IGNORED

Pre Courtship Questionnaire

uber frau

Maybe it's a trick questionnaire. If you get through all of those questions, you're obviously in possession of too much free time and earn an immediate disqualification.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my nacho platter test pales in comparison! After being divorced and always being bugged by how my ex-husband would dive right in to the middle of the nacho platter and eat all the good stuff and leave me with the outside chips with minimal to no toppings, I gave prospective dates the nacho test.

I knew my met my husband by 2 things, one he said on Friday afternoon when he left work, he didn't think about it all weekend, that work was left in the office. Then I placed the nacho platter in front of us and we both at all the junky chips from the sides and left the good middle for each other.

Of course I ask a ton of questions and over anazyled my husband's family. But ill tell you I weeded out a lot of jerks via that nacho test. I can't believe how many guys dug the middle leaving me the crumbs.

If that was handed to me, I'd take one look at it and say, "Oh FUCK! I'm clearly not the one you prayed for." Then I'd walk out the door, never to return.

424. What is your name?

425. What is your quest?

426. What is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

a. Laden

b. Unladen

How could they have left off such important questions????

So "Marital Roles" seemed to be the catch-all section for topics ranging from gender roles, abortion, divorce, counseling, homeschooling and personal honesty. But right in the middle, this little nugget is sandwiched:

"How do you think your spouse should spend vacations?"

Priorities. Fundies haz them.

omfg I'd rather die forever alone than going through this shitload of questions

Agreed. Does Boob use this questionaire?

If Boob uses one, it's only for his daughters.

JOsh met Anna, Boob told them to pray about it.

I guess it's okay for men to find their spouses. Oh, of course - God only speaks to men!

I'm sorry, but they're more likely to net their daughter a sociopath who knows how to cheat the system than they are to find Prince Charming using this method.

How does this questionnaire helps me with choosing my lifetime partner to make "blessings" with?

:cray-cray:

Dear fundies: you can actually know a person when you spent some time together.

Not with 400+ questions.

I like the one about public swimming. It's not okay to just have modest swimmers anymore, you have to stop swimming around the general public altogether ! Who knows what might happen !

23. Would you be willing to die for Christ? If you’re not dying daily, how can you be so sure you would then?

What does that even mean? It sounds so needlessly accusatory! HOW CAN YOU BE SURE THEN

Two thoughts:

1. Any wonder the Seppi boy's interrogation took so damn long and

2. I have been married over 30 years and we have not discussed some of that tripe.

Doomed. We're doomed.

That's true, one of the only good things I can say about it is that it's practical and these issues need to be discussed before marriage. However since they also teach that God lays it on Prince Charming's heart to knock on the door ready to answer these questions. It's trying to smash a highly practical (if misguided) way of finding a good match together with outright Disney Princess fantasies and they don't really go together.

Not to mention no amount of brilliant answers to these questions will weed out determined assholes who will behave perfectly until they are allowed a lifetime of being a young woman's "headship". Dating doesn't always help that either but at least you are allowed to be alone together before being married and its easier to spot the signs if you have dating experience.[/quote]

Yes, if anything, this very thorough questionnaire has convinced me of the bolded. You can have the best questions in the world, but until you've watched someone answer the questions via how they live, you don't really know how they will be. Talk is cheap and it's easy to play a part.

The boys who are being given this questionnaire have been training their whole lives to give the correct answers. A marathon session of this type is probably pretty similar to the hours of bible study, worship, blah blah blah that they've dedicated countless hours to their entire lives. Probably a walk in the park. It reminds me that scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles when Steve Martin says he can take anything after hanging out with Del Griffiths!

What does that even mean? It sounds so needlessly accusatory! HOW CAN YOU BE SURE THEN

This requires bad teenaged (Christian) poetry:

It rains

On my pains

I am dying every day

In every way

As we all are

Hurtling towards death

At least I am covering my knees

For Jesus

Basically giving your all in worshiping God 24/7 so as to ward Satan off.

23. Sounds like terrorism to me.

I thought my mum was bad with her snobby 'Do we know his family?' :lol: (We as in our family, she isn't THAT bad)

I'm from the south, where the correct question would be "who are your people?" preferably said in an accent from Steel Magnolias.

If that's the questionnaire boys are subjected to with the Duggar girls, it's no wonder only one is courting. And that he's 18, which is really the prime (proem, autocorrect?) age for BSing hour way through things like this.

The Spanish Inquisition was probably less intimidating :)

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! :lol:

Archived