IGNORED

Scientists are wrong part 36: hollow earth and Candy (merge)

julie paradox

Anna Matrix has discovered another crackpot theory:

annamatrix.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/for-discussion-center-of-the-earth/

(edited to break link)

I had a Social Studies/geography teacher who taught something like that. Thank God I enjoyed reading encyclopedias and Nat Geo. I wouldn't be too surprised if some of kids I went to school with atill believe that.

What a crackpot! I've heard of this theory all my life. My first introduction to it was in the deliciously cheesy sci-fi movie "The Mole People"

I'm mostly a lurker, but read this today and.....

umm........

well....there you go.

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com

I made it halfway through the post before I lost all patience. I'll break down the first half for those who don't want to bother reading:

"Kabalistic literature, such as the Zohar and Hesed L'Avraham, ancient folklore, myths, legends, and the Greek underworld of Hades, all point to a hollow earth. Where did these and other ancient writings get this idea? Why was it so popular in many cultures?"

- Because the ancients didn't understand science, and so they had only their imaginations to use in order to explain the world around them. Also, what is a King James Bible-believing, quiverful mom like Candy doing giving credence to pagan religions? Bit hypocritical there, Candy.

"Milfort led hundreds of Creek Indians into a series of underground caves at a specific junction of the Mississippi river, near Red River. Milfort reported finding large underground caverns that could easily hold around 20,000 families. Ancestors of the Creek Indians that went with Mr. Milfort claim to have been inside the hollow earth."

- Underground caves do not equal a hollow earth.

"There are many scientists, both from the past, and in the present, who adhere to the hollow earth theory. A quick Google search can give you more information and names. Why is this theory still around? Because it is true, and I will prove it to you in a few moments..."

- So based on this non-logic, because an idea is very old, this makes it true.

"Another great book for the study of Hollow Earth is The Hollow Earth: The Greatest Geographical Discovery in History. If you read this book, please keep in mind it has some new age yuck in it."

- So it's ok to cherry-pick ideas from pagan sources? They have ALL this other stuff wrong, but this one thing right? Again, very hypocritical of you, Candy!

"Admiral Byrd is quoted, 'I'd like to see that land beyond the (North) Pole. That area beyond the Pole is the Center of the Great Unknown!' If "beyond the pole" were to mean on the other side of it, then this would make no sense.....Certainly the 'Center of the Great Unknown' 'beyond the Pole' is inside the Pole."

- You can't even pretend to call this logic. How is this evidence to support a wild theory such as hollow earth?? Mostly her "evidence" is in stating that hollow earth is an old idea, lots of books were written on it, people believe in it, therefore it's true. Oh, and also, the Bible, another book written by ancients who used myth to explain the world around them, supports hollow earth theory, though she never quotes any passages that specifically say anything about a hollow earth. But because the earth and all planets spin, they must have been created by centrifugal force, therefore the center is hollow because water and dirt in a bowl.

Darn -- I misread the title as "Earth is hollow, believed to hold lots of Candy" :lol:

What a load of tosh.

And why does it even matter to her? Jesus never cared whether the earth was hollow (at least he never said so), and it's a big non-issue in the Bible.

Oh wow, I could kiss you for pointing me to this, it's just the flavor of crazy I love...

The best bit was about the aliens!

"Another great book for the study of Hollow Earth is The Hollow Earth: The Greatest Geographical Discovery in History. If you read this book, please keep in mind it has some new age yuck in it. The beginning of it mentions UFOs originating from the inside of the hollow earth. Please don't discount that out of hand.

Remember, aliens are nothing more than devils, masquerading as aliens, ghosts, certain apparitions, and more. For more information on the devil/alien connection, I suggest the book Unholy Communion. This book is written by Christians, and is a read I strongly suggest. Alien Encounters, by Pastor Chuck Missler is another good read you may enjoy."

I can't say I'm surprised. People will believe the dumbest things. I heard this morning on the radio, that something like 1 in 4 people still believe that the sun revolves around the earth.

I can't say I'm surprised. People will believe the dumbest things. I heard this morning on the radio, that something like 1 in 4 people still believe that the sun revolves around the earth.

That can't seriously be a correct statistic. It's taught a primary levels science, scary that people don't know. I'd have thought everyone in the developing world knew that.

I must live under a rock...and educated rock :nenner:

Anna Matrix has discovered another crackpot theory:

annamatrix.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/for-discussion-center-of-the-earth/

(edited to break link)

Great. I suspect by summer someone in the KS house or representatives will suggest teaching only this in public schools in my state.

That still BLOWS MY MIND that people think the sun revolves around the Earth. When my husband told me that I think I made this face -> :pink-shock: I just don't get it! Now, you're telling me that people still think the Earth is hollow?! Where does lava / magma come from? (I am absolutely fascinated by volcanoes and geology.) Someone needs to 'splain this to me because I just cannot believe that people still believe this bullshit.

Also - I've been told that some people still believe the Earth is FLAT! I just cannot! :wtf:

Archived