IGNORED

Erin Bates without the hairdo

bal maiden

It's just weird because I'm sure I've seen Kelly insist that Erin doesn't dye her hair, but even I have to admit that it looks so blonde in recent pictures that it can't possibly just be the lighting? Why would she lie, or why would Erin lie to her about dyeing it? I've never heard that dyeing hair is forbidden, in fact I'm pretty sure Kelly's said she dyes her own hair...

It's just weird because I'm sure I've seen Kelly insist that Erin doesn't dye her hair, but even I have to admit that it looks so blonde in recent pictures that it can't possibly just be the lighting? Why would she lie, or why would Erin lie to her about dyeing it? I've never heard that dyeing hair is forbidden, in fact I'm pretty sure Kelly's said she dyes her own hair...

Its possible that Erin just uses a product like "sun in" which lightens your hair when exposed to the sun... I have used "sun in" before and when people ask me if I dye my hair I say no, because I don't really consider it dying my hair, like if I had used a box from the drugstore.

I think we noticed Erin's hair getting lighter after their first or second appearance on the Duggar show. It was definitely lighter during the Bates' show and has stayed lighter. No biggie to me. I don't think the fundies mind a little gray cover or highlights.

I don't personally care whether her highlights are from Sun-In, Miss Clairol or are (cough cough) natural. What I'd really love to know is why Erin chose to emulate Lynn Anderson's 1972 look. She had a vast selection of C&W singers to copy, so why not someone better known? :lol: And now I've got "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden" stuck in my head. I've got to stop commenting on the Bates\Paine family as I always end up humming some obscure song that I relate to them.

It's possible she doesn't dye her hair. In the picture her hair looks dark or "dirty" blond, whereas in recent pictures it's lighter blond. I have similar hair and it's been known to get lighter in the summer if I'm in the sun a lot. Or, if I don't wash it for a few days, it may appear darker. I would be surprised if Erin dyed her hair. On the other hand, most girls in that family do seem to put considerable thought into their appearance/hair, so who knows.

I think Erin does dye her hair, I'm not understating why will Kelly lie thought. Do we know if its wrong with a little bit of hair dyeing in Gothard's world? I bet Kelly and Michelle do gray coverage at least.

I think Erin does dye her hair, I'm not understating why will Kelly lie thought. Do we know if its wrong with a little bit of hair dyeing in Gothard's world? I bet Kelly and Michelle do gray coverage at least.

I thought Kelly had confirmed that some of her daughters dyed their hair with do it yourself dyes from Walmart.

I thought Kelly had confirmed that some of her daughters dyed their hair with do it yourself dyes from Walmart.

I don't remember kelly saying that, but if she did that will solve the "Erin's hair" thing. Was it a blog comment? Or on the Bateses show? I think that one time she said that the girls hair was natural, but I don't remember where, or even if she did say that. :think:

Edit: to finish my sentence. :doh: (I'm stoopid and its 12 am so I don't know what I'm doing)

I don't remember kelly saying that, but if she did that will solve the "Erin's hair" thing. Was it a blog comment? Or on the Bateses show? I think that one time she said that the girls hair was natural, but I don't remember where. :think:

Blog comment. But there are hundreds on each post and I'm not motivated to dig it out right now.

Blog comment. But there are hundreds on each post and I'm not motivated to dig it out right now.

I do remember, on the UBOA show Tori teasing Erin about her hair color or her Intellegence. It's between: "this blonde is not natural" or "this blonde it's not naturally smart" something like that. I do though, remember Erin's face when she said that. :embarrassed: <---- something like that basically.

I think the lighting in the photo is causing everyone's hair to appear darker than it normally is. Not saying Erin doesn't color her hair or apply sun-in, but if if you look at Zach, who most assuredly doesn't color his hair, it appears darker than normal in the photo.

Dollars to donuts she's using bleach or sun-in. She doesn't appear to be much of an "outside" girl and for her hair to lighten that much, she'd have to practically live outside. I think she looks cute with the blonde hair so I don't blame her. I'm also really happy that she ditched the Princess Anne up-do. ;)

It's possible she doesn't dye her hair. In the picture her hair looks dark or "dirty" blond, whereas in recent pictures it's lighter blond. I have similar hair and it's been known to get lighter in the summer if I'm in the sun a lot. Or, if I don't wash it for a few days, it may appear darker. I would be surprised if Erin dyed her hair. On the other hand, most girls in that family do seem to put considerable thought into their appearance/hair, so who knows.

Erin's hair is pretty blonde in her wedding photos, which were shot in early November. I think she's at least using sun-in or something along those lines.

Archived