IGNORED

Morton/Alexander Wedding?

Kira

We only see what Addie posts, and being the lone unmarried sister I wonder if she's too depressed to post the happy stuff. She took Darth's moving out hard. Her and Martha have spent 4 years joined at the hip, this is going to be way worse for her.

Good point. I remember the sad post she wrote a couple of years after Dorothy was married.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleve might have critical thought, if he really has gone to Texas permanently. They may still be QF (two back to back babies) but I think they might have left the main crazy. The Mortons have always fascinated me because unlike a lot of the families we talk aboout, they seem to really follow what they preach. If they could timewarp pre-voting and easier divorce laws, they would in a heartbeat.

Well, I forgot Cleve was doing construction work. Critical thinking is probably why he waited so long to marry. I was certain he would court Melanie Thomas a few years ago when he visited the Thomas family. Guess she wasn't his type. Got a feeling Cleve doesn't approve of his father keeping the kids ignorant til marriage. Bet he researched his own sex info and you can bet his kids will get a proper home school education. I remember a post when Cleve took Addie and Martha to their "1st" movie EVER. These girls were in their mid teens and had not been to a movie theater before. Of course it was a 3D kids movie to play it safe. :roll:

Wow, didn't realize I was the last one who posted on this topic :lol: . More pictures are up from last fall. It seems they are going backwards. Tayte is a cutie and there are actually a few pics of him and Martha sitting beside each other for a change. Still not cool with him just turning 18. Wonder why wedding planning is so hush hush. Does anyone keep up with the other families who are close with the Mortons? Sanders, Roberts, etc.

Wow, didn't realize I was the last one who posted on this topic :lol: . More pictures are up from last fall. It seems they are going backwards. Tayte is a cutie and there are actually a few pics of him and Martha sitting beside each other for a change. Still not cool with him just turning 18. Wonder why wedding planning is so hush hush. Does anyone keep up with the other families who are close with the Mortons? Sanders, Roberts, etc.

The Sanders stopped blogging almost a year ago. The Roberts haven't updated their blog since July. The lack of wedding talk is surprising. The Alexander barely mention Martha's name("our son is marrying a nice girl", "a nice young lady will become part of our family").

I enjoyed the Sanders' blog. I'm sure they are blogging somewhere else, just not someplace we can find. They've got at least one daughter that is old enough to be courting (Abbi) and maybe one of the others is older, I don't remember. I enjoyed watching the house-building by Noah, but apparently they are just selfish enough to not share that with anyone else outside their circles. Which is too bad, because Noah is a farmer and he has to share his sustainable living life with the public, so he's sort of living a lie there. Buy my dead animals, but damned if I'm going to share anything else with the public that doesn't make me some money!

Either Martha & Tayte are now married or no longer courting. The picture of them in the kitchen is captioned:

"Cuties!! The then-courting couple was put to forced labor chopping sweet potatoes. (They are SO adorable!!!) I don't think they minded. :)"

Either Martha & Tayte are now married or no longer courting. The picture of them in the kitchen is captioned:

"Cuties!! The then-courting couple was put to forced labor chopping sweet potatoes. (They are SO adorable!!!) I don't think they minded. :)"

Might mean then-courting as opposed to now-engaged.

Might mean then-courting as opposed to now-engaged.

You're right. I may have jumped the gun. I forget there is an extra step in fundie land...funny how they have more steps than your average relationship progression but those steps take place over much less time.

Unless they're soing some sort of Chapman wedding(which I wwouldn't put past them :/), that's a really long engagement for Morton.She should be married and knocked up by now. I wonder if someone's dragging their feet (and why). Trouble in paradise?

Unless they're soing some sort of Chapman wedding(which I wwouldn't put past them :/), that's a really long engagement for Morton.She should be married and knocked up by now. I wonder if someone's dragging their feet (and why). Trouble in paradise?

I agree. This engagement is too long. What's the holdup? Get 'er done!

It does seem like there's trouble in paradise. It should be easy for them to find a place to live(I thought the Alexander's said Tayte was setting up a home). Martha was shopping for a wedding dress in January. What if that courtship post disappeared because someone called it off, but they were talked into going through with the courtship?

It does seem like there's trouble in paradise. It should be easy for them to find a place to live(I thought the Alexander's said Tayte was setting up a home). Martha was shopping for a wedding dress in January. What if that courtship post disappeared because someone called it off, but they were talked into going through with the courtship?

I'm pretty sure that wedding dress photo was taken in a thrift store and was meant to be a joke. But Papa Morton may be insisting that Tayte first demonstrate that he can support a family before they are allowed to set a date. And that may be proving more difficult than the SOTDRT grad anticipated.

I'm pretty sure that wedding dress photo was taken in a thrift store and was meant to be a joke. But Papa Morton may be insisting that Tayte first demonstrate that he can support a family before they are allowed to set a date. And that may be proving more difficult than the SOTDRT grad anticipated.

A photo of Martha shopping for a wedding dress was on Alyssa Campana's instagram. Isn't Tayte a farmer? The reason Adeline gave was that they are waiting for a nice place to live.

A photo of Martha shopping for a wedding dress was on Alyssa Campana's instagram. Isn't Tayte a farmer? The reason Adeline gave was that they are waiting for a nice place to live.

Quick! Someone needs to send Tayte a copy of the latest Maxwell book about buying a house debt-free!

OMG I thought this thread was saying that a Morton was marrying one of Meredith's brothers!

As in Meridth Alexander from...

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com

LOL! Now THAT would be a wedding!

Martha and Adeline are gettin' all dolled up for the wedding and got their ears done pierced at the Wal-Mart. Daddy and Momma must be easing up on the old time religion? Seems a little whorish for the Morton girls.

I can't believe they got their ears pierced, either! I wonder if Katie and Dorothy have?

OMG I thought this thread was saying that a Morton was marrying one of Meredith's brothers!

As in Meridth Alexander from...

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com

LOL! Now THAT would be a wedding!

Hmmm...Elliot & Adeline might not be a bad match! He looks like he is making decent money from the farm and seems nice (his brother not so much). She is a farmer's daughter so it wouldn't be a huge culture shock. Both families favored Vision Forum over ATI but the Alexanders are a little less strict about pants & sleeveless tops/dresses. While it's not a complete escape from the patriarchy system, she could be a little more free.

I was creeped out by the Daddy's Likes board on Addie's Pinterest too! Ugh, it reminds me when Teri & Sarah Maxwell talked to Steve about whether contrasting buttons would draw too much attention to their bodies (as well as his other fashion preferences for the women in his family). Will she change it to Husband's Likes if & when she gets married?

Archived