IGNORED

Could We All Fit Inside Jacksonville?

luckylassie

I have a couple of questions for you goons:

What is the ideal population of the world?

How many more baby girls should they abort in India and China to fulfill your arbitrary number?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
I had a big day of shopping in town today and I picked up 3 new nail polish colors. I like this bronze color.

Ooooh, I love earthy/autumnal colors, they're my favorites. I had a lovely shiny brown that I lost and I can't remember what brand it was, it makes me sad.

I have a couple of questions for you goons:

What is the ideal population of the world?

How many more baby girls should they abort in India and China to fulfill your arbitrary number?

go back to beating your wife and children. no one is going to answer you.

Ooooh, I love earthy/autumnal colors, they're my favorites. I had a lovely shiny brown that I lost and I can't remember what brand it was, it makes me sad.

why is it always nail polish? lets talk about power tools or books.

I admit I don't think the Earth is as overpopulated as popular opinion says but even I cringe at the idea that the entire Earth's population can fit into one city. 6 billion people in Jacksonville? Really?

(I mean overpopulation in a very general overall planet, spacious sense, not including the very obvious overpopulated cities/countries and resources issues that are going on.)

Well to be honest with you, for me re the power tools, they are all blue. Not much going on with color there.

That's not a bad idea, b/c my knowledge of nail polish = very little, knowledge of power tools = slightly more, knowledge of books = decent.

I got a power screwdriver the last time I moved. It looks pretty useful, but only my dad has used it much. I haven't gotten around to figuring it out. Sad, I know.

Guest Anonymous
It was a big leap for me leaving the rosey reds. This bronze is close to the patina my on my favorite cowboy boots.

I'm silly pale and I have freckles so I don't think the rosy reds look good on me. If I'm going to do red I have to find a more orangey one. What's your color palette? Are you a winter or spring? (Aren't those the ones that get the rosy colors?)

It's summer here and and my toenails need some love. I'm sick of corally colours and I'm drawn to deep, slightly glittery purples atm, but are they too wintery?

Guest Anonymous
It's summer here and and my toenails need some love. I'm sick of corally colours and I'm drawn to deep, slightly glittery purples atm, but are they too wintery?

I don't think they have to be - this is pretty and I think it's fun and completely summer appropriate. It might not be dark enough, though.

stephscloset.com/blog/gallery/id/5918/revlon-royal-cloak-nail-polish/

Guest Anonymous

There's a photo gallery at that site, I'm enjoying looking at all of the nail polishes and fancy paint jobs. I think I want the classic camel polish on the first page.

stephscloset.com/blog/gallery/

I'll talk books with you. In fact just a couple of weeks ago I read the newest book by Tamora Pierce and it had me in tears. It was so well done, I was not expecting the ending she gave but the fact that it is such an honest one broke my heart.

Guest Anonymous
I'll talk books with you. In fact just a couple of weeks ago I read the newest book by Tamora Pierce and it had me in tears. It was so well done, I was not expecting the ending she gave but the fact that it is such an honest one broke my heart.

Love Tamora Pierce. I've only ever read the Alanna books and the Wild Magic ones, though. I recall her Alanna books as being really matter of fact about sex, non slut shaming, and positive about the subject. I didn't read them until I was an adult (my partner owns them and flipped that I'd never read them) but I wish I had come across them when I was younger.

Unfortunately, I can't really wear polish on my fingernails to work, but I always have my toenails painted. Right now, my toes are a brown color for the fall.

Love Tamora Pierce. I've only ever read the Alanna books and the Wild Magic ones, though. I recall her Alanna books as being really matter of fact about sex, non slut shaming, and positive about the subject. I didn't read them until I was an adult (my partner owns them and flipped that I'd never read them) but I wish I had come across them when I was younger.

The Alanna books were the second series I read, the first was the Circle of Magic, it didn't take much for me to fall in love with the books. I found them in high school when I was desperate for something new to read.

I've somehow never read anything by her yet. I'll have to give her a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem. She's a fundies worst nighmare as far as female characters go. Tamora Pierce's girls don't need men to protect them.

No problem. She's a fundies worst nighmare as far as female characters go. Tamora Pierce's girls don't need men to protect them.

I doubt anybody on this thread has read anything that wasn't written by Paul Ehrlich.

Guest Anonymous

QFT.

CanadianHippie have you read The Hero and the Crown or The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley? The writing style is really different from Tamora Pierce's, but they have awesome women characters and sword fighting in common. Those are some of my favorites.

QFT.

CanadianHippie have you read The Hero and the Crown or The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley? The writing style is really different from Tamora Pierce's, but they have awesome women characters and sword fighting in common. Those are some of my favorites.

I haven't but I am going to check them out now.

Archived