IGNORED

Raquel Has a Band!

salex

IME most contemporary praise music is just the same two lines repeated over and over and over with a few key changes shoved in to liven it up a bit so it's quite possible that IS the song in it's entirety (well, the lyrics anyway).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are having Raquel write the songs then they better make sure she isn't plagiarizing them. She has a tendency to do that.

The Orange Mystical Penis Ferret should really be their band mascot.

Did they explain how they picked their band name? I didn't make it through much of that video. Raquel can sing pretty well but I don't know if it is good enough to make it in the music industry.

There needs to be a band by that name. Seriously. LOL

Band colors? Huh wah? I only made it through about 45 seconds of that intro video, so I didn't get to hear about this gem, but um, I have never heard of bands having official colors before. Or if they do, it's not something that is announced, they just are because they're the colors that the band logo always appears in.

Also agree with all, where's the music?

:drumroll: :character-beavisbutthead:

Yeah, I mean there's Johnny Cash "the man in black" and Prince who really seems to favor purple but those are individual artists and I haven't heard of such either..

IME most contemporary praise music is just the same two lines repeated over and over and over with a few key changes shoved in to liven it up a bit so it's quite possible that IS the song in it's entirety (well, the lyrics anyway).

ANother reason I can't go to the "new" style churches. OK, I'm one who can tell you if I'll be comfortable in a particular church based on how they sing. My sister in laws "celebration of life" (funeral) had, as a highlight some song that was basically was "god you are wonderful" repeated about 10 times then "god you are so awesome" about 10 times, then back to the other. at the time, I told my husband it sounded like a song written by a not very creative 3 year old...

So they could be hitmakers with 3 lines of lyrics...

IHoP seems to draw in plenty of people with their 24/7 online prayer room and exactly that type of music. Raquel and Company just need to know where to find their audience for mind-numbing "music".

Lots of fun singing vines on her twitter. Her singing voice is so annoying, especially when it's looped like that.

Raquel has a very nice voice for singing a special at church, she will need voice training if she wants to stand out.

Disclaimer: Some people have criticized me posting full-length photos of myself on GD and IG. It's not because I'm seeking attention or wanting compliments because I'm insecure of myself. These pictures are only to serve as examples of it being possible to dress attractively, comfortably and modestly.

:lol: No Raquel, you weren't posting pictures to show your outfit. You had eleventy billion poses to show off your body and you would put them on posts that had nothing to do with modest clothing. I see she is no longer saying she is a model and now says she is the lead singer of a band. She is a full time daughter and sister. How exactly do I become a part-time sister or daughter?

Oh my god, repetitive music! THIS is why I quit the church choir. Everyone kept telling me I should join because "you have such a nice voice." I don't know if I agree with them, but ok, whatever, I'll give it a shot.

The songs were basically the same 2 or 3 sentences... usually I LOVE songs in other languages, and when they started translating the song into 5 different languages, I STILL got bored because it was still the same damn thing.

I couldn't make it through the whole 2 hour thing, I got up and left. (I also don't have the attention span to do anything for 2 hours. Not ADD, just, not able to spend more than an hour on something before deciding enough is enough.)

When asked why I left, people had a hard time believing me when I said, "I left because I was bored." They thought I was just insecure. Well, I was, but, I could get over that. I could not, however, get over my boredom.

This is my 2nd main problem with Contemporary Christian music. We won't get into my first main problem here because I've already talked enough.

Well formergothardite, maybe if you were a half sister you could get away with being a part time sister. Not sure how that'd work for a daughter, though.

She sounds so freakin' bored. I do think she could actually make something of her life if she bothered to work at it - she's certainly not stupid - but she just doesn't bother and winds up with an empty existence. It's sad.

I can't sing, dance or play and instrument. Can I just be a groupie for FJ house band? And if they aren't going to use the mystical orange penis ferret as a mascot, can we?

I'm in charge of lighting but I need some roadies. And who is in charge of hospitality? Can we rent Uriah for touring?

According to Cody's ask.fm they are trying to pick a song and make a music video. I cannot wait for this music video! It is going to be 99% Miss Raquel being the center of attention with her allowing the guys to be the focus 1% of the time, but mostly it is going to be all about her.

According to Cody's ask.fm they are trying to pick a song and make a music video. I cannot wait for this music video! It is going to be 99% Miss Raquel being the center of attention with her allowing the guys to be the focus 1% of the time, but mostly it is going to be all about her.

LOL....and where are they getting thousands of dollars to make this music video? Oh, right. The crew and equipment is going to consist of Raquel's brother and an iphone.

:lol:

LOL....and where are they getting thousands of dollars to make this music video? Oh, right. The crew and equipment is going to consist of Raquel's brother and an iphone.

:lol:

post-9860-14451998676576_thumb.jpg

I just glanced and thought Miss Raquel finally snagged a guy, and then I read below and realized that was her brother.

I just glanced and thought Miss Raquel finally snagged a guy, and then I read below and realized that was her brother.

I know, she's cozier with her bro than most honeschool girls are with their bf

Raquel, just because you cant find a non related guy who wont run away screaming, doesn't mean you should try incest

that photo leaves me sort of speechless and feeling like I should take a shower :evil-eye: I'm an only child so maybe that's normal, but I've seen a lot of pictures of my friends with their siblings and I've never felt icky afterward like I do with this one.

that photo leaves me sort of speechless and feeling like I should take a shower :evil-eye: I'm an only child so maybe that's normal, but I've seen a lot of pictures of my friends with their siblings and I've never felt icky afterward like I do with this one.

There's more... It's kinda nasty :shifty:

It isn't just you. I have brothers and would not be comfortable posing for a picture like that. Pretty sure they wouldn't either.

Archived