IGNORED

Kristina has a new blog post up

library_youth

In an entry from 2006, written before she was married, she wrote:

-~

Your education may not bring you a Godly husband but when your Godly husband gets in a car accident or is unable to work due to cancer treatments or you're left a widow, it'll sure help a lot in finding a good job being scrubbing dishes or asking "Do you want fries with that?"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting fact about vitamins: I was taking a chewable one-a-day vitamin, and I had a terrible aftertaste all day, burping up a terrible taste. My mother told me it was the iron in the vitamin that tends to tear up stomachs. When I ran out of the chewables and went to get more, the pharmacy was out of them, so I decided to give the gummies a shot. Like a miracle, there was no stomach upset or bad aftertaste! I was singing the praises of the gummy multivitamin for a few days... until I compared the backs. The gummies just don't have iron at all.

I don't know a lot about fibromalgia, but isn't that a recipe for disaster? Imagine she has a big crisis, is alone at home with three kids under 18 months old.... can she even pick up the phone? What does she do in the time it takes to find help and the help to get there? O_o

No, fibromyalgia is more like depression + chronic fatigue + muscle aches/pains + migraines. And in my case it's all of that plus TMJ and IBS. So for Kristina, I'd imagine it's more of a stamina thing. It's going to be very hard to get up some mornings and take care of three babies, especially with the wildly fluctuating postpartum hormones and lack of sleep.

Many vitamin companies make gummies for grownups now :dance: I like them in comparison to regular multis because the regular ones taste disgusting. I don't think I've ever seen one specifically formulated as a pre-natal vitamin, but I guess even kids vites are better than nothing if they'll stay down.

I CANNOT swallow those giant pills so I thrilled to discover that they DO make a gummy prenatal. It's not exactly like the gummy bear ones; it has a sugary coating on the outside I guess so they won't stick together. These are the ones I take: http://astore.amazon.com/77703-20/detail/B003IP8BC8/ I think I got them at Walmart.

Guest Anonymous

I'm actually really sad for Kristina. I felt like, with three infants (which is essentially what she'll have) and little help, she was a PPD case in the making. That was before I knew she suffers from fibromyalgia and is uneducated with no prospects other than being a babymaking machine. I kind of can't believe women live this way in a first-world country.

Poor girl :(

Oh no, does Kristina have fibromyalgia? If so, I don't understand how she will be able to take care of a big family and possibly a new kid every other 15 months or so.

I have a friend who has fibromyalgia and on her "good" days, she has enough energy to get up, make breakfast for herself and her son, take care of her hygiene (shower, wash hair, brush teeth), make a phone call and watch some tv in bed.

On her bad days, she can't get out of bed at all. Luckily she has a great husband who takes care of everything at home and she also has a tax-paid disability assistant who comes to her place and helps her with cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.

There is no way that she could take care of a baby, little less three.

Oh no, does Kristina have fibromyalgia? If so, I don't understand how she will be able to take care of a big family and possibly a new kid every other 15 months or so.

I have a friend who has fibromyalgia and on her "good" days, she has enough energy to get up, make breakfast for herself and her son, take care of her hygiene (shower, wash hair, brush teeth), make a phone call and watch some tv in bed.

On her bad days, she can't get out of bed at all. Luckily she has a great husband who takes care of everything at home and she also has a tax-paid disability assistant who comes to her place and helps her with cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.

There is no way that she could take care of a baby, little less three.

Can you imagine all of that PLUS the non-stop breastfeeding of twin newborns (if she chooses that)? :shock:

I don't know a lot about fibromalgia, but isn't that a recipe for disaster? Imagine she has a big crisis, is alone at home with three kids under 18 months old.... can she even pick up the phone? What does she do in the time it takes to find help and the help to get there? O_o

Depending on what the laws are now, she might not even be able to legally operate a daycare consisting of 3 kids under 18 months. There is or was a law that you can only have 2 kids under age X because you can only grab one child in each arm and run out in case of fire/emergency.

I believe they get squished up after 38 weeks (the technical term) which increases the chances of complication and difficult birth - 36-38 weeks is ideal, iirc?

There is a risk of the placenta degrading as well.

Can you imagine all of that PLUS the non-stop breastfeeding of twin newborns (if she chooses that)? :shock:

She seems to get pregnant very easily and if that continues she will have maybe 20 years of being pregnant, breast feeding and taking care of newborns and toddlers, plus older kids... not much time for her body to recover and get some rest. I feel so sorry for her.

I had a friend with fibromyalgia and for her most days were ok with just a little achey-ness but then she'd just get sudden attacks of severe pain, with no warning, and have to go get heavy-duty painkiller shots at the hospital. :(

-~

Your education may not bring you a Godly husband but when your Godly husband gets in a car accident or is unable to work due to cancer treatments or you're left a widow, it'll sure help a lot in finding a good job being scrubbing dishes or asking "Do you want fries with that?"

I swear somewhere on her blog she says that she will never, ever under any circumstances work outside the home. That there will always be people who will support her if for some reason her husband or father can't. I don't think she has any grasp of what reality really is like if your husband gets sick, injured, or dies. People may support her for a brief time, but eventually the money train will dry up and she will be expected to fend for herself.

She seems to get pregnant very easily and if that continues she will have maybe 20 years of being pregnant, breast feeding and taking care of newborns and toddlers, plus older kids... not much time for her body to recover and get some rest. I feel so sorry for her.

