IGNORED

Pre Courtship Questionnaire

uber frau

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are fundy, how hard could it be to pass the exam? If a boy approaches a girl's family for a courtship, I would think he would already knows what the family believes in. The exam should be easy because he was likely raised the same way.

If you are fundy, how hard could it be to pass the exam? If a boy approaches a girl's family for a courtship, I would think he would already knows what the family believes in. The exam should be easy because he was likely raised the same way.

Exactly, it's not like one of them is going to be "oh right, I forgot to tell you I'm on bigboobies.com for 1.5 hours every morning, fapping my brains out!!!"

That, of course, calls for this:

vt0Y39eMvpI

:happy-cheerleaderkid: Thank you, I needed that!

This seems like it is a mishmash of different questionnaires. Some questions seemed clearly aimed at only one gender (e.g. do you believe in wearing pants?), but not consistently the same gender. Bizarre.

Also insane to imagine someone filling all this out in depth before being able to court someone.

290. Would you be willing to listen to Dr. Davis’ Parenting DVD’s before and after we have children?

I wondered if this was a "how to beat your kids" tutorial, so I googled. Here's one of the videos:

What the Bible Has to Say About Spanking DVD By: Dr. S.M. Davis Product Description

Dr. S.M. Davis presents a video lecture on the merits of spanking. He explains why the world is against spanking, why you should spank, when you should spank, how you should spank, and what should you expect afterwards. He encourages parents to follow an acrostic for "Chastise" (Calm, Have time, Alone, Silence, Talk, Instruct with Eyes, Spank with Rod, and Express love and pray). #1 of 4 DVDs in the Parenting Series. 1 DVD.

None of this questionnaire actually tells anything about the applicant's actual character. It is all just a series of questions to see that they have had the right training from their parents about the lifestyle.

A few actual conversations and hypothetical situations would show them a lot more.

Whether we know what "dying daily for Christ" means, you can be guaranteed that, to these potential suitors, it's part of everyday conversation.

A more telling question would be: After you are married, you discover that your wife kissed another boy before she met you. What would your reaction be?

Archived