IGNORED

Kristina has a new blog post up

library_youth

She's posted a picture of herself at 29 weeks along. Says she's doing well for the most part, but has a hard time walking for any prolonged period and needs a wheelchair when they shop. Also the babies are healthy and developing on track.

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg. Somehow I just never put the dates together. She is going to have a barely one year old and a set of newborn twins. I just can't even imagine.

Omg. Somehow I just never put the dates together. She is going to have a barely one year old and a set of newborn twins. I just can't even imagine.

she's obviously already incapacitated with her daughter... I mean I could not imagine feeling so weak and having a baby to take care of...

so how many do you think she'll end up having?

Man, I know carrying twins isn't easy, but I can't imagine carrying them immediately after having a baby. Those stomach muscles never had a chance to fully recover. No wonder she's having issues, it hurts to think about the lack of support in her abdomen and back. I hope she has someone to help her for many months after they are born.

I hope she has someone to help her for many months after they are born.

At last! A purpose and use for SAHDs! Are there any of those hanging around in Kristina's or hubby's families?

Um, health wise she says she's doing great--but her legs give out after 10 minutes of walking and she's 27 weeks? How is she taking care of the baby?

This does not sound healthy to me. I know anemia is common with pregnancy, but if she's that week now, and is having trouble with the weight of the babies--4 pounds 4 ounces is not a lot of baby.

She sounds like she's in a high risk category, if they expect her only to get to 34 weeks. Moms of twins, when did you deliver?

Over at the girlsgonechild blog, she's 31 weeks with twins, and her twins are 4 lbs apiece. She talks in her latest post about how she's realized that most women carry twins to around 37 weeks, though the internet would have had her believe otherwise.

Back when Kristina used to post on the old board, I seem to recall her saying she has fibromyalgia. That on top of being pregnant with twins and caring for a less than one-year-old baby has got to be tough. I hope that Josh and maybe her mom have been helping out.

She seems prone to sicknesses in general quite a bit, I guess her immune system would already be compromised from the fibromyalgia? I also remember her blogging about having mono not long after they were married.

Um, health wise she says she's doing great--but her legs give out after 10 minutes of walking and she's 27 weeks? How is she taking care of the baby?

This does not sound healthy to me. I know anemia is common with pregnancy, but if she's that week now, and is having trouble with the weight of the babies--4 pounds 4 ounces is not a lot of baby.

She sounds like she's in a high risk category, if they expect her only to get to 34 weeks. Moms of twins, when did you deliver?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like she's "doing great" to me.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like she's "doing great" to me.

It sounds like she's doing pretty crappy. I had my twins at 35 weeks, but had been going into pre-term labor since 22 weeks so was very happy to get that far (and both babies were over 6 pounds and did great). However, most of my twin-mom friends went 37-39 weeks, I'd say - on average.

And despite a difficult pregnancy, I never couldn't walk for more than 10 minutes :shock:

I wish her well, but honestly, that sounds awful. I can't imagine her having to take care of a baby and a house in that condition. I hope she has family and friends nearby to help her.

I hope that they'll think about what's going on a bit and wait a while (heck even if it's only a year!) to get pregnant again so Kristina can recover and have time to just enjoy her babies. I hope, but I doubt it since "if she dies, she dies". :(

Sounds totally miserable to me and she is trying to hard to put a positive 'it's going great' spin on it.

Hopefully, like Jessica said, she will take the time to heal and breathe and enjoy her three babies before getting pregnant again. If she keeps this up, she'll no doubt end up doing real damage to her physical health and then all the babies god gave her will be without a healthy mom.

I guess under the circumstances, I guess we should just be glad she's not trying a homebirth. :shock:

Uh, yeah, I didn't feel like starting a thread but saw that post and wondered how "it's going great!" matched up with not being able to walk for more than 10 minutes. If that's a good pregnancy, I think I'd rather stay childless! Seriously though, I hope she gets through this pregnancy with what health she has intact and gets a long break before getting pregnant again. Not that I have much hope their belief system will allow for that :-(

I hope that they'll think about what's going on a bit and wait a while (heck even if it's only a year!) to get pregnant again so Kristina can recover and have time to just enjoy her babies. I hope, but I doubt it since "if she dies, she dies". :(

I think the only this wil happen is that they are going to be so exhausted in the first months that they won't have sex. She seems very bent on leaving it up to God...

Austin, thanks I was also wondering about the 34 weeks mark and the not able to walk for more than 10 min... My friend is having issues at 25 weeks and she says she needs 3 hours to recover from the grocery trip... but well she does not pretend to feel fine (and there's only one baby). She's on mandatory rest...

Well let's hope she'll keep them longer in, the longer they are the more time will pass before she gets knocked up again... (especially if they stay at the NICU, might give them more time than is healthy :P)

Wow, that sounds like a horrible pregnancy! Not healthy at all. Kristina, if you are reading this, trust God, but use some common sense and don't get pregant again for a long time. I have been kind of worried about her since she hasn't blogged in some time.

Wow, that sounds like a horrible pregnancy! Not healthy at all. Kristina, if you are reading this, trust God, but use some common sense and don't get pregant again for a long time. I have been kind of worried about her since she hasn't blogged in some time.

I think god is telling her to chill for a little bit. 3 kids, illness, not being able to take care of them... he doesnt always have TO WRITE IN CAPS for people to understand!

She most likely won't make it past 34 weeks if she's doing this badly. That means she will have 3 kids under one. Better her than me. My husband and I are thinking about trying for a second child after our son turns 1. By the time I deliver, he'll most likely be 2. I think having a newborn and a 2 year old is daunting. I couldn't imagine have 3 children under a year. Hopefully, she'll allow her body to rest and heal after this delivery. She really shouldn't try again until after the twins are 2 years old. She needs to take time to bond and enjoy the three kids she has before adding anymore. She and her husband are very young. There's no hurry.

She most likely won't make it past 34 weeks if she's doing this badly. That means she will have 3 kids under one. Better her than me. My husband and I are thinking about trying for a second child after our son turns 1. By the time I deliver, he'll most likely be 2. I think having a newborn and a 2 year old is daunting. I couldn't imagine have 3 children under a year. Hopefully, she'll allow her body to rest and heal after this delivery. She really shouldn't try again until after the twins are 2 years old. She needs to take time to bond and enjoy the three kids she has before adding anymore. She and her husband are very young. There's no hurry.

I think that is the thing that kills me the most about the whole 'leaving it up to god' thing. Does god really and truly want you to have baby after baby instead of mothering the one(s) you've already got? The blessings he already gave you? Is he so opposed to birth control that he will give you a kid a year, regardless of how you do or don't mother the existing human beings he gave you?

Poor Kloe. She is just weeks away from becoming nothing more than dd#1 who will be put to work by her 3rd birthday, if that.

I was just going to say...I have a newly-turned-2-yr-old and a 4 month old and I want to shoot myself on a daily basis. And my husband does a LOT with the kids. I don't know how she's going to do it.

I was just going to say...I have a newly-turned-2-yr-old and a 4 month old and I want to shoot myself on a daily basis. And my husband does a LOT with the kids. I don't know how she's going to do it.

I have a 1 1/2 year old and I can't imagine taking care of a baby too. He's going through a very tantrum filled stage and keeps me very busy.

Archived