Really? I don't feel sorry for her any more than I feel sorry for the Duggar parents. She lives in a country where she has access to birth control, though she may have to make a trip to her local evil, horrible Planned Parenthood to get it. She is making her choices for her life and she can deal with the consequences. The ones I feel sorry for are her children. They are being "blessed" with horrible names, poor education, and a childhood full of taking care of mom's offspring.

Yeah I don't feel to sorry for Kristina. She came here and turned a blind eye to everything that she didn't already agree with even if it was in the Bible. She is choosing to live this way. Poor Kloe, who will be forced to grow up before she is even a year old, and the twins who will probably suffer the same fate are the ones I feel sorry for.

-~

Right? If she prayed for a husband and she prays for help living a good life, is she also going to pray that her children become well-educated? Valuing education yourself is the first and most important step toward making sure your children get good educations. I don't see that with Kristina at all. She seems to think education is an ungodly waste of time.

Really? I don't feel sorry for her any more than I feel sorry for the Duggar parents. She lives in a country where she has access to birth control, though she may have to make a trip to her local evil, horrible Planned Parenthood to get it. She is making her choices for her life and she can deal with the consequences. The ones I feel sorry for are her children. They are being "blessed" with horrible names, poor education, and a childhood full of taking care of mom's offspring.

I honestly don't feel very sorry for her either. I feel sorry for the kids.

Yet, by having a blog, she's a writer. Others of her ilk will read her blog, and be mis-educated that this is correct.

"Soaking wet" is such an easy phrase that I don't believe it's a brain skip. We're not talking about an uncommonly used or difficult to spell word, such as schadenfreude.

It could go either way, when one has the horrible pregnancy brain mistakes can happen. I once while pregnant washed my hair, put in the conditioner and then added body lotion. I don't know what the hell I was thinking but pregnancy brain strikes all the time. But in the same breath I knind of think this was more a case of pregnancy brain that wasn't very educated in the first place.

It could go either way, when one has the horrible pregnancy brain mistakes can happen. I once while pregnant washed my hair, put in the conditioner and then added body lotion. I don't know what the hell I was thinking but pregnancy brain strikes all the time. But in the same breath I knind of think this was more a case of pregnancy brain that wasn't very educated in the first place.

Damn I do that when I am not pregnant. i regularly get lost in thoughts and attempt to wash with conditioner or condition my hair with shavin cream.

And I have brushed my teeth with neosporin no less than three times this year. (I have a big tube that looks like a travel size toothpaste tube to my distracted brain)

Clearly, I am an idiot. But I have embraced it...I am not trying to tell people the one true way to live.

Damn I do that when I am not pregnant. i regularly get lost in thoughts and attempt to wash with conditioner or condition my hair with shavin cream.

And I have brushed my teeth with neosporin no less than three times this year. (I have a big tube that looks like a travel size toothpaste tube to my distracted brain)

Clearly, I am an idiot. But I have embraced it...I am not trying to tell people the one true way to live.

No, you'r not alone, I do it still. I just say that one can use the excuse during pregnancy.... I have no excuse now. :cry: menopause brain?

What is even more sad than either her not knowing how that the phrase is "soaking wet" or having a brain skip and making a mistake is that nobody in her family has bothered to tell her. If I did something like that my mom, husband, brothers and sisters would all say "Hey sis, you made a pretty bad mistake on your blog, you need to fix it." But nobody has. That doesn't say a lot about her friends and family.

What is even more sad than either her not knowing how that the phrase is "soaking wet" or having a brain skip and making a mistake is that nobody in her family has bothered to tell her. If I did something like that my mom, husband, brothers and sisters would all say "Hey sis, you made a pretty bad mistake on your blog, you need to fix it." But nobody has. That doesn't say a lot about her friends and family.

This.

I go sort of crazy when people say 'would of' or 'could of' or 'should of'...they obviously don't see the English language in print and are going by diction. Would've, Could've, Should've in the spoken word is the way we cut things short and speak. In writing, and meaning, it is 'would have', 'could have', 'should have'.

'Of' in writing when it is, in meaning, 'have', makes me crazy! The way we speak has nothing to do with language.

And, being the word and written word snob I am, educated people KNOW that. Spoken words are slang, diction, convenience, etc...they do not determine meaning or origins.

"Soak and wet" is, to me, lack of knowledge, education and understanding; comprehension is missing somewhere.

I do not see it as a character flaw though. To me - and this is me, not a rule or standard, - it shows carelessness and chosen ignorance. Ignorance as it is defined - simply not knowing with the added element of choosing not to know. And, it astounds me that people don't KNOW something so basic. That people don't make the effort.

I go sort of crazy when people say 'would of' or 'could of' or 'should of'...they obviously don't see the English language in print and are going by diction. Would've, Could've, Should've in the spoken word is the way we cut things short and speak. In writing, and meaning, it is 'would have', 'could have', 'should have'.

Word.

I swear somewhere on her blog she says that she will never, ever under any circumstances work outside the home. That there will always be people who will support her if for some reason her husband or father can't. I don't think she has any grasp of what reality really is like if your husband gets sick, injured, or dies. People may support her for a brief time, but eventually the money train will dry up and she will be expected to fend for herself.

Especially if she has 15 kids trailing behind her. How many people have the means or even want to support that many people in addition to their own families? This girl is living in a fantasy world in which she thinks nothing bad will ever happen. She's going to get a rude awakening someday and it won't be pretty.

Archived