being seen as bad. He actually pondered this for a moment and said no, but now that he thinks about it, it does sound a bit concerning. He and his family are just so used to that happening, it was nothing to them. However, upon really thinking about it, he realized it could be an issue. I then asked if we had a daughter, and she was a young adult, how would you feel if she wanted to move to another country to marry a man who picked her out from a site and asked to marry her and you only meet him once, maybe twice before he marries your daughter and takes her to his home country. Simple answer...he did not like that idea. But he's not into the arranged marriages really and prefers to date someone awhile and then get engaged and then married, but as a mutual idea.

So, I get it in some cultures, but I don't really get why fundie Christians think they are being so unique in their so-called courtship way. They are just doing what's basically arranged marriage in other cultures. :roll:

Is it just me or do Adam and Valerie look like the exact same person? I know twins who look less alike than they do.

People say after your married, you begin to look like your spouse.

People say after your married, you begin to look like your spouse.

dogsowners.jpg

:lol:

My mother, who is as far from fundie as I can imagine, had my brother and me about 10 months apart. For a few weeks every year, we're the same age. Then she waited 8 years to have another baby. I can't imagine how impossible it would be to keep that up for all of your fertile years.

wow....that means the kids are 13 months apart??? Good lord, these people barely know each other when they marry and then back to back babies..... I will never understand this way of thinking. Never.

Me either.

Is it just me or do Adam and Valerie look like the exact same person? I know twins who look less alike than they do.

I remember seeing them on 19 kids & counting during the episode of the wedding & thinking the same thing.

Archived